PDA

View Full Version : Pets for a Soceror.

Abe17
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
What is the best pets a soceror could get?

Astrocat
12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
The best pet a Sorcerer** could get would be Malison or these sort of magic bambini. I guess?

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
What is the best pets a soceror could get?

There is no "best" pet. I'm drafting a Sorcerer guide but will give you a draft of what I have so far regarding pets. I choose Flap Jack for a number of reasons. The mana and health regeneration (+8 each) is the best in the game, plus he provides a flat 15% boost to damage--not bad. I particularly like FP's attacks: his arcane attack and passive attack provide a nice AoE stun and AoE 10% armor reduction or AoE reduction in chance to hit. If you are willing to burn through a few more potions and want to sacrifice some survivability for some damage, Colton (+30 INT, +10% damage, +5 mana regen) is a solid choice who will give you a bit more DPS than Flap Jack.

primaeva
12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I've been spamming how underrated Aspen is for almost any class, in that he's one of the best pets to bring to bossing (for a party of 3 and above.)

Happiness: 10INT 10% Crit and 3 Health Regen -> very decent for Sorc.
Arcane: 15% damage for 4 seconds for all party members -> THIS.
Passive: A single-target knockdown (stun) with high damage and 10% armor reduction (100% of the time). -> Another party buff.

One thing about Ribbit: If someone else stands on top of your frog, HE gets the crit bonus, not you. Ribbit being a ranged pet can be a pain to position for your use during bossing, so it really isn't as splendid a pet as it is in theory.

McBain
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Malison is pretty overrated, I think, at least right now. All those stat boosts seem impressive, but at this point in the game it's completely unnecessary. I find he makes very little difference. I much prefer Flap Jack, for any class. That regen is clutch, and his abilities are useful for any situation.

gundamsone
12-03-2012, 01:09 AM
I've been spamming how underrated Aspen is for almost any class, in that he's one of the best pets to bring to bossing (for a party of 3 and above.)

Happiness: 10INT 10% Crit and 3 Health Regen -> very decent for Sorc.
Arcane: 15% damage for 4 seconds for all party members -> THIS.
Passive: A single-target knockdown (stun) with high damage and 10% armor reduction (100% of the time). -> Another party buff.

One thing about Ribbit: If someone else stands on top of your frog, HE gets the crit bonus, not you. Ribbit being a ranged pet can be a pain to position for your use during bossing, so it really isn't as splendid a pet as it is in theory.
Indeed Aspen is a great pet but have you noticed how small the range is for the special attack? Half the time I fail to buff myself because it requires you to be at such a close range.

For me i'd rank Colten as the best pet for mages followed by, coco & blight, then ribbit/horton/aspen/esteban

flashbackflip
12-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I use Flap Jack due to fast mana/health regen and I feel safer with him than with Malison. Also I use much less pots

Aoe of Flap is very useful when doing solo runs and besides pure aoe his passive (!) skill stuns and decreases chance to hit up to 3 mobs