PDA

View Full Version : Time has come, Need to re-balance

Waug
12-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Time has come to update specific algorithm/mechanics/equations that impacts pvp as well as pve. I think STS using same mechanism as it was when game was first released, back than as well as low to mid level stats mechanism (dodge, crit etc.) is/was perfectly balanced but as the game approaches to end game continusly it got imbalanced in few aspects :-

The hit % got saturated ages ago, the consequence is str players are dodging way much against everyone mid to endgame and birds are failing to do what they suppose/meant to do as a pure bird should deliver the highest damage than any other class overall, including the part where they should get less dodged due to their superb high hit percentage, for example a str Bear should dodge less against a player whose hit percentage is pretty much high, say a pure dex bird or a mage( pure mages hit % is also more than 100 at these levels) who thinks a bear is dodging high, so she could distribute her extra point to dex, so that a str could dodge less against her. The pattern should be like this, bear dodge against bear, then bear dodge less against mages and bear dodge more less against birds. to be specific, it's not about bear, bird or mages it's all about dodge and hit % But all these things have no value since hit % got capped already. This is the basic reason why dodge has overtaken everything mid to endgame, dodge is not capped yet, so dodgers are getting benefited, but the dodge killer got saturated. As dodge is also approaches to its cap, if Devs decide that they wont add more dodge on upcoming sets, which is not expected then obviously in near future they must have to balance this things if they decide not to do it now otherwise imagine the situation when a bear will dodge 10 hits out of 10 which will be pointless. Lastly it's may looks like bird oriented but its not, It would greatly impact each and every class and specially solve most of the endgame imbalance issues.

Similarly crit for mages got saturated, so their extra crit >100 is total fake, cause they already critting nearly 10 hits out of 10, if not get dodged. But the thing is that it's not so much important as hit % capping.

-thanks for reading, sorry for bad english.

Summary

I'm not talking about any additional advantage or demanding something that should be implemented in pvp rather I'm saying more like what STS forgetting/ignoring to do something, that they must have to do as level cap approaches. Nearly everyone would agree with this point that dodge has ruined the endgame pvp, I'm not saying anything different from it, rather I just pointed out the reason that why dodge got overpowered, and the reason is, dodge got overpowered cause 'dodge killer (hit %)' got saturated/capped/stucked at 100 so as new level caps comes dodge get increased as dodge killer also increased but without it's own effect, the work of killing dodges, simply the consequence is dodge is getting op and op-er as level cap approaches so sts must have to do something sooner or latter. That's all.

Energizeric
12-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Everyone keeps talking about the high dodge that bears have, but I don't see it. When I'm fully buffed I got 77% dodge. Sounds like a lot, but in PVP I get hit constantly while I'm fully buffed. Seems like most hits are still hitting me, I just tend to survive because I got close to 900 health and good armor (around 315). So it takes around 3-4 hits from a mage to kill me. But the dodge is obviously getting offset by some buff or debuff that they got. Same with birds too, they hit me most of the time when I'm buffed. I thought it was because of the high hit%. I figured if someone got 150% hit, and someone else got 50% dodge, then do the math and they hit 75%. But your'e saying that anything over 100% is useless. I can't imagine it works that way. I got 101% hit and I miss constantly, which is probably my greatest weakness in pvp.

Elyseon
12-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Actually if you notice dmg/crit the rolls have reversed
At 55 the enchanted staff set provided more dmg than custom recurve set which focused on crit more than dmg
Imo current sets have too many attributes and sts should try to keep weaknesses
For example a str set really shouldnt have more than 8 m/s and really should get a crit and dodge boost 1 or other
Int should be more dmg focuses and not have any crit perks since they already have the highest crit buff
Dex is actually very well suited this cap although people complain about the lack of dodge i really dont think it would be necesaryy especially if the needed armour buff was added to all classes/sets
Also obv the scythe is kinda ridiculous
Definately could use a reduction with almost as much power as a bow

Also as i was saying about the staff int set
Now dex have become the highest dmg because really in pvp it is the only set that can be played with 2h weapons very well

Waug
12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I got 101% hit and I miss constantly

cuz of hit debuff.

Deadbite
12-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I figured since bows have a clear disadvantage in PvP and talons are the better option. I figure lets help the bow out!!! My idea is to keep the all the stats the same but increase the bows range to 12m (skill range) and farther out! I mean it would make the bow a more pleasing option and maybe calm a few of the birds (including me) that just hate how amazingly powerful that str set is... By giving the bow birds a better chance to compete with the amazing talons.

My 2 cents about birds and dex.

Seminole
12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Everyone keeps talking about the high dodge that bears have, but I don't see it. When I'm fully buffed I got 77% dodge. Sounds like a lot, but in PVP I get hit constantly while I'm fully buffed. Seems like most hits are still hitting me, I just tend to survive because I got close to 900 health and good armor (around 315). So it takes around 3-4 hits from a mage to kill me. But the dodge is obviously getting offset by some buff or debuff that they got. Same with birds too, they hit me most of the time when I'm buffed. I thought it was because of the high hit%. I figured if someone got 150% hit, and someone else got 50% dodge, then do the math and they hit 75%. But your'e saying that anything over 100% is useless. I can't imagine it works that way. I got 101% hit and I miss constantly, which is probably my greatest weakness in pvp.

I tested this and found that birds hit the same as mages. As long as the hit percent is above 100 it makes no difference. Bears dodge is insanely high. Crit is insanely high for all classes. Time for a serious rebalance in this game. As well as a nerf to str sets.

WarTornBird
12-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't feel like sts cares about the PvP side as much as PvE. PvP doesn't bring in near the revenue that PvE does.
It sucks to say, I'd be very suprised if this was even a though put through the head. If anyone, Techno.

Elyseon
12-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't feel like sts cares about the PvP side as much as PvE. PvP doesn't bring in near the revenue that PvE does.
It sucks to say, I'd be very suprised if this was even a though put through the head. If anyone, Techno.
Cuz they dont make any new stuff that costs for pvp
The main reason people cap/play pve is for pvp tho

Enigeax
12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Boycott plat till there's a change. Actually just boycott pl all together.

Elyseon
12-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Shud maek staff maeg moar pleybul

Waug
12-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, in pve it's not that much prominent as mobs and bosses tends to have more hp and armor rather dodges.

Elyseon
12-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I thino most mobs in bsm have around 20 dodge
The wierd mage thing seem to have a bit more maybe 30

Vilified
12-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Boycott plat till there's a change. Actually just boycott pl all together.

Yah I already quit buying plat sts is obviously focusing more on money than making the game better you can claim its the costs of running the game or whatever but we know your making more money than you should you started out appearing to be a great company from my understanding but that was just to get started and now that you've got a decent following your raising costs of everything and releasing updates that make bank instead of ones that fix the game off the top of my head I can think of atleast 10 easy fixes and additions you need but have neglected to follow through on but this post is already to log and probably won't be read anyway so I'm not gonna waste time listing them

You might be making a lot of money now but once you destroy your customer base there's no fixing it, think in terms of the long run and fix your game...... Wow didn't get where it is pulling this crap neither will you

Waug
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
this post is already to log and probably won't be read anyway

they read or not, they must have to fix this sooner or latter, I just pointed out the biggest culprit behind mid to endgame pvp imbalance.

FluffNStuff
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I have found the key to survival on my swift bow bird is to respect to strength. The set/gear has so much damage/crit/hit/dex that it is over saturated so I capped my dex at 157 ( gear) and put the rest into strength. This gives me a 'self bonus' of 3 dodge, 2 h/s, 110 health and 5 armor. Not a lot, but it has a much better feel to it in PVE.

Gaunab
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
The hit % got saturated ages ago, the consequence is str players are dodging way much against everyone mid to endgame and birds are failing to do what they suppose/meant to do as a pure bird should deliver the highest damage than any other class overall, including the part where they should get less dodged due to their superb high hit percentage

You got a lot of things wrong in this single sentence...

First of all, hit% is not above 100 for every class in mid to endgame. Many Strbears and Pallies are well below. Other Str- or Intbuilds are just above 100 and it's stll important when birds and mages can debuff 35 and bears 60+ hit%. The only class that is really saturated are pure birds (with 160+%).
And what are you even referring to by "mid to endgame"?? up to lv65 classes are pretty balanced IMO (I have multiple toons of diffrent classes for every twinking bracket from lv50 upwards). So I'm gonna talk about 65+ mainly.
Also, how are the dodges a consequence of having hit% above 100?? The dodging is a consequence of the ridiculously high dodge itself. :stupid:
And pure birds with a bow still have the highest damage output of any class at almost any level. They also have roots debuffing 70(!!!) dodge altogether so they tend to get dodged less if they have a good combo.
The only place where hit has actually become somewhat of a problem is on int mages (140+ I think) who can still kill birds and other mages with a fire+auto(or any dmg skill) even after being debuffed. For str it's just above 100% which is the way it should be IMO.

I hope I don't come off too rude but I think you are missing the real problem of high lvl PvP, which is the high dodge and damage.

Either damage and crit(on int and str sets mainly) needs to be reduced drastically, or we need more hp/armor for EVERY class. Or something in between.
Independently the dodge on str sets has to be lowered. 45 base dodge is too much, around 30 would be okay. Mages shouldn't rely on dodge need dodge anyways with their heal and shield, I'm glad it has been lowered this cap (should be around 10. if even). Birds dodge slightly too much and shouldn't get above 50 buffed IMO.
Dodge is a completely luck based stat and in combination with the uber high dmg in endgame PvP actual skill becomes less and less important. Very frustrating to see as a once committed Dexbird player.

So I agree 100% with the title; PvP needs a major revamp! :worked_till_5am:

Energizeric
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Yah I already quit buying plat sts is obviously focusing more on money than making the game better you can claim its the costs of running the game or whatever but we know your making more money than you should you started out appearing to be a great company from my understanding but that was just to get started and now that you've got a decent following your raising costs of everything and releasing updates that make bank instead of ones that fix the game off the top of my head I can think of atleast 10 easy fixes and additions you need but have neglected to follow through on but this post is already to log and probably won't be read anyway so I'm not gonna waste time listing them

You might be making a lot of money now but once you destroy your customer base there's no fixing it, think in terms of the long run and fix your game...... Wow didn't get where it is pulling this crap neither will you

How do you know they are making more money than they should? Maybe for the first 2 years they lost money every month. That is how it is with most startups. They lose money at the beginning and only survive because they had the initial investment. But after a couple of years they must become profitable or they won't survive. Unless you've seen their financial books, you don't know this.

Yes, lots of companies start by charging low prices for their services, and then raise the price later one. Usually it's because they must do so in order to become profitable.

angeldawn
12-03-2012, 02:39 PM

I have to disagree about plat usage for pvp players.

Many pvpers are the first to cap and first with sets then first with crafted sets. All of that takes plat!! Plat to grind. Plat to farm plat then farm again and craft. Many aren't just using thrashers to farm either, but trashers with 100% reroll.

D-:
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
They are working on AL Pvp I think. Once they are done with that, they probably will do something with PL.

MightyMicah
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM

No offense but I don't think you quite know what you're talking about. Studies have shown that the gamers that spend the most and do the most to support the game are the active pvpers.

I suppose it's true that because there are so many more pve players than pvp, it's possible that the overall revenue generated from Pve could surpass that of pvp. However, sts' goal should not be to ignore pvp. Their goal will be to convert as many pve players to pvp players as they can. That way, according to the statistics, they will be making even more money.

Personally, I think sts is waiting to see if PL will stay popular as they release new titles. If it doesn't, then there is no need for them to waste time and money improving a game. If it does, and they still see good chance to make good money, then I am 100% positive that PL pvp WILL get balanced again.

I'm not so sure, though, that PL is popular enough to mess with.

Waug
12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
You got a lot of things wrong in this single sentence...

First of all, hit% is not above 100 for every class in mid to endgame. Many Strbears and Pallies are well below. Other Str- or Intbuilds are just above 100 and it's stll important when birds and mages can debuff 35 and bears 60+ hit%. The only class that is really saturated are pure birds (with 160+%).
And what are you even referring to by "mid to endgame"?? up to lv65 classes are pretty balanced IMO (I have multiple toons of diffrent classes for every twinking bracket from lv50 upwards). So I'm gonna talk about 65+ mainly.
Also,
And pure birds with a bow still have the highest damage output of any class at almost any level. They also have roots debuffing 70(!!!) dodge altogether so they tend to get dodged less if they have a good combo.
The only place where hit has actually become somewhat of a problem is on int mages (140+ I think) who can still kill birds and other mages with a fire+auto(or any dmg skill) even after being debuffed. For str it's just above 100% which is the way it should be IMO.

sorry to say, you distorted few points.

It's obvious that, anyone could have less than 100 hit% thats not the point, he will get dodged like hell and specially after hit debuff that's what it meant to be.

If extra hit % is only for a purpose if get debuffed, then good luck with 100+ extra fake hit % pure birds carries or will carry in upcoming caps. Its like you have a high power weapon, but you cant use it you can only use it only when you existing low power weapon will be useless for few moments. Not for birds for any decent non Str class, said before but got distorted so put "decent non str" before :p

now here's a point, you contradicted yourself, first off you said, birds deliver highest dmg, then said mages are killing with just fire+auto or something, well done. Let me clear my points again, I said, including the part where birds should get less dodge due to their high hit, consider a situation where a low level dex and a low level int/mixed/str attacking two different but same stats dodgy oppenets, also assume that their overall damage is same but due to the fact that, the opponent is dodging less against the dex, the dex should deliver much more damage overall, That is what I meant, but the same thing happens after all get hit capped, the scenario will be totally different.

how are the dodges a consequence of having hit% above 100?? The dodging is a consequence of the ridiculously high dodge itself
well by saying this, you're clearly indicating that there's no relation between dodge and hit %. My everything said above depends on There's a certain relation, equation of dodge and opponent's hit% where any other variable, constant number or any other random number may be included anyhow, in which equation, dodge is being calculated.

WarTornBird
12-04-2012, 04:52 AM

No offense but I don't think you quite know what you're talking about. Studies have shown that the gamers that spend the most and do the most to support the game are the active pvpers.

I suppose it's true that because there are so many more pve players than pvp, it's possible that the overall revenue generated from Pve could surpass that of pvp. However, sts' goal should not be to ignore pvp. Their goal will be to convert as many pve players to pvp players as they can. That way, according to the statistics, they will be making even more money.

Personally, I think sts is waiting to see if PL will stay popular as they release new titles. If it doesn't, then there is no need for them to waste time and money improving a game. If it does, and they still see good chance to make good money, then I am 100% positive that PL pvp WILL get balanced again.

I'm not so sure, though, that PL is popular enough to mess with.

You failed to see my stand point. Ely seen it they spend all the money and plat working to level in the new dungeons. Yes most players who spend uber plat are pvpers. But I can almost be sure that someone who PvE's is going to spend a whole lot plat than someone who levels to cap and straight PvPs. Idk I could be wrong. But you could have said it in a different way. Not you have no clue what your talking about.

Gaunab
12-04-2012, 06:59 AM
sorry to say, you distorted few points.

It's obvious that, anyone could have less than 100 hit% thats not the point, he will get dodged like hell and specially after hit debuff that's what it meant to be.

If extra hit % is only for a purpose if get debuffed, then good luck with 100+ extra fake hit % pure birds carries or will carry in upcoming caps. Its like you have a high power weapon, but you cant use it you can only use it only when you existing low power weapon will be useless for few moments. Not for birds for any decent non Str class, said before but got distorted so put "decent non str" before :p

now here's a point, you contradicted yourself, first off you said, birds deliver highest dmg, then said mages are killing with just fire+auto or something, well done. Let me clear my points again, I said, including the part where birds should get less dodge due to their high hit, consider a situation where a low level dex and a low level int/mixed/str attacking two different but same stats dodgy oppenets, also assume that their overall damage is same but due to the fact that, the opponent is dodging less against the dex, the dex should deliver much more damage overall, That is what I meant, but the same thing happens after all get hit capped, the scenario will be totally different.

well by saying this, you're clearly indicating that there's no relation between dodge and hit %. My everything said above depends on There's a certain relation, equation of dodge and opponent's hit% where any other variable, constant number or any other random number may be included anyhow, in which equation, dodge is being calculated.

Just to get that straight: You are making a suggestion on how to rebalance "mid to endgame PvP" (still got no clue which levels u are talking about). You think it would be good if a high hit percentage would make you to get dodged less often. I get it. But I don't think that is what PvP really needs.

I didn't contradict myself, eventho bowbirds are very squishy (dying within 2 crits just like unshielded intmages) they still do the most damage. If they land their roots they can easily kill str chars in one combo, even groups of them with thornwall and cruel blast. They should not get an additional advantage from having a high hit percentage. They don't need that.

Dodge should be lowered for every class, strclasses as well as birds have too much dodge IMO. Dodging takes no skill. They should dodge less against everyone, not just against classes with high hit%. Alongside with that either the damage needs to be reduced or the armor/health pool needs to get bumped up, so the fight won't be over after two skills and combos would finally make sense again. Those are stats that are not luck dependent.

Being skilled should pay off again, not being lucky.

Elyseon
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Dodge should be lowered for every class, strclasses as well as birds have too much dodge IMO. Dodging takes no skill. They should dodge less against everyone, not just against classes with high hit%. Alongside with that either the damage needs to be reduced or the armor/health pool needs to get bumped up, so the fight won't be over after two skills and combos would finally make sense again. Those are stats that are not luck dependent.

Being skilled should pay off again, not being lucky.
This
IMO dodge should cap at around 1/3
(33%)
Idk y STS can't see this the crafted sets of the most balanced cap added no dodge except for minimal amounts as part of a set bonus
Now they just load it on
I guess it is nice for pve
But it's kinda ridiculous dodging full nukes from mages as a dex bear
100% luck lol

Waug
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
You think it would be good if a high hit percentage would make you to get dodged less often. I get it. But I don't think that is what PvP really needs.... They should not get an additional advantage from having a high hit percentage. They don't need that.

To be very honest, you totally missed the point what I tried to say in this whole thread and each and every post, perhaps my fault I could not elaborate or you didn't read properly. Let me try again :

I'm not talking about any additional advantage or demanding something that should be implemented in pvp rather I'm saying more like what STS forgetting/ignoring to do something, that they must have to do as level cap approaches. As you also said, and nearly everyone would agree with this point that dodge has ruined the endgame pvp, I'm not saying anything different from it, rather I just pointed out the reason that why dodge got overpowered, and the reason is, dodge got overpowered cause 'dodge killer (hit %)' got saturated/capped/stucked at 100 so as new level caps comes dodge get increased as dodge killer also increased but without it's own effect, the work of killing dodges, simply the consequence is dodge is getting op and op-er as level cap approaches so sts must have to do something sooner or latter. That's all.

GELLIO77
12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
My opinion, every level you go up you should gain, i dunnoo say 10 or 15 health and mana. and the 5 stats you get from lvling should be an extra on top of that

Chopper
12-04-2012, 01:54 PM
My opinion, every level you go up you should gain, i dunnoo say 10 or 15 health and mana. and the 5 stats you get from lvling should be an extra on top of that

exactly. Basic primary stats. This will let players actually live longer and enjoy the game and PvP more. By doing so, luck will have less of an effect too.

FluffNStuff
12-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Gotta agree with this. Was looking at a Techno Post and the most armor can block is around 75%. Found the mobs in BSM are doing ~400, because no matter how much armor I wear * 3X, I can't get the damage below 85 points. Doesn't seem like a lot, but when you only have 500 health, mobs having a minimum damage of 85 (which can and does crit) adds up pretty quick when there are a bunch of em. Armor is useless, so only defenses are dodge, more health and killing faster.

Waug
12-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Ah.

Rot
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
70%+ Dodge is a bit too high, to be honest. I'm talking about PvP.
But, there's no fun being unable to dodge, stuck in a Mace/Sword and getting kited by pure Dex birds. Once birds buff their Dodge, it's quite hard to pull them with Beckon. When Str bears don't dodge, they'll just get stuck in the bird's double root the whole match without hurting the bird the slightest bit. Is this fair? In my opinion, no.
Pure Dex birds can hit 200+ easily when they buff their Crit. If bears don't dodge, they'll be KO-ed in five or six hits at most. Repulse shot to kite their Beckon or Hellscream, double Root, Blind, Blast, poof, bear dead. I know it benefits you if the bears' Dodge is nerfed, but it doesn't sound right to me.
There's another way of solving this problem. Lower the Dodge, higher the Hp regen/armor. But I'm pretty sure once the Hp regen/Armor were raised, people will start making threads, complaining.

Techno Email
12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I appreciate you guys sharing your feedback on end-game balance. I am reading your feedback, and I hope you guys saw my posts about updates to balance tuning, and the process that must be taken to improve balance. :)

All of the feedback you guys posted here is super helpful. I mentioned in one of my posts that the process of improving balance involves making small changes, then reacting to your feedback on those changes, and making another small change. The best analogy for this reasoning is target practice: I have a target - let's say it's an apple. I shoot for the target, I miss, then I shoot again at the same target, and hopefully I hit the apple or at least get a little closer.

In reality my target was not an apple, it was to improve the efficacy of the Underworld Dex gear. So, I redid the point allocation for the crafted Underworld Dex set. It still wasn't cool, so I changed it again. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77525-2012-11-30-Content-Update-(109068) In order for my process to be effective, I'm need to have to stay focused and ask, "Did that help?" If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did it hurt?" If no, it also stays.

After the Dex gear change, I decided to address another facet of the problem you guys are discussing here which affects the largest portion of our player base (how democratic of me). Everyone plays PVE, and the Enchantress and Archer fall down too much in PVE! To address this I lowered the health and mana regen debuffs, and elite NPC damage output in PVE (part of that same update). Again, trying to stay focused I have to ask, did that help? If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did that help?" If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did it hurt?" If no, it also stays. :)

Obviously the latter change doesn't affect PVP. So what next? Well, using my target practice example, how would the process of balance change if the target itself changed? Say, instead of shooting at an apple, maybe now I'm shooting at a pineapple, balanced on top of an apple... :semi-twins: Are you wondering what the heck I'm talking about? If so, check out SamHayne's latest post about the forum insiders section. You have to be logged and a registered forum member to see and use this section. :bi_polo:

Needless to say, Winterfest is coming, and change is in the wind. Check out the forum insider stuff, and as always, keep the feedback coming. I am listening and reading, and PVP is important to us. In fact, we rely on your feedback for PVP, because what we see when we test internally is very different once we make it Live and you guys get your hands on it. :)

FluffNStuff
12-06-2012, 02:25 PM
In reality my target was not an apple, it was to improve the efficacy of the Underworld Dex gear. So, I redid the point allocation for the crafted Underworld Dex set. It still wasn't cool, so I changed it again. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77525-2012-11-30-Content-Update-(109068) In order for my process to be effective, I'm need to have to stay focused and ask, "Did that help?" If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did it hurt?" If no, it also stays.

After the Dex gear change, I decided to address another facet of the problem you guys are discussing here which affects the largest portion of our player base (how democratic of me). Everyone plays PVE, and the Enchantress and Archer fall down too much in PVE! To address this I lowered the health and mana regen debuffs, and elite NPC damage output in PVE (part of that same update). Again, trying to stay focused I have to ask, did that help? If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did that help?" If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did it hurt?" If no, it also stays. :)

Thanks for the update!
For the dex changes, I am gonna go ahead an say it is in the noise. Those stats are quite high so a shuffle that small really doesn't change the way the arrow is flying ;) The lowered damage on enemies helps some, but what birdies really need is either some dodge, or a raise to the 75% armor cap. I started paying attention to that number and realized that mobs can crit on top of it, meaning in reality we can be taking 50% damage no matter what the armor, and that number is getting really high. With only 500 health, that forced damage is taking its toll quick, and without some dodge to give a chance to chug some pots we are sitting ducks, not flying eagles :(

Techno Email
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the update!
For the dex changes, I am gonna go ahead an say it is in the noise. Those stats are quite high so a shuffle that small really doesn't change the way the arrow is flying ;) The lowered damage on enemies helps some, but what birdies really need is either some dodge, or a raise to the 75% armor cap. I started paying attention to that number and realized that mobs can crit on top of it, meaning in reality we can be taking 50% damage no matter what the armor, and that number is getting really high. With only 500 health, that forced damage is taking its toll quick, and without some dodge to give a chance to chug some pots we are sitting ducks, not flying eagles :(

I think I'll be moving some of the armor over into health, increasing dodge, and (slightly) increasing health regen on the crafted and uncrafted legendary enchantress and archer Underworld tanking itemset bonuses.

Wow - that's a mouthful, but you guys know what I mean. ;)

azefekie
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I made a thread about this already, only problem is one set is taking over all sets (str) making the game boring. can't go in one PvP room without seeing some new player in OP str gear, even the older players are using str now. Most don't want to be pally (str mage) but pure int is useless against all the dodge if you can't land a hit. Bears need to keep their dodge, they can't stand back and hit you like a mage and bird they have to be close to you to fight.

azefekie
12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
problem is if you keep adding dodge to birds its all good for PVE but they take that dodge back to pvp and can't be hit they dont need more dodge.
Thanks for the update!

FluffNStuff
12-06-2012, 05:53 PM
problem is if you keep adding dodge to birds its all good for PVE but they take that dodge back to pvp and can't be hit they dont need more dodge.

So instead of birds getting some dodge on their own gear, you would prefer this:

I made a thread about this already, only problem is one set is taking over all sets (str) making the game boring. can't go in one PvP room without seeing some new player in OP str gear, even the older players are using str now. Most don't want to be pally (str mage) but pure int is useless against all the dodge if you can't land a hit. Bears need to keep their dodge, they can't stand back and hit you like a mage and bird they have to be close to you to fight.

razerfingers
12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I figured since bows have a clear disadvantage in PvP and talons are the better option. I figure lets help the bow out!!! My idea is to keep the all the stats the same but increase the bows range to 12m (skill range) and farther out! I mean it would make the bow a more pleasing option and maybe calm a few of the birds (including me) that just hate how amazingly powerful that str set is... By giving the bow birds a better chance to compete with the amazing talons.

theres no disadvantage with bows in pvp i can drop a full dex talon user by kiting. repulse run comeback root blast they dead :P and i have l73 flying hel angelic armor and l75 flying bow. i have fun but talon bird if they're good they two shot me with skills lol getting 400+ crit in one shot

azefekie
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Nope i didn't explain everything here, like i said i already made a thread a while back for this. it had more explanations from people and thoughts, and yes i believe birds don't need more dodge just some hp and armor. what's with you players that want a dodge based game? to show no skill? just sit back dodge and kill...sounds like an exciting game to me (sarcasm). this is one reason AL has become so popular, class specific gear, not one set taking over.
So instead of birds getting some dodge on their own gear, you would prefer this:

Waug
12-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Nope i didn't explain everything here, like i said i already made a thread a while back for this. it had more explanations from people and thoughts

If you've noticed, the topic is entirely different, though, they somehow coincides at a point, endgame pvp balance.

azefekie
12-07-2012, 01:05 AM
*claps*
If you've noticed, the topic is entirely different, though, they somehow coincides at a point, endgame pvp balance.

Rot
12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
It must be tough, thinking about what to nerf and what to fix. T'was a tough apple wasn't it Techno. :D

MightyMicah
12-07-2012, 03:08 PM
You failed to see my stand point. Ely seen it they spend all the money and plat working to level in the new dungeons. Yes most players who spend uber plat are pvpers. But I can almost be sure that someone who PvE's is going to spend a whole lot plat than someone who levels to cap and straight PvPs. Idk I could be wrong. But you could have said it in a different way. Not you have no clue what your talking about.

Once again, no offense but yes, you are wrong. PvP players spend more plat overall than PvE players. Don't think that because PvE players only do PvE, they will spend more because more plat is required in PvE. Most PvP players I've met have done way more PvE than PvE players. The reason for this is simply because PvP players are more dedicated to the game. They make twinks. They make several classes at end game so they don't get the short end of the stick in pvp (when the classes are not balanced)

PvP players spend more. Not PvE players.

Honney
01-25-2013, 04:08 PM

your kidding right

XghostzX
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Just thought I'd chime in (haven't read every post), but any hit percent over 100 is obsolete. The only legit reason to have a hit percent over 100 is if you get debuffed... nonetheless, dodge always kills me.

Gaunab
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Just thought I'd chime in (haven't read every post), but any hit percent over 100 is obsolete. The only legit reason to have a hit percent over 100 is if you get debuffed... nonetheless, dodge always kills me.

If intmages only had 100 hit (and not 150+) they would literally hit nothing. lv9 hellscream and blind both debuff 60% at 12m range stomp another 30%. As i stated somewhere else, I think mages should have around 100-120 hit and the debuffs should do no more then -30. otherwise any fight vs str is just about hitting blind/hellscream first.

XghostzX
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
If intmages only had 100 hit (and not 150+) they would literally hit nothing. lv9 hellscream and blind both debuff 60% at 12m range stomp another 30%. As i stated somewhere else, I think mages should have around 100-120 hit and the debuffs should do no more then -30. otherwise any fight vs str is just about hitting blind/hellscream first.

Oh for sure, I totally agree with you. I think it's just dumb having so much hit% when those numbers above 100% (non including debuff skills) don't matter.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
It does matter, bears that have 120 hit still miss alot even without being debuffed. Just because you have 100% hit doesn't mean you won't miss. That's what I never got.