PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Warrior set-up.

Nihiliste
12-01-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm level 9 and I respected my skills and attributes because I'm not sure where to put my points at. So if anyone can help me out and tell me where to distribute my points and attributes, post here.

Thanks.

Rot
12-01-2012, 09:06 AM
I just put all my stat points into Str for more Damage and Hp. D:
About the skills, I find this one very useful, thanks to Ladykiss : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76933-Tank-build-for-elites

Bless
12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I just put all my stat points into Str for more Damage and Hp. D:
About the skills, I find this one very useful, thanks to Ladykiss : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76933-Tank-build-for-elites thats one build id never go for, mana would be a huge problem.

Id say chest splitter, windmill, vengeful, horn of renew. - thats the more useful for full str wars,

Nihiliste
12-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I'll try Ladykiss's.

Nihiliste
12-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Where should I put my attributes? Mostly str or half and half?

Bless
12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Full str.
Windmill, splitter, vengeful, horn of renew.
Ribbit pet.
Nice build GG :D

If ur going for ladykiss', then go 4str:2int

Rot
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Mana's not a problem for me. o.O Only l9 atm though. xD

NeoKing
12-01-2012, 04:19 PM
thats one build id never go for, mana would be a huge problem.

Id say chest splitter, windmill, vengeful, horn of renew. - thats the more useful for full str wars,

Mana is def not that big of an issue, I been using this build on my 2 min Elite Village runs with no deaths and occasionally using mana pots. The runs become cake walk with this build and easy farming.

Chest Splitter = auto aggro so Jarl keeps his attention on you, use Axe Throw and get him into a corner between the two rocks on upper right hand side.

Then its just Chest Splitter > Axe Throw > Windmill > Horn of Renew > Pet Attack and repeat. I occasionally use mana pots or health pots due to lag or not paying attention to the rotation of skills.

This build is really amazing. Flap Jack acts as your Vengeful Blood source you really don't need Vengeful at all and my DPS is still great without it thanks to Flap Jack.

Ribbit and Vengeful build is great for mobbing and training but once your at level 16 just farming Elite bosses then Ladykiss's build is the true winner. Try it out and you can see the difference.

The main thing with this build is you use chest splitter when you see the boss light up "Red" that means he's winding up his attack. Then keep your look out for Horn of renew to make your party invulnerable for that small window till chest splitter cool down finishes. And in between you use Axe Throw and Windmill for DPS. It's really simple and easy and no one usually ends up dying or using massive amounts of pots.

Bless
12-01-2012, 05:17 PM
thats one build id never go for, mana would be a huge problem.

Mana is def not that big of an issue, I been using this build on my 2 min Elite Village runs with no deaths and occasionally using mana pots. The runs become cake walk with this build and easy farming.

Chest Splitter = auto aggro so Jarl keeps his attention on you, use Axe Throw and get him into a corner between the two rocks on upper right hand side.

Then its just Chest Splitter > Axe Throw > Windmill > Horn of Renew > Pet Attack and repeat. I occasionally use mana pots or health pots due to lag or not paying attention to the rotation of skills.

This build is really amazing. Flap Jack acts as your Vengeful Blood source you really don't need Vengeful at all and my DPS is still great without it thanks to Flap Jack.

Ribbit and Vengeful build is great for mobbing and training but once your at level 16 just farming Elite bosses then Ladykiss's build is the true winner. Try it out and you can see the difference.

The main thing with this build is you use chest splitter when you see the boss light up "Red" that means he's winding up his attack. Then keep your look out for Horn of renew to make your party invulnerable for that small window till chest splitter cool down finishes. And in between you use Axe Throw and Windmill for DPS. It's really simple and easy and no one usually ends up dying or using massive amounts of pots.

1.Well i guess everyone has their own playstyle, and mine suits me the best :P

2. Id pick vengeful+ribbit combo over flapjack+axe throw any day, this is because, as a tank you need health which is not a problem but as you use skills the mana runs out quickly, quicker than u could regenerate. Flapjacks regen wouldnt be able to keep up and u will end up having using potions in the end, whereas if u pick ribbit+veng combo, ribbit maintains hp and the veng skill regens my mana from about 5 to 100 in like 6 seconds. Mana is faster regenerating and the health is really useful!

3. Also as a warrior, i wouldnt focus on attacks especially in elite, u make sure that those rogues dont get the aggro. I tank, and just spam chest splitter (which cancels the red attack) and windmill.

4. Vengeful is bettter than flapjack because it gives buffs:

FJ: 15% damage, 8hp/s, 8mp/s - damage is quite useful in elite to eliminate boss faster but not that useful, hp regen is not that useful unless ur a weak tank. Mana regen is slower than Veng but useful.

Veng: Crit is a pretty decent buff, damage is quite useful too, Heal is very useful - this skill can be used to heal both hp&mp, mp regen/heals are better than flapjack overall.

5. Warrior becomes reliant on MP regen pets, which is bad. Imagine u have no gold to feed ur pet - ur literally screwed. Veng is a skill so its always there and even if my ribbits not there, it has no effect on my mana.

6. U have to pay for the mp pets, eg. 50plat or 70k gold for flapjack.

Oh well like i said everyone has their own playstyle

mafiainc42
12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
full str 5/5 venge 3/5 ax 4/5 wind 3/5 hammer beserker fitness arm ... juggs of will helm.. vorpal assault. 3.7dmg ring and amulet..malison pet for elite runs. ribbit for xp/kill farm

rich mans build but the most effective imo...

Covert
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
juzt ask ephesius

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Where should I put my attributes? Mostly str or half and half?

Put every single point into strength.

NeoKing
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM

2. Id pick vengeful+ribbit combo over flapjack+axe throw any day, this is because, as a tank you need health which is not a problem but as you use skills the mana runs out quickly, quicker than u could regenerate. Flapjacks regen wouldnt be able to keep up and u will end up having using potions in the end, whereas if u pick ribbit+veng combo, ribbit maintains hp and the veng skill regens my mana from about 5 to 100 in like 6 seconds. Mana is faster regenerating and the health is really useful!

3. Also as a warrior, i wouldnt focus on attacks especially in elite, u make sure that those rogues dont get the aggro. I tank, and just spam chest splitter (which cancels the red attack) and windmill.

FJ: 15% damage, 8hp/s, 8mp/s - damage is quite useful in elite to eliminate boss faster but not that useful, hp regen is not that useful unless ur a weak tank. Mana regen is slower than Veng but useful.

Veng: Crit is a pretty decent buff, damage is quite useful too, Heal is very useful - this skill can be used to heal both hp&mp, mp regen/heals are better than flapjack overall.

5. Warrior becomes reliant on MP regen pets, which is bad. Imagine u have no gold to feed ur pet - ur literally screwed. Veng is a skill so its always there and even if my ribbits not there, it has no effect on my mana.

I hope you do realize that Flap Jack and Ribbit have the same Health Regen of +8. But Ribbit does not have Mana Regen and Flap Jack does of +8. Flap Jack's 15% damage gives boosts to skill damage to any class. Unlike normal damage like Ribbit does to only warriors with +25 STR, since we are always using skills to do damage, that is where the DPS shines. And since this is a constant active ability Flap Jack acts as a constant source of Vengeful blood without the cooldown for any class.

In terms of price, Flap Jack and Ribbit are both 50 Plat but Flap Jack atm is cheaper than Ribbit in CS 60k and 75k respectively.

Axe Throw w/ Denting Blow, Blacksmith's Touch and Chained Bait:
Increased damage on critical = More damage on crits
10% reduction in Armor = 10% more damage by your party,
15% additional damage when hit with throwing weapon = 15% more damage.

7 second cooldown on axe throw vs 30 second cooldown on vengeful blood which is only active for 10 seconds, so that's 20 seconds of being useless.

Meaning I can dish out 4 Axe throws within a 30 second window that give me Increased damage on Crit, 10% more damage on armor reduction (so my party does 10% more damage), 15% additional damage since its hit with Axe Throw. And while its giving me and my party those DPS buffs it's helping me dish out my own DPS. Now imagine 4 warriors using Axe Throw on Jarl that's 40% reduction in armor = 40% more damage as a party! (if it stacks).

Since you stated "Also as a warrior, i wouldnt focus on attacks especially in elite, u make sure that those rogues dont get the aggro. I tank, and just spam chest splitter (which cancels the red attack) and windmill". I'm doing the same exact thing but more efficiently in faster skill rotations and while I'm doing this my Axe throw is adding 10% more damage from my party due to the 10% reduction in armor. 10% more damage from my party every 7 seconds significantly outweighs the 10 seconds worth of damage vengeful blood buffs me with alone (with 20 seconds of uselessness). 4 person DPS > 1 person DPS.

Axe Throw is also a boss pull magnet, so you can safely get w.e boss your fighting into a safer location away from mobs (in this case for Jarl you get him into between 2 rocks on top right hand side), so you can just kill the boss faster and speed up your runs. Instead of fighting the boss with the mobs that follow him which slows down your runs for you and your party.

Your analysis on warriors being reliant on MP regen pets is flawed since having that ability was never a hindrance to begin with, it only helps save you money on pots, not waste money. This goes for any class and not just warriors. At the moment Flap Jack has the highest MP regen of +8 from all pets.

Since you haven't personally tried this build yourself and I have I can tell you from my game play perspective that at most I end up using 4-5 MP pots and maybe 1-3 HP pots which is only 79-125 gold at most per Jarl run. Which is not bad at all from the drops I find in Elite chests worth in the 100k's+. In terms of feeding your pet that depends on your own personal situation if your broke or not to switch out pets, but again that's generalizing what everyone goes thru regardless of class. And logic dictates that since your strong enough to be elite farming, your rich enough to feed your pets majority of the time (I have mine on auto-feed while elite farming personally). Plus we're only discussing which build is more superior to Elite farm with at current level cap of 16. The next level cap of 21 things will definitely be different in terms of builds or maybe even not.

Bottom line I do agree on is that everyone has their own play style, but some builds are superior than others and I thank Ladykiss for bringing out this build which not many were using.

You can't judge until you try it out yourself~

Nihiliste
12-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm using Ladykiss's build for now.

ShadowGunX
12-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I hope you do realize that Flap Jack and Ribbit have the same Health Regen of +8. But Ribbit does not have Mana Regen and Flap Jack does of +8. Flap Jack's 15% damage gives boosts to skill damage to any class. Unlike normal damage like Ribbit does to only warriors with +25 STR, since we are always using skills to do damage, that is where the DPS shines. And since this is a constant active ability Flap Jack acts as a constant source of Vengeful blood without the cooldown for any class.

In terms of price, Flap Jack and Ribbit are both 50 Plat but Flap Jack atm is cheaper than Ribbit in CS 60k and 75k respectively.

7 second cooldown on axe throw vs 30 second cooldown on vengeful blood which is only active for 10 seconds, so that's 20 seconds of being useless.

Meaning I can dish out 4 Axe throws within a 30 second window that give me Increased damage on Crit, 10% more damage on armor reduction (so my party does 10% more damage), 15% additional damage since its hit with Axe Throw. And while its giving me and my party those DPS buffs it's helping me dish out my own DPS. Now imagine 4 warriors using Axe Throw on Jarl that's 40% reduction in armor = 40% more damage as a party! (if it stacks).

Since you stated "Also as a warrior, i wouldnt focus on attacks especially in elite, u make sure that those rogues dont get the aggro. I tank, and just spam chest splitter (which cancels the red attack) and windmill". I'm doing the same exact thing but more efficiently in faster skill rotations and while I'm doing this my Axe throw is adding 10% more damage from my party due to the 10% reduction in armor. 10% more damage from my party every 7 seconds significantly outweighs the 10 seconds worth of damage vengeful blood buffs me with alone (with 20 seconds of uselessness). 4 person DPS > 1 person DPS.

Axe Throw is also a boss pull magnet, so you can safely get w.e boss your fighting into a safer location away from mobs (in this case for Jarl you get him into between 2 rocks on top right hand side), so you can just kill the boss faster and speed up your runs. Instead of fighting the boss with the mobs that follow him which slows down your runs for you and your party.

Your analysis on warriors being reliant on MP regen pets is flawed since having that ability was never a hindrance to begin with, it only helps save you money on pots, not waste money. This goes for any class and not just warriors. At the moment Flap Jack has the highest MP regen of +8 from all pets.

Since you haven't personally tried this build yourself and I have I can tell you from my game play perspective that at most I end up using 4-5 MP pots and maybe 1-3 HP pots which is only 79-125 gold at most per Jarl run. Which is not bad at all from the drops I find in Elite chests worth in the 100k's+. In terms of feeding your pet that depends on your own personal situation if your broke or not to switch out pets, but again that's generalizing what everyone goes thru regardless of class. And logic dictates that since your strong enough to be elite farming, your rich enough to feed your pets majority of the time (I have mine on auto-feed while elite farming personally). Plus we're only discussing which build is more superior to Elite farm with at current level cap of 16. The next level cap of 21 things will definitely be different in terms of builds or maybe even not.

Bottom line I do agree on is that everyone has their own play style, but some builds are superior than others and I thank Ladykiss for bringing out this build which not many were using.

You can't judge until you try it out yourself~

i think this build nt det mch effective to one who r lvling. bt i agree its d bst for doing elite boss run in party only. lol its funny to pull da boss with axe throw.

Bless
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM

You can't judge until you try it out yourself~ but at the end of the day, that build relies on the pet. Whereas in my build i dont need a pet.

Ladykiss
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
but at the end of the day, that build relies on the pet. Whereas in my build i dont need a pet.

This made me lol a little

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk