PDA

View Full Version : Best PvP class?

Montanabro
12-01-2012, 03:43 PM
What class and builds do you think will do the best in PvP? Most of us recall that a few certain builds would do especially well in each PL and SL patch. What will AL's be?

Traebeles99
12-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I am going to suggest mage or warrior because of the significant dmg they do but u never know.

sirtibby
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Rogue. Because of the significant damage we do.

Traebeles99
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Lol but they have barely any life but u never know.

mike1298
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM

Malison arcane and razor dodge stack with pure dex. 50%+ dodge for a bit. Helps some

gison
12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Mage. Cus we have the clock thingy

iRusher
12-01-2012, 06:11 PM

And tht will own naabs

sirtibby
12-01-2012, 06:25 PM

True. :) I'm interested in finding out!

CrimsonTider
12-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't think people realize how much of a role pets will play.

Bless
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM

And tht will own naabs nuuu! U nu stale mi werds! Du u knut knu whu ei emme?

sirtibby
12-01-2012, 06:32 PM

I've been wondering myself if pets will even be allowed in pvp. Might be unfair advantage.

Ubernewber
12-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm gunna be first level 10 Mage and 5dagger lady :P already got them leveled and stuff

Cahaun
12-01-2012, 06:53 PM

I've been wondering myself if pets will even be allowed in pvp. Might be unfair advantage.
If you think pets will be an unfair advantage, then you might as well say that my weapons and armor is an unfair advantage because it gives me different stats than others.

CrimsonTider
12-01-2012, 07:01 PM

Why would it be unfair. Thirty-six pets to choose from = more variety = better pvp.

Elyseon
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Did ne1 els fend teh wey tu unlok oyztr claz?

Ubernewber
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Talk normal...

Ubernewber
12-01-2012, 09:40 PM
If you think pets will be an unfair advantage, then you might as well say that my weapons and armor is an unfair advantage because it gives me different stats than others.

I laughed at the different stat part

Elyseon
12-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Talk normal...
I em
U tak nerml

sirtibby
12-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Stats don't always mean anything. I wasn't being clear though... My fault. I was thinking more of lag and Chrome vs mobile. In DL especially in CTF it got pretty laggy with 5v5. Chrome users seemed more immune to the lagging than mobile players. Now that iOS is playing I certainly hope they fix the lag issues I've been having from server overload before pvp. Otherwise, I shudder to think of more 5v5 with pets. 10 ppl and 10 pets in one zone triggering skills like mad.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind pets in pvp it adds more strategy to the game. I'm just worried about latency.

Patricks
12-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Mages dont have a 'dash' skill so that might be disadvantageous for several reasons: running away, moving flag from point A to B, and getting to power ups quickly. :(

Ambient
12-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Warriors, imo.

80% sure.

primaeva
12-02-2012, 12:15 AM
@Patricks: I highly doubt they'll enable dashing with the flag. Dashing around the map with the current low CD will be a dominant game mechanic that will overshadow every other skill-- what more if flag carriers can equip it.

Mages have the best toolkit to catch a runner, so I'm not too worried about the lack of a dash. But they'll make weak carriers if dash spam is allowed.

Otherwise: Gale Force + Frost bolt + Arcane Shield + Time Shift = definitely a very fun class to play.

ShadowGunX
12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
u all should b shivering when warrior unleases maxed vengeful blood nd does a massive hammer upon u nd den windmill ur get kockout.

iRusher
12-02-2012, 12:55 AM

I r uz teh oyztur claz et iz kewl I r own awl uh teh udder clazez

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 01:07 AM
u all should b shivering when warrior unleases maxed vengeful blood nd does a massive hammer upon u nd den windmill ur get kockout.

I suspect it will be easy to avoid the 2nd and 3rd ticks of the Windmill.

primaeva
12-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I'll be shivering as my arcane shield soaks up your joke DPS, then frost bolt you to death while surfing Facebook with my other hand. :D

Cero
12-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Mages FTW.

what can you do if your stun lock?????

Flames-frost-lightning pfffff

ShadowGunX
12-02-2012, 04:16 AM
I'll be shivering as my arcane shield soaks up your joke DPS, then frost bolt you to death while surfing Facebook with my other hand. :D

o_O as if ur nuke can past through my armour nd hp lol

ShadowGunX
12-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Mages FTW.

hav u heard det horn of renew puts a protective shield O:-)

Gassyllama
12-02-2012, 05:31 AM

Yeah I think warriors are going to try and time their horn of renew for when you use skills, charge in with veng. blood. do as much damage as they can, then get eaten up by a mage or rogue if they didn't kill..

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Yeah I think warriors are going to try and time their horn of renew for when you use skills, charge in with veng. blood. do as much damage as they can, then get eaten up by a mage or rogue if they didn't kill..

Axe

nenjih
12-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Will there be some limit on potion use? If not then it's like whoever has the deepest pockets will win.

Cero
12-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Mages FTW.

for 2secs? i'd rather use that one skill point for other skill upgrade than wasting it for the 2secs benifit.

iRusher
12-02-2012, 08:09 AM

And tht will own naabs nuuu! U nu stale mi werds! Du u knut knu whu ei emme?

Nuuu I du nawt

iRusher
12-02-2012, 08:11 AM
I found a good Mage combo that I'm 90% sure will work in pvp

Clock-ice-lightning-fire
NUKED SON!

primaeva
12-02-2012, 11:24 AM

hav u herd det arcane shield puts a similar protective shield O:-)

So let's trade shields, then see you try to eat through 45% damage reduction for 15 seconds while we stick you in a Time Shift perma-root! (:<

sirtibby
12-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Don't forget rogue razor shield has a point you can put in it to get rid of all roots and snares.

Cero
12-02-2012, 12:39 PM
hav u herd det arcane shield puts a similar protective shield O:-)

So let's trade shields, then see you try to eat through 45% damage reduction for 15 seconds while we stick you in a Time Shift perma-root! (:<

57%dmg absorb with shiloh pet:)

shayen
12-02-2012, 08:24 PM
how to do PVP here on AL? is ther a room?? i dont see any pvp invitation when i choose a character

primaeva
12-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Razor Shield has a 20s cooldown and you need to charge it to break snare. Frost Bolt has a 3s cooldown and 100% stuns for 7 sec. Time Shift root happens every 0.3 seconds inside the bubble and lasts 8 seconds, the spell has a 10 second cooldown. Fireball has a 3s cooldown and a 100% stun. Gale Force has a 5.5s cooldown with a 100% knockdown for 3 seconds, and has a chance to KD for 6 seconds.

All the spells previously marginally useful on mobs really shines in PvP :D

primaeva
12-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Finally, doubt potions are allowed in PvP, making sorcs the only class with a huge mana pool and mana restore heal. Sorcs can certainly tank 6 aimed shots while waiting for rogues to OOM. :D

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
how to do PVP here on AL? is ther a room?? i dont see any pvp invitation when i choose a character

There is no PvP yet. It's coming soon.

asifaiab
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
i would say warrior cause they have tons of hp and lots of damage. also they have that big leap thing

Cero
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
ok, i made a rogue today so i now have 3class. from what i can see all class has a chance to own other class.

War - High HP pool, Armor, Beast MP/HP regens, Etc
Rogue - Crits, dodge, DPS, DoTs, etc
Mage - DMG, Stuns, DPS, DoTs, etc

It will all go down to the player.
"what would you do if you're Rich, got gears and vanities but sucks in pvp" - Gison

Thegrimreaper
12-03-2012, 02:10 AM
I found a good Mage combo that I'm 90% sure will work in pvp

Clock-ice-lightning-fire
NUKED SON!
glad you finally discovered that, its useful but honestly i mow mobs with my rogue, my crit on aimed has hit 1200.....dart in spike a trap run out drop bomb and start aiming....plus my crit can reach 60+% crit

primaeva
12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
glad you finally discovered that, its useful but honestly i mow mobs with my rogue, my crit on aimed has hit 1200.....dart in spike a trap run out drop bomb and start aiming....plus my crit can reach 60+% crit

To all dear rogues quoting Aimed Shot numbers, and before more of those posts come, here is some advice to jumpstart you on your PvP plan.

TLDR: Aimed Shot 1xxx isn't going to happen in PvP unless you're battling a seven year old.

How to plan a PvP fight works out doesn't involve recounting your max numbers on your stat sheet and boss runs. You have to know what other classes will do to counter that. Your PvE numbers are based on a full dex rogue with no Str items. Try tanking Jarl with that and get an idea of a 1v1 PvP fight-- the damage is just going to mow you down and potions are the only thing that keep you up.

Warriors are going to stack so much health and armor (security items) that you will be fighting to knock down their HP as they pop damage reduction cooldowns and chip away at your health, while they regen mana and HP through pet/passives. I don't think you figured on being axe-grabbed then knocked back with chest splitter and then taking a skyward smash stun.

Mages are going to be combining heavy RANGED CC with damage reduction (AND security items) and their mana restore heal, to try and outlast you while you try to maintain aimed shot crit% stacks and noxious bolt stacks on a mage that's constantly out of range of your charged AS. Have a fun time.

What's YOUR counter? Your 1200 aimed crits are on a stationary target who's happily eating your Noxious + Smoke Bomb + Aimed Shot, allowing you to rack it up.

I bet your 1200 aimed shot build doesn't include Shadow Piercer which is probably designed to be the most important spell in the rogue PvP toolkit.

Rework your thinking-- PvP in any MMO has never been about straight up burst damage because players can move around, choose when to pop cooldowns and design counters. Maybe in the first few days it'll work-- at the mid and top tiers, this naive strat just won't cut it.

primaeva
12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
P.S. No one's advertised warrior much-- but I really think they've got something going if Chest Splitter is allowed to interrupt charged skills-- shutting down a lot of options (especially for rogues).

YouAndMeAreGonnaBeFriends
12-03-2012, 12:26 PM
I dont think pets should be allowed in pvp because its kind of unfair I only have guapo for a pet and he just has movement speed and no 20+ attack or 90+ defense like loki and malison

Vystirch
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I dont think pets should be allowed in pvp because its kind of unfair I only have guapo for a pet and he just has movement speed and no 20+ attack or 90+ defense like loki and malison

Well I think you should buy a better pet then :) with gold or plat idc. Just spend some plat if you really care!

YouAndMeAreGonnaBeFriends
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I would but can't and gold is kind of hard to get to buy the eggs. And I don't really have a way to get platinum if i had money because I dont have a credit card. I think pets should be for pve only

Vystirch
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I would but can't and gold is kind of hard to get to buy the eggs. And I don't really have a way to get platinum if i had money because I dont have a credit card. I think pets should be for pve only

Well, man gold is hard to get and I am slowly acquiring it and purchasing pets.
I have 22 so far and have only used plat for the exclusive ones!

ProSophist
12-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Montanabro
12-03-2012, 01:08 PM

Is it also unfair if you only have a chest piece that grants 2 strength but your opponent has a chest pie e that grants +20 attack or 90+ defense?

primaeva
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Everything but elixirs and potions sounds fine by me.

Potions could be capped at a few per battle, lending them some strategic use and making up for some class shortfalls (rogue mana, etc).

Elixirs have effects that are too significant to ignore. There could be a separate ladder for "Enhanced PvP" but that'd be cheese imo.

Bring whatever gear or pet you want, though. Those are achievable by everyone in the long run.

Patricks
12-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Pets are another piece if equipment that needs to be acquired like armors helms or weapons. Nothing unfair about it.

vyledust
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Yeah, people that spend less time in game, and have less gold because of that, should be on the same equal footing as people that put in more time.

jayfox
12-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Butut mage got gale movespeed :)