PDA

View Full Version : The Berserker! The Burst Dps Build [but also destroys your mana!]. By Azrael

Azrael
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
So while i was leveling up my warrior the first time, i decided to put points into all the slashes to see which one was the most effective. With all 3 slashes in my bar as well as stomp, i spent levels 24-27 testing each slash out to see which was the best. I quickly came to the conclusion that super-mega slash was the best for the stun lock. However i also realized that warriors had the ability to put out huge burst damage.

First let me say this. When you execute a slash, your auto attack is not interrupted. Once you begin auto attacking, the rate of your attack stays constant, and when a slash skill is executed, it acts as a separate attack, and does not interrupt the flow of your auto attack.

Before i move on, i will say that I did not think of this build for dungeon running. It is a prototype concept for a pvp build. However if you have insane amounts of gold to spend on mana pots, you may want to try it.

So the build was as follows:

Without any armor, your stats will be as follows, obviously armor and damage are generated by equipment:
Str: 94 (to ensure you can use all warrior items)
Dex: 60
Int: 1
hit: 100%
crit: 10
dodge: 6
Health: 347
H/s: 2
Mana: 200
m/s 0

So those are the base stats. They are also the base stats for pretty much every single warrior who wants to wear warrior gear but have damage as well at level 30.

Next we move on to the skills you will need.
1/5 Vengeful Slash
5/5 Stomp
5/5 Crippling Slash
5/5 Rage
5/5 Super Mega Slash
5/5 Iron Blood
4/5 Evasion
(Note that if Beckon works on player targets when pvp is released, 1 point of evasion will be sacrificed for Beckon)

So now we have our skills selected. You will want to have all the slashes and stomp in your bar, to be used in the following order as a Combo: 1- Crippling Slash, 2 Super Mega Slash, 3 Vengeful-Slash, 4- Stomp.

So here is how this works. Equip a 2 handed weapon. This is a must for this build, as they do much more damage in a single swing than a single handed weapon. Next approach the mob you wish to see eradicated, pop Rage, and let one auto attack hit, then unleash the combo. What will happen in around 2-3 seconds is this:
Auto attack, Crip Slash, Super Mega, Auto attack, Vengeful, Stomp.

Of course, the speed at which you combo your slashes will change how many auto attacks get through. Also note that the reason vengeful is a 1 point and second to last, followed by stomp, is that these are knock back abilities so you want to avoid pushing the mob away until your burst is completed. Your slashes will not damage your enemy if they are out of your range.
What this all comes down to, is 6 or 7 two handed strikes in about 2-3 seconds. With raged poped on my warrior with the Elf guard's blade of Darkness, a warrior can easily burst out 1000-1400 damage on a single target.

Now as the Title states, your mana is obliterated just as fast as your enemy when using this build. This build is a prototype and I do not suggest using at this point in the games development, unless you can pay for huge amounts of mana potions. It is however, amazingly fun to see your sword swing 7 times in the course of a few seconds.

So i've put this build up, and now i'm telling you not to use it? What kinda crap is that right? Well if you read this whole thing, the most important thing to take away from this is that auto attack is not interupted by a slash. If you use super-mega slash (and you should with any build at this points), use it in a way that will supplement your auto attack cycle, rather than charging in and using it as your first attack!

Hurs
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that build is supa' nice.

Pixxie
04-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Tryin' this out! Thanks!

Biggest
04-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Love that build Azrael. I'm leveling a new bear just for experiments like this! Certainly has PVP written all over it!

JoJoTheWho
05-02-2010, 01:18 AM
:O Im thinking you could pull this build off with a good 1h axe and shield (axes are slow and still deal a good amount of damage), do you agree? I already have my "Elf Guard's Blade of Darkness" but i also have the usual conq battle axe + frozen shield for when im in need of armor.

If you think about it, going for a pvp build and all, players wont have over 400 health so 1000-1400 damage in 2-3 seconds is a bit of an over kill xD. armor couldnt hurt could it? i love the buid tho. im actually wanting to try this one over mine..

Azrael
05-02-2010, 03:03 AM
:O Im thinking you could pull this build off with a good 1h axe and shield (axes are slow and still deal a good amount of damage), do you agree? I already have my "Elf Guard's Blade of Darkness" but i also have the usual conq battle axe + frozen shield for when im in need of armor.

If you think about it, going for a pvp build and all, players wont have over 400 health so 1000-1400 damage in 2-3 seconds is a bit of an over kill xD. armor couldnt hurt could it? i love the buid tho. im actually wanting to try this one over mine..

Nothing is stopping you from equipping a sword and shield with this kind of build. The reason you would use a 2h is to maximize the damage from every swing.

Also note you will not be doing the same amount of damage to players as you do to mobs in pvp. I assure you the armor rating of players will mitigate your damage significantly. Thus the term, damage mitigation.

edit: @seriously, Ps- i played with you earlier on my archer 'Broke,' and yea i got an extra croc helmet for you if ya want, add me in game.

JoJoTheWho
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Sweet :) and I hit 30 this morning. I was tired and accidentally sold my 2her.. :( I had over 65 dps unbuffed darnitt

Battlegrinder
04-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Itoopeo
08-28-2013, 04:22 PM
My bear has 1075 dps buffed

NECROREAPER
08-30-2013, 01:50 AM

Cool story bro, next time watch out for the last post date before posting on an old thread, Mahalo.

Itoopeo
09-19-2013, 06:57 AM

Cool story bro, next time watch out for the last post date before posting on an old thread, Mahalo.
Who is mahalo?

Conradin
09-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Necros Hawaiian. It means thanks

NECROREAPER
09-26-2013, 03:35 AM

Mahalo nui :wink:

Itoopeo
10-08-2013, 02:58 AM

Mahalo nui :wink: