PDA

View Full Version : elite weapon refresh

Fusionstrike
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
The Blacksmoke preview gave players a tough challenge that rewarded them with an elite fire weapon. However, these weapons are already not particularly meaningful compared to others available and are destined only to get less relevant as time goes on. It feels kind of disappointing to have done so much work for an item that's had such a short useful lifespan. It didn't even last a fraction of its own campaign's lifetime.

The recent dragon changes gave me an idea though. Suppose the elite fire items could be crafted together with crafted weapons from the L75 sets. For example, the fire bow could be blended into the crafted recurve to give it the cool fire bow proc. Something similar could be done with the fire axe and staff with the respective str/int weapons as well. This would allow the work invested to get the fire weapons to actually still be meaningful for the rest of the BSM expansion time. (It could put the cool proc into the weapons or else just boost some stats or something...anything to make them serve some useful purpose.)

I think doing something along these lines would not only help to keep interest and relevance in the fire weapons, it would also show that striving for limited time items in the future is worth it. As it stands now, when I compare the large amount of work it took vs the actual use I got from my fire weapon, it wasn't really a good use of my time. Any similar event in the future would make me think hard whether I should even bother. But if you made a way to keep the weapons relevant for a longer time, I'd be much more likely to consider it the next time around.

FluffNStuff
11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I did put in the time to farm one myself, but still believe that this is a good idea for those that did.

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Im still waiting for my cyber set to be crafted into a 75 set
Get in line

Energizeric
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a cool idea.

Sciazaratek
12-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Brilliant idea Fuse.

Jhawkeye
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Great idea.. even though I didn't spend time getting that.. mainly cuz i got dragon armor drop my fourth run..

Jhawkeye
12-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Im still waiting for my cyber set to be crafted into a 75 set
Get in line
Lmao ikr