PDA

View Full Version : What causes lag and slow frames per second?

razerfingers
12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
So ive been having an issue with this for quite a while and ive done just about everything to fix it except get closer to wifi but thats maybe a factor? I have um put a bigger SD card in my phone because i had an 8gig before but thought my phone didnt have enough memory to run PL and SL so i upgraded to 16 gig i have about 5 gigs free and it still has this issue. Could it be something else? If anyone knows and knows how to fix it id like to know xD thanks in advance.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Noodleleg
12-03-2012, 04:37 PM
A slow computer or device usually means low Random Access Memory (RAM). If this is really bugging you, upgrade to a device with more RAM. Tablets and computers usually have much more RAM than iPods, phones, etc. This is why many good PvP-ers are ones that use tablets. Good luck :D!

Edit:
There is no need to insert an SD card in your phone. All that does is let you carry around (ROM) and store permanent files etc. SD cards usually are for people who want to keep a lot of pictures in their devices. I'm not sure if you can buy RAM. My best advice is to upgrade to a better or newer version :D!

razerfingers
12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Ahh, i see. Its only a year old and has 1.1gigs of ram. But i have 707MB free. What takes up all the rest of the ram?

Noodleleg
12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Any apps you haven't forced closed, GPS, etc. Anything that you think would require your phone to work ;)!

razerfingers
12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Ive noticed it only is like this in pve and pvp in SL amd PL other less populated games are fine. I may have to go into settings and click the check box that doesnt allow background running apps?

Edit: i did so. Ping is in green until boss fights. But then again thats in other room. The fps is still laggy so its not connection its ram, you are indeed a smart noodle :) might look into a nexus 7 or something to play pvp on PL and such until then ill just do pve xP

j0rdantran
12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Are u using an iphone?

razerfingers
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Are u using an iphone?

Nope, HTC Evo 3D

Noodleleg
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Good to hear it's working! Sometimes restarting devices will make it even faster ;)!!!

razerfingers
12-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Good to hear it's working! Sometimes restarting devices will make it even faster ;)!!!

When looking at running processes that take up the ram i noticed some stuff i dont use. So i tried stoping the maps. But it always comes back lol. But other than that it may um. Do better but from that screen it looks like phone only has 800mb+ of ram amd its using 392 and thats via htc sense and touch input. Do you think downloading a launcher of some sort other than htc sense may free up some ram? Ill just try it to see.

Noodleleg
12-03-2012, 07:47 PM
When looking at running processes that take up the ram i noticed some stuff i dont use. So i tried stoping the maps. But it always comes back lol. But other than that it may um. Do better but from that screen it looks like phone only has 800mb+ of ram amd its using 392 and thats via htc sense and touch input. Do you think downloading a launcher of some sort other than htc sense may free up some ram? Ill just try it to see.

Downloading... A launcher o_o? Never heard :O! However, if you try to force close something and it re-opens, don't force close it haha! Maps... Should close o_O? Maybe try to turn off GPS sometimes and re-open it when you need it. Other than that, that's the best you can do with that phone :(! iPad has 1gb RAM which is like only 25% more? Recheck all the apps running and remember, restart sometimes haha! Phones need a break sometimes! Many of my friends just turn off screen which stressed out the poor smart phones D:! Good luck with the launcher thing, by the way :O!

razerfingers
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Downloading... A launcher o_o? Never heard :O! However, if you try to force close something and it re-opens, don't force close it haha! Maps... Should close o_O? Maybe try to turn off GPS sometimes and re-open it when you need it. Other than that, that's the best you can do with that phone :(! iPad has 1gb RAM which is like only 25% more? Recheck all the apps running and remember, restart sometimes haha! Phones need a break sometimes! Many of my friends just turn off screen which stressed out the poor smart phones D:! Good luck with the launcher thing, by the way :O!

it may work, dont know lol. and true. i restart it about once every two weeks and factory reset sometimes because i have everything backed up already lol so we shall see! and thats kinda weird, maybe i burnt out something in the phone? haha i use it for PL email facebook texting and music, thats about all i do lol

saool
12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I had an Evo 3D the only thing I did to help with that problem was clearing all cached files, and or restarting the phone. I upgraded to the LG Optimus G, and I love it XD

razerfingers
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
That phone looks pretty dope xD haha

Deathpunch
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Long press home button and swipe off all of the stuff that shows up. That will free up some ram. If you are on ICS, Nova launcher is awesome. It's what I'm using right now.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

razerfingers
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Android 4.0 is ICS right? Lol ill have to check it out xD

Deathpunch
12-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Android 4.0 is ICS right? Lol ill have to check it out xD

Yes

-----

razerfingers
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes

-----

Okay cool! And $4 gonna haz to get moar moniez and try free version firsr xP

Deathpunch
12-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Okay cool! And $4 gonna haz to get moar moniez and try free version firsr xP

Yeah, there's a free version. I got lucky and picked up the unlock key for a quarter when Google had a sale. A good and totally free one would be adw. At least it was free last time I used it.

-----

Deathpunch
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Shoot. Edit fail...

-----

razerfingers
12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Ill check out adw, i kinda like the nova eventhough atm im using free version. The go launcher is too i dont know how to explain it just dont like it lol but ill deffinetly check out adw. It seems nova is smoother than HTC sense 3 lol
Edit: so adw launcher is free but there is adw launcher ex. It looks cool so far im going to check it out before i spend $3 i have $3 just not $4 for nova lol. And it also appears to be more custom than nova.