PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on warrior balance

TheLowerLight
11-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I played a warrior and solo'd the game with three skills: skyward slash, windmill, and vengeful blood. All 5/5. Rogue and mage had nowhere near the damage, mana stability and tankability as the warrior. This class can "do it all" with a pure strength build as well, the other classes usually require a mathy combination of the stats in order to be as effective as the warrior.
It seems that it is unfair that one class has all three bases covered. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but after playing the warrior the other classes were a pain. I hope the other classes become more stable like the warrior.

ShadowGunX
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
lol this game jst came. wait for other lvls to cme wich will eventually add sme more skills. mayb d nxt skill set will get sme nice skills for mage nd rogue!!!

mike1298
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Nowhere near the damage? Rogues can hit 1k+, warriors can't.

Skeokateva
11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree. I play all 3 classes and playing a warrior is like a walk in the park, so i only really use him for elite runs:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

TheLowerLight
11-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Wow I'm sure they can. But at what expense? If they hit 1k and lose half their mana bar, or get hit and lose half their life, what use is that 1k :D I'm not trying to argue that warriors are best or anything, just that they need to get nerfed or the devs to boost the other classes.

Carapace
11-30-2012, 12:02 PM
We're playing with appropriate values as part of a future update. We're watching, discussing, and implementing so bear with us as we tweak the balance issues you are describing. As other have stated above, the game has been loose for less than a month :)

mike1298
11-30-2012, 12:28 PM

Wow I'm sure they can. But at what expense? If they hit 1k and lose half their mana bar, or get hit and lose half their life, what use is that 1k :D I'm not trying to argue that warriors are best or anything, just that they need to get nerfed or the devs to boost the other classes.

I can get off a wide variety of skills off before potting. Range and kite if you get aggro. Use smoke and dodge to tank or run while ranging. Huge damage still.

Ladycandyheal
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Agreed. I can easily solo tombs with little problems. The warrior is very easy compared to the Mage and Rogue.

Depends on Build too, BUT I mostly play my Warrior because of the ease of it

KaotiicxDream
11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I like to play as a warrior because I like to tank and be tanky. To be honest you shouldn't compare the three classes too much since they are different, got different skill sets and different gear. They also need to play differently. I'd even say there are three classes to fill out the different roles. But yes, the warrior might be a bit overpowered since it can be tanky and still deal loads of damage.

As STS already said they are rebalancing the classes. That's good, before really continuing to say how overpowered the warrior is we might rather want to wait and see how the new balancing of the classes will work out.
I'd like to compare the three classes and balancing to one of my favorite games: League of Legends. The two games definitely ain't the same but then again maybe a little. In League of Legends when they release a new champion it can either be overpowered, underpowered or fine as it is. This is like Arcane Legends. The game just got released with three "champions". Balancing will come with the next patch in both games and we really need to wait and see how it works out. I actually think that STS knows what to change to make the classes more even, just wait and see and since PvP ain't out yet I don't get why to keep making threads about balancing and overpowered classes, especially not when STS already said they would rebalance the classes.

Thank you for your time reading this. ^^

phamtom
12-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I hope you are kidding about the part "Rogue and mage had nowhere near the damage", you mean warrior no where near the damage of other two classes right? Even with the best and most expensive weapon, warrior only get 90-100 damage, other two classes easily build over 100+, max can reach 180s. If warrior lose mana stability and tankability it will be unplayable.

limitbreak
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Just my opinion, my original char is a mage.Then i saw tons of thread about warrior being op or can do it all class.So i tried this class out of curiosity and what is what. Got my result,playing warrior is much easier than playing other class especially in farming( most important thing in the game) coz it doesnt really use that much pots coz it has the skill vengefull and hornofrnew, also they have highest def and hp in all classes.. So hows things goin to be balance? The way i see it is that no nerfing should be done on warriors, instead, increase the damage for mages a lil bit, they are called NUKERS for a reason, then increase dodge a lil bit for rouges or their manas, this is just an opinion.

mike1298
12-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I hope you are kidding about the part "Rogue and mage had nowhere near the damage", you mean warrior no where near the damage of other two classes right? Even with the best and most expensive weapon, warrior only get 90-100 damage, other two classes easily build over 100+, max can reach 180s. If warrior lose mana stability and tankability it will be unplayable.

Rogues can get a bit above 200 shown damage.

TheLowerLight
12-02-2012, 03:37 PM

This needs explaining, I guess. Number-wise rogues and mages may out-DPS. But, because they are moving around a lot more to evade damage, and since moving lowers DPS, the warrior can stay put spamming attacks so he gets more attacks in thus raising DPS. Which is why it feels like my warrior does more damage.

mike1298
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM

This needs explaining, I guess. Number-wise rogues and mages may out-DPS. But, because they are moving around a lot more to evade damage, and since moving lowers DPS, the warrior can stay put spamming attacks so he gets more attacks in thus raising DPS. Which is why it feels like my warrior does more damage.

Rogue has two high damaging range skills with a cooldown of two. When one of the skills can hit 200-400 constantly and the other 200-1k+, depending on crits and the timing of shots, you deal an immense amount of damage running, or kiting, and spamming those skills.