PDA

View Full Version : New to PL... and to MMORPGS :O

Ubianir
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Hey all, another new guy here! I've recently started playing PL on my iPad and have been finding that I really enjoy it, which was kind of surprising since the few MMORPGs that I've looked at in the past (WOW, Guild Wars) just didn't seem appealing to me at all (Too much incomprehensible chatter, obnoxious kiddies, etc). But I love how easy it is to jump into PL with zero experience, and the user friendliness of the iPad interface. My gaming background is mostly tabletop D&D when I was a wee lad in the 70's & 80's, and then some of the classic PC RPGs in the 90's (Baldur's Gate!), but I've mostly stayed out of the online multiplayer RPG world until now.

Anyway, I am a bird (A green duck, to be specific - I knew all the macho birds would be the ones everyone else went for, so I had to pick the happy mallard head) and I have no idea what I'm doing, other than enjoying myself and trying not to accidentally screw things up for anyone else.

undertheradar
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
After a while you'll realize you almost HAVE to spend money to be any good

JaytB
11-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Welcome to PL and the forums! Reading your introduction, I think we're about the same age.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you got any questions :)

CodyBearr
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Have fun, level up (add dex for bows for your duck) and try not to get insanely addicted (seriously)

Roberto077
11-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the PL forums! Send me a PM if you need any help and go to my PL youtube channel if you need any video tutorials or end-game previews (the link is in my signature).

I suggest staying out of PvP until you get used to all the skills and builds. PvP can be a very hostile place too.

Urqui
11-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Welcome:)
If you ever get bored of pocket legends, try arcane legends:o Brand new game & you'll love it too:D

Knockador
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Don't give your money directly to STS, try using Trailplay for free platinum. If you need gold, feel free to HMU...yes, I said it.

Zneak
11-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi welcome to PL! As Urqui says there is a new game by STS called Arcane legends but there is also, dark legends, star legends :)

Ubianir
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! Let's see, to try and reply to everything...

A) I'm something-something-late 40's-something. So, not the typical MMORPG gamer. The sexiest woman ever was Wilma Deering.

B) Must spend money to do well? Oh dear. Well, not crazy about that idea... I have no problem with buying a game, per se, but I hate being nitpicked and nickeled and dimed in order to progress. I'm dodging buying platinum as long as possible. On the plus side, I don't care two jots about being a power gamer, I'm just in it to have fun, so I'm happy to run around with low level stuff as long as the gameplay is entertaining.

C) Yep, I've seen the other "Legends" games. Got them bookmarked for future exploration, but I'm pretty much a "one game at a time" dude thanks to having limited free time (Self-employed, woohoo!)

D) No idea what Trailplay is, but I'll look it up on the forums. Thanks!

And yeah, I'm not real into PvP - If I want to be screamed at by abusive types, I have paying customers for that. ;)

Waug
11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Dont mislead, you can get to max level, play almost every pve map, and even can be a decent pvper, without spending any real life money.

@op, do whatever you enjoy ATM IG for now. I cant really forget those golden days when I was a newb.

The Sadness
12-01-2012, 01:49 AM
There is definitely a certain bliss to not really knowing what's what. Item drops are exciting, always looking forward to next level and the maps feel fresh and fun. Enjoy and welcome aboard!

- Ts

LuizaKaja
12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Btw you should read the forums on scams. I found them really helpful when I first started playing. Hope this helps.

Griffinfan
12-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Welcome to PL!! check out the Player Guides section HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?32-PL-Player-Guides) and you might find some useful information

If you need any assistance figuring things out feel free to PM me or add me at the names below :)

Extreme
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Welcome to PL and forums
Feel free to add me "creature"

-judge

Spectre
12-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Welcome!

MightyMicah
12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Hey all, another new guy here! I've recently started playing PL on my iPad and have been finding that I really enjoy it, which was kind of surprising since the few MMORPGs that I've looked at in the past (WOW, Guild Wars) just didn't seem appealing to me at all (Too much incomprehensible chatter, obnoxious kiddies, etc). But I love how easy it is to jump into PL with zero experience, and the user friendliness of the iPad interface. My gaming background is mostly tabletop D&D when I was a wee lad in the 70's & 80's, and then some of the classic PC RPGs in the 90's (Baldur's Gate!), but I've mostly stayed out of the online multiplayer RPG world until now.

Anyway, I am a bird (A green duck, to be specific - I knew all the macho birds would be the ones everyone else went for, so I had to pick the happy mallard head) and I have no idea what I'm doing, other than enjoying myself and trying not to accidentally screw things up for anyone else.

Welcome to the game! You don't know happy I am to see a post like this from an adult. We could use more people like you! Please join us for a long stay! ;)

Need any help or just wanna hang out in game, hit me up! My most active ign is "Micahreturns."

noperly22
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
After a while you'll realize you almost HAVE to spend money to be any good

bull