PDA

View Full Version : Elite Items L15 and L16???

Traebeles99
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey guys so i have been wondering when the cap raises will these elite items be dc'd? Because I am trying to sell my seekers but I thought about it and I'm like if their going to be dc'd I might as well and save it and get 500k instead of 50k? I would love to have a dev/devs words on this plz. Cmment on wat think will happen.

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey guys so i have been wondering when the cap raises will these elite items be dc'd? Because I am trying to sell my seekers but I thought about it and I'm like if their going to be dc'd I might as well and save it and get 500k instead of 50k? I would love to have a dev/devs words on this plz. Cmment on wat think will happen.

Dc'd? Disconnected? Discontinued?

Traebeles99
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Dc'd? Disconnected? Discontinued?

Discontinued lol

Piosidon
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Elite items?

nenjih
12-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought there'd just be L21 versions of them.

Like how there are L15 and L16 versions now - which means they're gonna drop down in value fast. At any rate they'll be replaced by elite weapons at L21, making them obsolete.

My speculation is the current elite maps will be untouched, they'd still be L15/16 and will still drop L15/16 elite pinks. When the cap is raised there'll be new content that's scaled up to L20/21, with their own elite versions. So no they probably won't be discontinued. You can still try to sell to twinks though.

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM

I doubt the items will be discontinued; they'll still be available for people who loot at levels 15 and 16. That doesn't mean they will maintain their value, however. Currently they are some of the most powerful items in the game, which is why they are so expensive. In two weeks they will no longer be some of the most powerful items--level 21 items will instead. These level 15 and 16 items may maintain their value for people who PvP in these level ranges, but I suspect that won't be enough to keep them at their current price.

Ghostsmacker
12-03-2012, 03:37 AM
I think when lvl cap is raised, lvl 15/16 elite items won't be so powerful, so most people will get rid of them by selling them. Therefore, lowering their value.

However, after a while they won't be selling much and hardly anyone will farm them, so what happens is their value rises, sometimes higher than its original worth.

I think.

DataPunk
12-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm keeping all my equipment for my pvp alts.

Rare
12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I think when lvl cap is raised, lvl 15/16 elite items won't be so powerful, so most people will get rid of them by selling them. Therefore, lowering their value.

However, after a while they won't be selling much and hardly anyone will farm them, so what happens is their value rises, sometimes higher than its original worth.

I think.

The value only rises if there is demand. They're is only minimal demand for gear that is not end game. See dark legends. Only in rare cases (krieberg stone) does an item maintain value. And that was only after people realized the rarity of the l30 stone and the fact that there was not much difference in stats.

Only really if the item is unique in some way (pl demonic sets) will it have great value. While these sets were in high demand, they were in very low supply. Thus the enormous price tag.

gundamsone
12-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I believe the items will be discontinued on the basis that they did something similar in Pocket Legends a few months ago (removal of elite content & discontinued all drops from those elite maps)

I'm 99% sure we won't be running the same elite maps for the 21 cap, so yes they arn't likely to remove the pve maps we have now but they are probably going to remove the elite versions of them.
*Elite stands for last level, so it would make no sense to keep and allow new wave of 15/16 players to keep farming the items*

That being said, since drops are scaled & only lvl 20/21 can run the new elite maps, we won't be seeing more l15/16 elite items being injected into the market.
Prices will drop upon the patch release but they will eventually go up due to pvp.

Rare
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I believe the items will be discontinued on the basis that they did something similar in Pocket Legends a few months ago (removal of elite content & discontinued all drops from those elite maps)

I'm 99% sure we won't be running the same elite maps for the 21 cap, so yes they arn't likely to remove the pve maps we have now but they are probably going to remove the elite versions of them.
*Elite stands for last level, so it would make no sense to keep and allow new wave of 15/16 players to keep farming the items*

That being said, since drops are scaled & only lvl 20/21 can run the new elite maps, we won't be seeing more l15/16 elite items being injected into the market.
Prices will drop upon the patch release but they will eventually go up due to pvp.

Firstly, those were elite quests in pl. Not drops. Second, the items were elite items. Not pinks.

It seems more reasonable to think Al will follow along the lines of DL in terms of drops giving that drops scale to your level the same way they do there.

Edit: I dunno, after discussing with some people, maybe its not too far fetched. Only because of the elite map mechanics. But I still think we will see lvl requirements for the new elite maps, combined with modified loot tables for chests based on the map. We've seen both of these before.

Astrocat
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Firstly, those were elite quests in pl. Not drops. Second, the items were elite items. Not pinks.

It seems more reasonable to think Al will follow along the lines of DL in terms of drops giving that drops scale to your level the same way they do there.

Sorry, i'm out of Thanks, BUT ....

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/722409