PDA

View Full Version : Newbie sorc questions.

Lyonvastia
12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi guys im new here, currently lvl 13. Just confuse on some things and hope someone would help me

1. Which stat on equipment are you focusing on? The on that gives more int, or more hp? Im kinda confuse especially when equipping necklace and rings.

2. High dex equip should be ignored right?

3. What does the additional effect of equipments mean? Like the dark pact or the one that adds 25 int and something? How will i know if it took effect.

4. Currently my skills are, time shift (4, no dodge), fire (3 no scorch), lightning (no discharge, 4) , heal (1).. I think the damage with it is fine, what should i pit next,,

I appreciate any help thanks.

vyledust
12-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I am no expert, but I read the forums quite a bit.

1. Which stat on equipment are you focusing on? The on that gives more int, or more hp? Im kinda confuse especially when equipping necklace and rings.
I like maintaining 1k hp if possible. I am sitting at just over 1k and 184% damage now. It is debatable and there is a forum post on health a little further down on the list.

2. High dex equip should be ignored right?
Yeah, I think everyone will agree on that.

3. What does the additional effect of equipments mean? Like the dark pact or the one that adds 25 int and something? How will i know if it took effect.
Dark Pact is a heal, and the name appears when it procs.

4. Currently my skills are, time shift (4, no dodge), fire (3 no scorch), lightning (no discharge, 4) , heal (1).. I think the damage with it is fine, what should i pit next
There are a lot of post about builds on the forums, but yours is somewhat similar to what I used leveling. If mana is an issue, and you are happy with the damage for now, go with the mana extensions in the healing line.

primaeva
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM

The better geared and skilled your tank, the less HP you will need. The typical levelling person runs into bad tanks all the time and accidents happen. Sitting at 600 HP is more than enough for you to realize you're getting hit and for you to do something about it (either throw out a CC or back off / pop a potion / heal spell).

Ignore dodge. Armor is VERY useful if you stack it-- Int / Str / Armor is an awesome combo to have while levelling, it really helps you survive. (350 armor and 700 HP + rest in Int/Dmg = do whatever you want in Kraag Tombs 3, which is where you'll level. One Fireball + Time Shift will knock out most mobs.)

Yes. Crit is good, but that 10% from a pet is more than enough. (simply not worth the points)

Dark Pact is a slow heal-over-time that lasts as long as your target is alive-- which is not long in most cases, plus its a minor heal. Dark Pact is blindingly obvious because DARK PACT HELLOOOOOO! appears over the targets head-- the 25int+mana one just shows a little blue fountain aura around your character (and a buff icon on you).

The best proc is probably the 25Int and 15Mana Regen one. There's a significant damage increase as well as a handy 3% of mana that might add up to a couple of spells in the long run.

Flamestrike Proc seems to be really bad. I noticed -2s on an elite target that was the only damage that could be due to the rod. Seriously? Rather have 25int15mana on our best weapon. >:(

Your skills are fine, I ran with frost instead as lightning doesn't do significantly more till you get a crit pet (plus frost can AoE and perma-stun). Add a point to mana restoration in Heal-- the reason being-- it adds almost a full bar of mana to your rogues and warriors, meaning the party gets stuff done faster. (It also restores more mana than it costs to cast-- which is incredible for your mana cost mid-game.)

Lyonvastia
12-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks guys.. What does proc actually means?

primaeva
12-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Its short-form for programmed random occurrence-- or simply put, 'Bonus Item Effect' in most games. lol.

Lyonvastia
12-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Im lvl 14 and got 1 extra skill points... Should i put it on dot on fire, or mp on heal skills. The healing skill has 2 mana heal, which is better?

primaeva
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
MP on charged heal is great for the party. Take the one that gives you MP up front, NOT the MP over time one.

P.S. The charged MP actually recovers more mana than it costs, making it an excellent one point.

Lyonvastia
12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Thansk a lot