PDA

View Full Version : Weird damage on staff- intentional or bug?

lightcuber
11-30-2012, 05:07 PM
So, the staff I'm currently using on my level 16 sorcerer (ign Professor) is the Shadowwar of Brutality. The damage listed on it is 49.2. When using my regular attack, it almost always does exactly the same amount of damage, typically around 50, even when I completely charge up the attack. The total damage listed in my stat window is 102, and I typically do 120-140 damage with fireball and such, but with my regular attack I only do around 50 damage.

This is where it gets odd. If I were to equip a different staff, say the Shockcaller of Brutality (legendary bundle), I would do at least 100 damage on a charged regular attack, but with respectively similar amounts with skills, even though the Shadowwar supposedly has 13 more damage than the Shockcaller.

So my staff with less damage listed does about twice as much with a regular charged attack than my staff with higher damage listed. This was observed of course when both of these weapons didn't have any procs activated. Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug? I kept switching between the two staves under the same circumstances (same number of people in map, same enemy type, etc.), and the one with less damage listed always did around twice as much damage on a regular attack. Even on the lowest level enemy I could find, the Shadowwar never got up to hitting over 80-90 damage, uncharged OR charged, when in the stat window it shows 102. Yet the staff that lowers the stat window damage to 89 always deals out over 100. Is there some special property of one of these staves that makes it do way more/less damage? (again, I took procs into account)

Please give me a break if this is just another case of noob-has-no-idea-how-damage-calculation-works-itis.

Thanks

phamtom
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
same, need some explanation from dev would be good

Thegrimreaper
12-03-2012, 03:00 AM
take into account the intelligence change which should affect the crit, bonus, and max dmg overall.....it can get confusing

lightcuber
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
If there was an intelligence difference, I would have mentioned it. The only difference in stats between the two staves is damage and procs, and I took procs into account.

lightcuber
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I might as well add that I just got a Wyrmbone staff with higher damage than both of the other staves I mentioned, and its damage isn't weird at all. The only staff that is showing incorrect stats or something is the Shadowwar. (in my experience)

primaeva
12-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Test the attack speeds and use a lot of trials. Other classes report difference in attack speeds having something to do with the damage figure. Our very own Flamestrike Rods are examples of that.