PDA

View Full Version : New mage help

Pwnman
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Ok I have seen a lot of info on the mages skill wise but can any on help me stat wise. I think an int/str build is good for leveling but I heard that pure int makes you really powerfull. Should I go 4 int 2 str, 5 int 1 str, 3 int 3 str, or go pure int? (per level up)

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
How have you done with your current build? I go 5 INT, 1 STR and do fine. I don't like lower health than that because I find myself constantly mashing potions or running out of battle--both of which distract me from doing DPS.

Pwnman
12-03-2012, 07:06 AM
I have had a mage before but I switch it to warrior at around level 8, now I have collected the plat to get another charactor spot thays why I made this

Flamberge
12-03-2012, 07:20 AM
That depends on you. A pure int mage come with a massive dmg. My pure mage kill mob easy without losing any pot, but when it come to boss it is a little tricky, and yes you do need a tanker.

Pwnman
12-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Ok thanks :D

limitbreak
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
It depends on your situation

If you have friend or two that has a warrior char and 90% of the time plays with you then go for full int, since you dnt really need to tank some mobs coz they will agrro them most of the time, your just gonna be there keep nuking mobs.

If your a loner like me, then Ill suggest go for int 4 str 2, that way youll have enough dps and hp to clear mobs and bosses, I manage to kill Bael like 4 times by myself, pots consuming but worth it, get flap jack as your pet, or mallison blight etc.

I switched to warrior btw, being a warrior is so comfortble to play with, you dnt have to worry wasting pots alot, and has high damage, def and hp, really good for farming.

primaeva
12-03-2012, 10:31 AM
^ Only worry about warrior is-- the top tier items cost a bundle. :(

Energizeric
12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
I wanted to do full INT and I found in the early levels I kept dying a lot, but now I'm lvl11 and starting to get very powerful and inflict lots of dmg. So it's a tradeoff.

primaeva
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
With the right skill set, you're going to be fine with 0 int UNTIL you run Hauntlet and Elite dungeons. Normal mobs in Kraag/Watchers drop to two AoEs pretty much.

Ambient
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Honestly, I see myself getting downed in 2-3 hits by elite mobs, if I don't heal, but I don't have any of the best gear I want for my class, atm.

Once you get the best gear, I think it might even be safe to pour all your points into intel, if not for PvP, at least in PvE.

But that's seemingly very far away. And with a level cap raise coming, I would worry more about maybe getting new pets, since level 21 gear will replace most of your items soon, anyways.

At least that's how I see it. But what do I know :P