PDA

View Full Version : Make guild hall accessible in each towne (& more)

CriticalCyr
12-03-2012, 12:11 AM
1. Better guild hall access

I've noticed that when you start out as a lv1, you can only go to the city of Windmoor. If players were able to use a button in the guild tab of the social menu to jump to their guild hall, or if there were a door to the guild hall in each towne, low level players would be able to access the guild hall as well. I don't see why low levels shouldn't be able to access their guild's hall. This is especially difficult to get used to when I'm trying to convince the members of my PL guild to start playing AL as well, since the guild hall has always been designated as a meeting/congregating spot when discussing business. When exiting a guild hall, the player is sent to the last towne they were in.

2. Sorting in the auctions

It might be too much hassle to do, but since certain players look for new gear based on damage, armor, int, etc. I'd personally like to see an advanced sort option where we can sort things by highest calculated stat after being equipped. I put it that way because if the description of an item is "+3 int, +.05 damage" and you're a sorcerer, the pre-calculation damage would be +0.5, while the post-calculation damage might be +0.8. I've been hoping for this for a while in all of the STS games I've played.

3. Companion/Pet "favorites" list

When you've unlocked more than a few of the companions, you'll likely become attached to a select few of them. I tend to never use Barney or Jahooty if another pet is fully fed and ready for combat. If we had an option to put a star next to the names of "preferred" pets, they would be at the top of the list in the stable for quick swapping out when the current pet's happiness runs out.

4. Show how much experience a companion currently has / how much they still need to reach the next level.

5. Change the font of alerts that pop up in the middle of the screen

While this isn't a huge issue, it's somewhat difficult to read a lengthy PM sent to me before it disappears, because the font takes longer to read.

6. Sorting when going through guild members list

I'd like to see some sort of sorting function at the top of the guild member list, similar to how the auction can currently sort. where the rarity selection is, you could select Master/Officer/Recruiter/Member, you could show members higher than and/or lower than specified numbers, and keep the search bar to look for specific names. I'd also like the little up/down arrows to stay to sort from highest to lowest for level/rank as well..

7. Ask for confirmation when spending plat to revive/revenge on the battlefield

8. Show how much gold is being carried when looking at auctions

9. Allow us to send guild invites even if the person isnt online.

10. Allow PMs to be sent even if the person isn't online.

The reason I'm suggesting 9 & 10 is because the guild I'm in in PL also exists in AL, and it's difficult for them to synchronize with us and both be on AL at the same time, due to differing time zones and whatnot. If they could log in, type "/tell CriticalCyr Hey, this is my AL name" and log out, then I could log in later, see their message and send them a guild invite that they can accept when they return.

DataPunk
12-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Guildhall in pl is only accessible from balefort, i fail to see what the big problem is there. I actually thought it is fun to run guildies to Kraag because i don't mind helping them.

CriticalCyr
12-03-2012, 03:19 AM
In PL, you can access Balefort from the world map even if you haven't touched a single forest haven map.

DataPunk
12-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Ok never knew that, still i think it adds a.world feeling to al that would be missing. Running them to kraag would take you ten minutes so istill don't see the problem. Sounds to me you want PL2.0 tbh.

CriticalCyr
12-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I can see what you mean. There are a lot of elements to PL that I feel really made the game nice. I also feel that a few of those elements would make Arcane Legends more enjoyable for new players who just started. It takes a little bit longer than 10 minutes, but that's digressing. If a person joins a guild, regardless of their level, it's my personal belief that they should be able to enjoy all of the perks that come with it. If I run them through to Kraag, I'd be essentially depriving them of the fun and excitement of working hard with same-level teammates to clear a level for the privilege of going to the next level.

tearacan
12-03-2012, 04:26 AM
10. Change the font of alerts that pop up in the middle of the screen

While this isn't a huge issue, it's somewhat difficult to read a lengthy PM sent to me before it disappears, because the font takes longer to read.

actually i don't like these huge popups at all. They aren't alerts, it are more like annoying popup's. Alerts are supposed to be in the alert/notification box or make a special colour in the chatbox. When i deny a party invite, i get another one and another one, and another one! If i accidently pressed 'no' two times already... :hopelessness:
and to me the weirdest thing is that the 'create party' button which i had disabled in my options, returns on my screen... :surprise: *tadaaa*...truly magical.

The big text blocks the whole view!
Some peepz even found out that you can spam by switching trade on/off like a crazy fool.
I would be happy to see the huge popup spamtexts gone... :ghost:

CriticalCyr
12-03-2012, 04:57 AM
I like the popup text when I'm looking in the auctions for stuff. I'd be late responding to messages without it

Cero
12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
@9.

i like the way the game doesnt have pre text msg... dont you feel how peacefull the towns are having NO sale spams?

CriticalCyr
12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Added #18, a guild-wide stash. What other guild perks could there be in a guild hall? There are staircases on the sides of the guild halls, maybe one could lead to an arena with test dummies that take damage but never die?

CriticalCyr
12-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I've shortened the list to cut to the more important topics and eliminate the half baked ideas.

sirtibby
12-12-2012, 09:58 AM
@9.

i like the way the game doesnt have pre text msg... dont you feel how peacefull the towns are having NO sale spams?

Agreed. Still sale spam but I usually put them on ignore. It's manageable. I wish they would put in something to detect multiples of the same message or variation of it and mute the spammer.

CriticalCyr
12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
That's why I removed that #9 :P