PDA

View Full Version : green dragon ring is poopy pants?

Walkhardd
11-29-2012, 09:44 AM
So...

I trade 1crit, 5dodge, and 10 armor for 9dmg? Did I get trolled by the green dragon lady? Do I suck at crafting?

Totes worth the 12 mil I bought the set for.

:d

wvhills
11-29-2012, 10:22 AM
I paid 5.5 mill for my blue set (got lucky and dropped the helm) and 200 plat for a pet. After I crafted I couldn't wear my 10 damage 2 dodge ring so I basically spent all that to get 5 armor and lose 2 dodge.

I pm'd a dev and was told it is in TOS service that they can change anything they want. I said it's still wrong ethically. If they prepaid Directv or whoever for 3 months of 200 channels of HD and they give it to you for 2 days then bump you down to 2 channels I bet they'd be ticked.

I was also told they don't like making changes unless it's absolutely necessary. I asked twice for an explanation as to why the change was "absolutely necessary". Because to me it seems the only reason is they don't want us to look the same. I've fought over 12,000 ctf battles and spent countless hours in pve and never once heard anyone say, "we all look the same, this sucks". The question was ignored both times.

I suggested taking the "remember to treat others the way you want to be treated" saying down since they weren't going by it themselves. :(

stank
11-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Paid 12 mill for my green set as well. Never crafted it after i saw what the results would be. Havnt logged in since.

Chopper
11-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Thank you for this thread.

I was actually considering buying Dragon items since the prices keep coming down but it seems it wont be worth it. I might as well buy Red Diamonds and craft my LVl 75 gear instead for that bonus.

CrimsonTider
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Reason #1929377475839394874 I have not spent more than 5 min in PL in the last month.

wvhills
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
crim, what was ur ign in AL? Add me, I'm wvhills. U can pm me if u don't want everyone to know. haha.
Also, what's jay and tankkaars?

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
My black ring pretty gud i bought fer 7 mil

WarTornBird
11-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I just don't even waste the money on the items. So I lose none lol.

CrimsonTider
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
crim, what was ur ign in AL? Add me, I'm wvhills. U can pm me if u don't want everyone to know. haha.
Also, what's jay and tankkaars?

My main is Crimsontider (duh... lol). Tank is also still Tankkaar. Don't think Jay is playing AL.

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Sold my blue set for 9.8

Energizeric
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I paid 5.5 mill for my blue set (got lucky and dropped the helm) and 200 plat for a pet. After I crafted I couldn't wear my 10 damage 2 dodge ring so I basically spent all that to get 5 armor and lose 2 dodge.

Apparently you're not seeing all the stats of the blue dragon ring. Let's compare:

Your plat ring: 10 damage, 2 dodge
Blue Dragon Ring: 10 damage, 5 hit, 5 armor, 10 health, 10 mana, 1 M/s

Lots more there than the extra 5 armor. And if at some point you earn a ring of valiant glory, you can combine the dragon ring with that ring for a stacked bonus.

Last thing I will say is that nobody forced you to craft it. This update did not cause dragon items to drop in value. They dropped in value last month prior to the update due to the increased drop rate. So if you didn't like the bonus of the dragon ring, you should have just sold your set prior to crafting.

wvhills
11-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Apparently you're not seeing all the stats of the blue dragon ring. Let's compare:

Your plat ring: 10 damage, 2 dodge
Blue Dragon Ring: 10 damage, 5 hit, 5 armor, 10 health, 10 mana, 1 M/s

Lots more there than the extra 5 armor. And if at some point you earn a ring of valiant glory, you can combine the dragon ring with that ring for a stacked bonus.

Last thing I will say is that nobody forced you to craft it. This update did not cause dragon items to drop in value. They dropped in value last month prior to the update due to the increased drop rate. So if you didn't like the bonus of the dragon ring, you should have just sold your set prior to crafting.

Come on man, you're just arguing for arguings sake. you should know that 5 hit, 10 health, 10 mana and 1 M/S are worthless. You're right, no one put a gun to my head and forced me craft but what good is having a bunch of worthless dragon pieces in inventory? The point is I paid 200 plat for certain stats and those were stolen. I paid for 10 damage and 5 armor on top of what I already had from my 10 damage 2 dodge ring. If you can't see that's wrong then I can't help you any.

Seminole
11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Maybe they want everyone to start playing AL. Therefore pissing everyone off in PL will do the trick.

Bous
11-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Not only are they poopy, but they dont even sparkle #moar junk plez

Energizeric
11-30-2012, 03:33 PM
you should know that 5 hit, 10 health, 10 mana and 1 M/S are worthless.

First of all, if the 1 M/s is worthless to you, then the blue dragon set is not the one to choose. You should choose the green or red or gold that have other extra stats. Secondly, I completely disagree that 5 hit, 10 health and 10 mana are completely worthless. 10 Mana is worthless if you are a bear, but the 5 hit and 10 health are certainly very useful for a bear or bird. If they had a vanity item which added just 5 hit, 10 health and 10 mana, people would pay pretty large sums just for that.

Lastly, I do agree that they should not have done this the way they did. If you read my "solution" thread that I posted about these changes, one of my suggestions is that there be a second ring slot to address this issues. From Techno's responses, I can tell that is not even something that is being considered.

At least you do get some improvement from the dragon ring. For those of us who have the ring of valiance, we get no improvement at all as the dragon ring is actually worse than the ring of valiance. At least I know that once I get my next elite vanity then I can get the ring of valiant glory which can then be combined with the dragon ring for a full dragon set bonus.

It seems STS is trying to encourage us to reach cap here. Only those who reach cap 3 times and have the ring of valiant glory will see the full benefit of the dragon sets. It looks like that is the way it is going to be from now on.

At least this solution has resulted in the dragon vanities retaining their value. Some of the other solutions that were considered would have resulted in dragon sets becoming pretty worthless.

The Sadness
12-01-2012, 01:26 AM
It seems STS is trying to encourage us to reach cap here. Only those who reach cap 3 times and have the ring of valiant glory will see the full benefit of the dragon sets. It looks like that is the way it is going to be from now on.
Yup. Business model is: free game up front, pay at the end. I imagine only 25% of PL population pays (buys Plat) for the game. The other 75% plays for free, but we elitist would label them as noobs.

It's the name of the game.
- Ts

razerfingers
12-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Sure is working. I play AL way more often now.

I dont,, i want my 3pc ring :)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall