PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Dolan Talk

dudetus
11-30-2012, 07:39 PM
I promised that I make this so here it is. / I promsd tat i maek tis so her et is. Imma let ya know how to speak this magnificent slang, which I call "Dolan". Why? Cause I say so.

History of Dolan

Speak itself is originated from "Dolan Duck" comics, which is from a finnish imageboard, kuvalauta.com. Dolan is as my sig as well. Here's a link for Dolan Duck info: klik me pls (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dolan). Be aware that Dolan comics are usually quite vulgar and I do not recommend watching them as a minor.

History about Dolan on these forums:

First appearance of Dolan is to be seen here, on a thread posted to off-topic in which I post a Dolan comic and me and RedRyder began to speak Dolan in here: pls klik me (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61686-Best-Comic-Strip-Ever)

But later on the Dolan was made famous by a group of troll accounts (3 were made) being made by seperate forum individuals (it's confirmed) and the most famous of those is outsock, who was the first. Later on appeared HalfPoundDonair who is known best by making a new signature for WoundedEagle. The third one to join the party was asdfgh who got immediately removed and there are no other proofs of his excistance than our memories. Even though they are now gone, their way to speak remained and it was used mostly by Elyseon and dudetus. Hankomachos was a great contributer to Dolan as well as I had my first IG Dolan chats with him and later on with Elyseon. Dolan speak got us so deep that we started to use it on forums as well, first some and later on we mainly speak Dolan if it's appropriate (meaning when it's inappropriate) full-time. Some time later it has been used by several others and Dolan is consuming now more and more threads as we speak.

This guide is designed to hone ur Dolan to perfection. Now to the actual teaching.

Basic Dolan is simple. U just rephrase ur sentence into a bunch of mispelled words and grammar. This is usually made by shortening the words mostly (and preferrably only) for vocals, but do not confuse Dolan to l33t talk. There still has to be mispelling in shortenings. Rephrasing should be made for vocals not the consonaunts. Words are based on consonaunts and if u change consonaunts in a word, no one could understand which word u rly are saying. Even though Dolan is mostly freestyle, there still are few rules to hone the Dolan to perfection.

1. Don't shorten words too much.

Even though Dolan is all about derping, ur phrase has to be understandable. Stick mainly by shortening off vocals. But if there is a double consonaunt u can cut on of those out. Or in a situation in which consonaunt ends ur sentence u can cut it out then. Example:

Hi my name is dudetus and I like football. N. = No, Y. = Yes.
N. H m nm s dts d i lk ftbl
Y. hi my naem es dadtus nd i liek fotbal

2. No l33t talk.

Dolan is all about "acting" stupid and can stupid people use l33t talk effectively? Nope. By l33t talk I mean using numbers as letter, like e=3 or i=1. An example:

My fingers are very cold.
N. My f1ng3r5 4r3 v3ry c0ld.
Y. Ma fingurs r veri culd.

3. Don't convert the word into another word.

Happens rarely but keep in mind that as u convert a word it could mean another word. This means that ur phrase could be misunderstaken.

4. No caps.

We are supposed to "act" stupid, right? We don't know caps.

REMINDER!!!!

This is not a trollpost. I've been asked quite much how to speak Dolan and I did this FOR REAL to help all speak Dolan. This guide is still a work in progress so changes and more stuff will be added. It's 3AM in Finland now and I g2 sleep.

Zaonabiuibil
11-30-2012, 07:39 PM
i r frits. me por?

Elyseon
11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Thes wel rly halp pepl i thenk
Yu desrv sum rep fer ur grat cuntribishinz

So dat asgghfh wus therd u meant i gess i mist al hes psts :/
I go cri uhlown

Stemuli
11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
aesom gaude bor. herd ov gooby pls? i misses her :(

tis is crasy, put hers mi numerb, so cals me meby?

0100-DOLAN

cal mi pls gooby :/

Noodleleg
11-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Thankkeez yew ar zo proh. Aye alreddy spek dis flooentlee, bert steel, gud gyde. Gud nite!

Suentous PO
11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Yu hef rulz tu speek, i don haf ani rulz I wil brek yer rulz an laf ah teh pecez.

Elyseon
11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Aslo thenks fer teh faem bi seyeng mi naem!
:D

Deathofan
11-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Tanx tis halp meh alat

billybob1
11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Aslo thenks fer teh faem bi seyeng mi naem!
:D

tHANKs tu eli....he traned meh gud!

Reunegade
11-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Am I bad at Dolan now? :(

Yich
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I warned against this. People will skim through this and think they're qualified to post like that. I warn them that not everyone can without p*ssing me off.

Suentous PO
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
I warned against this. People will skim through this and think they're qualified to post like that. I warn them that not everyone can without p*ssing me off.

Find a toilet soon, things are gonna get p*ssier

Samhayne
11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Please no Dolan talk on the forums.