PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Builds

vyledust
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM
See a lot about max dps builds, but would a high dodge/armor build be viable? I am already thinking ahead to pvp perhaps, but I enjoy using Esteban and sitting at 13%+ dodge, 1k hp and having nice armor while cursing the mobs. Throw the minus hit from fireball in the mix and survival goes through the roof. Maybe this is one bad pug to many talking, or my pvp mindset from other mmos.

primaeva
12-01-2012, 11:13 PM
PvE: Nope. Your DPS stat suffers if you stack Str/Dex for HP/Evasion. This just brings down speed no matter what you say. Unless someone does research on Arcane Shield and armor interaction (you could, I'd be the first to want that info), it's just better to run around with warriors and add good ones to your friendlist.

Bottom line is: the class has no taunt and thus isn't suited for tanking-- it can absorb a LOT of damage and survive indefinitely with Gale Force / Scorch / Arcane Shield / Heal, but you can't hold aggro with that crappy DPS. There aren't enough item slots to allow for a lot of customization either.

================

Definitely usable in PvP, though, and I think sorcs will come out on top here being the only ranged class with spammable CC (ice bolt --> charged fireball --> gale force --> time shift / arcane shield.)

If Spacetime doesn't implement anything of a drastic CC reduction-- goodbye every other class. :D

vyledust
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I might go this route for pvp. This is my first Legends game, and do not know what to expect for pvp. Wonder if the speed burst abilities will cause you to drop the flag.

Malerian
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
PvE: Nope. Your DPS stat suffers if you stack Str/Dex for HP/Evasion. This just brings down speed no matter what you say. Unless someone does research on Arcane Shield and armor interaction (you could, I'd be the first to want that info), it's just better to run around with warriors and add good ones to your friendlist.

Bottom line is: the class has no taunt and thus isn't suited for tanking-- it can absorb a LOT of damage and survive indefinitely with Gale Force / Scorch / Arcane Shield / Heal, but you can't hold aggro with that crappy DPS. There aren't enough item slots to allow for a lot of customization either.

================

Definitely usable in PvP, though, and I think sorcs will come out on top here being the only ranged class with spammable CC (ice bolt --> charged fireball --> gale force --> time shift / arcane shield.)

If Spacetime doesn't implement anything of a drastic CC reduction-- goodbye every other class. :D

They said the same about engineers in SL... Everyone who tried it knows how it turned out.
I say, don't try to predict how classes will do in PvP. At best, you'll be disappointed to see it's not that way (or thrilled, depending on which class you play). At worst, it might make devs who read this nerf the class' skills so much that it will be useless.

This coming from a sorcerer, of course ;)