PDA

View Full Version : Rogue build help for a new player?

Romeo Longsword
12-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi all, I am facing some difficulty in playing a Rogue, I simply do not know the right amount of DEX, STR or INT to apply to my character, or the right skills.

I am currently level 11, having everything invested in DEX, I thought since Rogue typically can not tank like a Warrior, having high DEX would able to allow me to dogue the attacks instead, but in reality, I get killed by one hit from a boss.

In terms of skills, I am using Aim Shot which I use all the time, and Shadow Piercer.

My death is like 50 death to 600 kills, which is very poor, I would be grateful for any constructive advice.

Thanks.

mike1298
12-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Rogues aren't that great until 15/16. With the right elite gear and pet you can go full dex and still have decent health and mana. A few skills you should invest in are shadow, nox bolt, and aimed shot. The fourth skill is up to you, I prefer razor for the dodge and aoe.

All my gear has dex and strength, dex being the primary. And one piece I have has dex and int. Int for the little mana boost.

Pets I use malison and kettle. The stat boosts help a ton and they have good passive attacks, especially malison.

Good luck rogues can be hard to play at first.

Romeo Longsword
12-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Mike thank you for your reply, I feel better after reading your post.

When you say "Shadow" did you mean Shadow Piercer or Shadow Vile?

I had a look at the pet Kettle as you have mentioned, yes, that pet seems quite an obvious top of the range Rogue pet to me, I have only gotten the game and everyone seems really advance already, how hard was it to obtain the Kettle pet?

Thanks again.

mike1298
12-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Answered your pm.

Roguish
12-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Best strategy for all around good rogue, but yet leaning towards power more than survivability:
Everytime you level up you will get 6 attributes, those attributes will be put into +4 dex and the other 2 into str. That away you have some health, because the rogue is very squishy.
5/5 on aimed shot (Hardest hitting rogue spell)
4/5 on Shadow Veil (all but the combustion decay)
2/5 Combat medic (The 2nd perk is what ever you prefer, I like the +1 more pack)
4/5 on Shadow Piercer for a solid AoE (All but Rising death)
A rogue is only good at damage if you have good gear. I know it kinda stinks, but when you start racking in cash flow and buying armor; funnest class in the game.

mike1298
12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Aimed shot, shadow veil, nox and razor. Great damage and razor for aoe.

Lovee
12-06-2012, 07:06 PM
The stats you should (emphasise on should not must) have at level 16 would be pure dex for the insane damage / criticals. By then you would have saved enough money for some decent equipments that gives you STR and DEX which would cover for your puny health and further increases your damage. With so much DEX you would have a pretty high dodge rate too. Usually around 20 to 25 percent. It's going be your best friend. If you are concerned about deaths at the early part of the game you could add some STR and respec (5 platinium) later on when you get your equipments. Skills wise concentrate on Shadow Piercer, Aimed Shot and Shadow Veil. For pets, you could use those that gives you DEX, criticals and also mana regen (It's a lifesaver especially with that puny mana pool Rogues have). For example, Horton would be a very good choice. This should be about it. Remember to take my 'guide' with a pinch of salt. It's meant to be a reference for you. Have fun :3