PDA

View Full Version : A notice of gratitude to all.

Limsi
11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
To start off, I would like to say thank YOU.

How I remember just this warm Sunday afternoon I was searching for something undentifiable. I recently got fed up reading long narrations by Thucydides and encouraging myself to code a simple object-based scientific calculator program in NetBeans, I knew for sure that there was something else that I wanted to do. Perhaps something out of the ordinary a typical university student would engage in? Whatever it was, it has something to be a complete different element running my activity sheet.

Time for me is essential, something of a life and death deciding factor. I cannot live a day without checking my phone and hitting the calendar button to lay my eyes and thoughts on the "to do list". Often I would find blaming myself if I had missed the bus which would me to the my school of by 30 seconds, good old Johnny the driver had punctuality and precision embedded in his personality.

Going back to the Sunday afternoon, I happened to come across this game and had series of nostalgic thoughts in the form of 10 different screenshots of this game while I used to play it back 2011. I thought to myself: "I really should download the Java API and start programming otherwise I would not make it by the 30th", but then a opposing thought surged through my brain stating "Repeat history you must, play the game again you will" ( the yoda accent was added for the purpose of breaking the ice in case you guys are on the brink of meeting face to face with boredom, though I doubt its effectivity ;P ). The next thing I knew, I had started downloading the game with the hopes of meeting new people again and within the next few days, I was holding an iPad instead of a laptop, slaying monsters instead of fixing bugs, choosing an avian archer instead of constructing a use-case diagram for the program and finding myself reading through random topics here in the forums to measure how much time I need to catch up with you guys.

I then realized that there would be times wherein you just have to remove your attatchment from the real world and start figuring out what are some of the things that you could do for a change to spice up your life. Give life a twist and in my case, Pocket Legends was something that fitted the thought. I know no longer worry about being late by 30'seconds, heck I'd rather have my dad drive me to school while smashin' some Aliens and Slimes.

tl;dr?? : My gratitude goes to all of you players out there who never ceased in contributing this game! i would be spending more time here now.:tickled_pink:

dudetus
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Too well written for me at 2 am.

Yw tho.

Limsi
11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
True enough you guys were contributors to this change.

Everyone'sFavMage
11-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Didn't read but cool story bro. Yw.

Rot
11-30-2012, 10:30 PM
?

Zaonabiuibil
11-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Way too lazy to read all that. Can someone summarize?

Seminole
12-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Way too lazy to read all that. Can someone summarize?

Basically he was looking for a break in life from his work/school. He downloaded pocket legends after seeing old pics from his phone and sure enough he fell in love. So now he is no longer stressed out by every-day activities because pocket legends puts him at ease. So much so that he is no longer worried about missing the bus because instead of being stressed out about it he can kill baddies while his dad drives him to school.

Seminole
12-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Sorry double post

Limsi
12-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Basically he was looking for a break in life from his work/school. He downloaded pocket legends after seeing old pics from his phone and sure enough he fell in love. So now he is no longer stressed out by every-day activities because pocket legends puts him at ease. So much so that he is no longer worried about missing the bus because instead of being stressed out about it he can kill baddies while his dad drives him to school. There we are! Thank you for coming up with the best summarized version :)

The Happiness
12-01-2012, 05:12 AM
I took a rain check on rl 2 years ago and have been camping out here ever since. I've had a little wander over to Star Legends...kinda like a day visit. I holidayed in Dark Legends for some months and have had a few recent trips to Arcane Legends. But here is definitely where I call home. Glad you are enjoying it.

The Sadness
12-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I think a lot of people can relate to this, just in far fewer words. :P

MightyMicah
12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Really guys? His post wasn't THAT long lmbo. You guys should visit...well...any other video game forum in existence. You wouldn't be able to read a single post! Lol

Anyways, great post! I think I know the feeling.

Limsi
12-01-2012, 10:08 AM
@ TheSadness: As long as the feeling is there, it's perfectly fine haha. We all do have different interpretations and methods as to how we express ourselves. Good day mate ;)

@ The Happiness: True enough I'd end up playing this game again. It feel as if you were out for a long journey heading to what you believe a perfect sanctuary; and then you find yourself longing to return home captivated by the mere thought of pleasure and comfort. Thank you :)

@MightyMicah : True there. I have been accustomed to posting and replying with a lengthy touch as the same thing with the bigger threads out there. Though the length mean nothing, rather it is what the speaker has to say that proves to be an important element. Thank you.