PDA

View Full Version : New player with a question or two!

Tuik
12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to the game, just started playing two days ago and I'm REALLY enjoying the game on my Nexus 7. However, I have some questions I'd like answered/clarified.

Firstly, how much gold am I supposed to be getting? It seems everything is very expensive(items for 10k+ gold, guild for 50k gold?) and I barely get enough to feed my pet. The most I've had so far(level 15 rogue) is 4800 gold and now I'm down to like 3k again. Just not getting any more of it and I've done most of the quests already. Is there any way other than spending cash to get gold? I understand platinum is almost completely cash-only but does this also apply to gold?

Secondly...I think my rogue's skills and stats are a little messed up and I guess I'd like to re-roll the character. Is there any way I can save my gold/equipment to use it on the remade character? That is, without having to buy platinum to increase my stash capacity.

Oh yeah, one more. Are all players on the same server, or are iOs/Android/Chrome players on different ones?

Deathpunch
12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to the game, just started playing two days ago and I'm REALLY enjoying the game on my Nexus 7. However, I have some questions I'd like answered/clarified.

Firstly, how much gold am I supposed to be getting? It seems everything is very expensive(items for 10k+ gold, guild for 50k gold?) and I barely get enough to feed my pet. The most I've had so far(level 15 rogue) is 4800 gold and now I'm down to like 3k again. Just not getting any more of it and I've done most of the quests already. Is there any way other than spending cash to get gold? I understand platinum is almost completely cash-only but does this also apply to gold?

Secondly...I think my rogue's skills and stats are a little messed up and I guess I'd like to re-roll the character. Is there any way I can save my gold/equipment to use it on the remade character? That is, without having to buy platinum to increase my stash capacity.

1. Farm for pinks and eggs. Sell in auction. Other than that, not really.

2. If you spend the 5 plat to respec you don't even have to unequip your gear. However, if you remake by deleting and only have the one character you will lose all of you gear and gold, I believe. I've never tried it, the stash may save it for you.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

iRusher
12-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Wrong section

Energizeric
12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Here's what I would do:

1) make a new character.

2) put as many items from the old character in the stash as fits.

3) sign on with new character and empty stash

4) repeat process until all items are transferred

5) delete old character

Jed
12-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Everybody plays on the same server. That's what makes STS so cool; they're the first to bridge everybody in an mmo. (or so I've heard)

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Here's what I would do:

1) make a new character.

2) put as many items from the old character in the stash as fits.

3) sign on with new character and empty stash

4) repeat process until all items are transferred

5) delete old character

Why delete a character just because its skills are not right? It costs 3 platinum to respec, or about 20 cents in real life dollars. Isn't 20 cents worth the hours of time you've spent leveling up your character?

Tuik
12-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the answers! One more question; I downloaded the game on my iphone too but I can't seem to access my character. Why is that? I thought I could play on two different devices using the same account but I only get the option of creating a new character :(

Royce
12-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Why delete a character just because its skills are not right? It costs 3 platinum to respec, or about 20 cents in real life dollars. Isn't 20 cents worth the hours of time you've spent leveling up your character?
Plus it costs a lot more to open a second character slot, so unless you're planning on doing that anyway, it makes much more sense to respec.

Thanks for the answers! One more question; I downloaded the game on my iphone too but I can't seem to access my character. Why is that? I thought I could play on two different devices using the same account but I only get the option of creating a new character :(
You need to log into the game using the same STS account you used on your other device. Your character should then be there.

Rare
12-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Wrong section

Tough crowd

Azedrab
12-03-2012, 07:38 AM
If you don't wish to purchase money there are several ways to make it:

1. Get lucky: find a great pink drop which sells high. Check the auction for value, and try to undercut by a little (not too much)

2. Learn how to play the CS (consignment shop i.e. auction house). It helps if you have 10-20k before you start doing this. You have to get a feel for the average/saleable prices of certain things then buy low sell high.

I've made about 350k net (so even after buying a couple of 100k worth of stuff for myself) and have items sitting in my inventory worth a 200k (or so) ready to be sold.

The first 150k was pretty much completely from watching auctions and took me less than a week if I remember right. You do have to be fairly patient though.

Einzo
12-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Ooh.. Thanks for the tips Azedrab!

primaeva
12-03-2012, 09:13 AM
If you don't wish to purchase money there are several ways to make it:

1. Get lucky: find a great pink drop which sells high. Check the auction for value, and try to undercut by a little (not too much)

2. Learn how to play the CS (consignment shop i.e. auction house). It helps if you have 10-20k before you start doing this. You have to get a feel for the average/saleable prices of certain things then buy low sell high.

I've made about 350k net (so even after buying a couple of 100k worth of stuff for myself) and have items sitting in my inventory worth a 200k (or so) ready to be sold.

The first 150k was pretty much completely from watching auctions and took me less than a week if I remember right. You do have to be fairly patient though.

^Bump: This. Auction House watching is free gold once you get the capital. I started with Golden Chest capital to get me about 15k-- from then on it built slowly to 30k, then my first 100k-- and that affords you more and more gear to get into good elite runs. From here on you can either continue to watch the AH and buy pricier items-- which is riskier and not so great with the auction house cut-- or just sell your pinks and get more gold than you ever need.

Tuik
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh, damn :( and I was happy I got a pet egg that sold for 2500g. You guys make everything sound so easy :D

Deathpunch
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh, damn :( and I was happy I got a pet egg that sold for 2500g. You guys make everything sound so easy :D

You got to start somewhere. :)

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.