PDA

View Full Version : Event Stats

Elyseon
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
recent game events that imo were very fun(forgotten treasure and halloween) have introduced new items which especially in levels below 50 blown away the previous campaign gear statwise also some looks pretty cool

anyways it has reduced the variety of builds gearwise greatly, people just pick up a forgotten bow or a chunker
im not here to cry NERF DEMMMMM NAOW
but i was more thinking of alternatives to award players for farming these events, but not make the previous items worthless

first off this would be stupid to implement at this point for forgotten bows and halloween items for reasons that will become obvious

-Event Crafting
this is assuming that following events would also release items with great improvements over campaign gear, but the concept for this would to have along with the event items there would be diamonds or event gems drops for the event taking the forgotten event that would allow certain items that were already existing to be improved through a limited time crafting npc, because obviously having these npc stay forever would end up taking alot of game data
for instance
forgotten gem + level19 forest bow = forgotten forest bow
would allow slight improvements
Pros:
-People could still use their old gear the love so much
-different event crafts could add different procs for more variety

Cons:
-would be limited time only
-your item would be craftable for one event only
-would require more of sts time

-Current Gear Buff
this idea is much simpler but slightly less fun
just strengthen campaign gear to be competitive with event drops
not much to explain lol
Pros:
-more builds for pvp
-would encourage more farming in somewhat abandoned campaigns

Cons:
-sts would gotta balance all stuffs lulz

posts ur thoughts here
dont have time to finish now

Energizeric
12-02-2012, 03:22 AM
What I think they should do is instead of nerfing the stats of the forgotten and Halloween stuff, they should boost the pink legendary set items for lower levels. Things such as the lvl25, 35, 50 & 55 sets, and maybe some premium twink items like the lvl10 doom weapons, lvl5 & 15 crafted armors, Demon Claw, Vyxnaar Helm, Shock Lance, etc... By the time you get to lvl60, the set items are better than these new items, but for the lower levels, this would help even out some of the PVP concerns. Then they would also have to make some of the dungeons slightly more difficult, i.e. mobs and bosses hit harder. But I am talking very slight increases in stats, like maybe a 10-20% boost. I think that should fix some of these issues.

Elyseon
12-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I miss the vyx + demon claw combo :(
Yeh wud be cool tho cuz then people wud farm teh campaigns moar