PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend date thoughts?

Beanmachine
12-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Hello, Beanie here popping in from the weekend. I recently got a girlfriend (first one) and I was wondering where I should take her. We've already been to the movies so I kinda want to try something new yet affordable since I only get $40 a week. Any tips for high school relationships?

Thank you!

WarTornBird
12-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Ahhh. I'd have to say, one of the best times ive had in highschool, taking my girlfriend to orlando late October this year. I'd been saving up for quite a while so.
Anyway, you probably don't have to be all fancy. Just make sure you show her a good time, and remember not all women are cheap my friend :p
Dates don't always have to cost money, sometimes the best kind of date can be right in house. But to some it might be different. Just enjoy your time with her. You don't need money to have a good time.

Energizer12
12-03-2012, 07:59 AM
I take my woman to Fridays every Friday. From my experience I think you should let her choose because a woman is always right"

RedRyder
12-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Ah highschool dating. When you can actually manage a date less than $40 lol. Besides dinner and movies, you can't really do much considering your budget. Assuming its cold where you are too, not much can be done outside. It'll just be uncomfortable. Then again, I have no clue where you reside and it could be warm. In which case, take her for a stroll through the park and talk about the many wonders of life lol, or just eachother.

RedRyder
12-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Also, don't feel obligated to pay for her every time. You guys are in a relationship now so it's ok to go dutch. If she wants to go out and you don't have the funds, she should be able to extend the same courtesy you would to her.

Beanmachine
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I know I can manage a date for less than $40 but then I have no money to spend for other things such as food shopping or hanging out with my friends. But I do suppose I could do a few things with her at home which is actually the dorms at school.

@RedRyder-I live in a forest and it's pretty cold, not many parks around but there's a beach nearby. Also should I just ask her to go dutch when we dine? How should I ask her?

chukie
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
take her to a nice resturant.. not a boring posh one.. so it doesnt get awkward.. like a fun one.. then you can take her home and do some funny business :)

StompArtist
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Buy her a puppy from the local animal shelter.

MightyMicah
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I'd say that, in answer to the op, it depends on why you're dating her. If you're just dating her for fun, then go have fun. If you're actually thinking it's a serious relationship, then I doubt you or her care how much money goes into it. Just enjoy each other's company and get to know each other better.

Deathpunch
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
1. Take her to the gun range.
2. Shoot stuff.
3. Score a kiss for being awesome enough to take her to a gun range.
4. ???
5. Profit!

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

dudetus
12-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Chocolate, roses, candles, blanket, sofa and a dark winter evening outside.

U can't go wrong.

RedRyder
12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I know I can manage a date for less than $40 but then I have no money to spend for other things such as food shopping or hanging out with my friends. But I do suppose I could do a few things with her at home which is actually the dorms at school.

@RedRyder-I live in a forest and it's pretty cold, not many parks around but there's a beach nearby. Also should I just ask her to go dutch when we dine? How should I ask her?

It's really awkward to ask that lol. You really won't know till it comes down to paying the bill. The general price for dinner for two is about 30-40 for most places, so there goes your allowance lol. Girlfriends aren't cheap my friend! But if you see her in school then you really don't have to take her out as often. You're still young and don't make that type of income, unless you get a part time job or something.

quanebo
12-04-2012, 10:32 PM
if all these other ideas fail. take her to mcdonalds. buy her a happy meal.

gison
12-04-2012, 11:07 PM
I usually take my gf to my school gym (sometimes the park gym) and play basketball with her. Lol.

Base your dates with something you two have in common, like taking photos, etc.

It's free and you get to have a good time :)

Ps: I can get into school gym cus' I'm on the basketball team in my school :p
Ps(2x): I always let her beat me.

utotin
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Costco on the weekends have a lot of free taste booth. If the two of you will grind there.... ( a couple of rounds at least ) you will definitely scratch food out of your list and use that money on something else... :)) just kidding. peace my friend and have fun. Hope she is the right girl for you! Enjoy!!!

Otukura
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
movies are a terrible idea for new relationships, you can't talk to eachother at all during it

dun do that again

Artemis
12-04-2012, 11:22 PM

Kixxler
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM

All of those options are very unappealing and extremely cheesy.
I do like mac and cheese tho, so you got me there.

RedRyder
12-05-2012, 01:12 AM
movies are a terrible idea for new relationships, you can't talk to eachother at all during it

dun do that again

Yup!

That's why it's good to do dinner first, then a movie. Get to know eachother more during dinner, where you guys would be face to face. Then take her to a comedy movie you'll both laugh to. Don't put her in an awkward position by being to affectionate during the movie early on. She might not be up for it and it'll feel like you're forcing it on her.

iRusher
12-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Take her to a fancy restaurant, women love those.

Otukura
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
mini golfing is always fun

Prepare
12-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Your pointer and middle fingers are completely free. Go point at and flip people off in the park. Lots of fun. Trust me

Tbh, girlfriends aren't cheap. A good dinner and a movie can cost upwards of $100 a night. Go get takeout and a movie from blockbuster.

That does sound fun lol

Neffy
12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Sounds cheesy but girls like this kind of stuff usually. I've done this twice and both times it results in a goodnight kiss or more.
Go to a movie rental vendor, rent 2-3 movies she hasn't seen(or take some from home and set em out. Make sure the movies will interest her.) If you took movies from home, go out and buy a pizza, some candy, and some drinks(sodas, monsters, teas), and get the biggest, fluffiest blanket in your house with a couple pillows. Don't lay on the couh, spread the blanket on the floor. Relax and have a inside picnic style "date" and watch movies together. Don't be afraid to be outgoing and goofy, girls like it. If you would rather lay on a couch, be sure to wrap her up nice and comfy. Comedies and horrors are the best for this type of thing.

iRusher
12-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Sounds cheesy but girls like this kind of stuff usually. I've done this twice and both times it results in a goodnight kiss or more.
Go to a movie rental vendor, rent 2-3 movies she hasn't seen(or take some from home and set em out. Make sure the movies will interest her.) If you took movies from home, go out and buy a pizza, some candy, and some drinks(sodas, monsters, teas), and get the biggest, fluffiest blanket in your house with a couple pillows. Don't lay on the couh, spread the blanket on the floor. Relax and have a inside picnic style "date" and watch movies together. Don't be afraid to be outgoing and goofy, girls like it. If you would rather lay on a couch, be sure to wrap her up nice and comfy. Comedies and horrors are the best for this type of thing.

His ideas better than mine...use his nao

vampinoy
12-06-2012, 05:02 AM
I've been married for 5 years, before that, me and my wife were a couple for 7 years, so it's been 12 years. Looking back, I never really put much effort in our early dating days. It was just movies, dinner, and endless conversations. There will be occasional dates here and there like out of towns and tourist attractions, but those are mostly reserved on special occasions like birthday or anniversary. One thing I learned from my wife is that material or superficial things aren't important, in fact, my wife back then would tell me to not spend money and enjoy our dates just us doing foolish things like...walking around with no particular place in mind...or cooking our own food at my house...etc...be creative son! :D

WoundedEagle
12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Ice Cream and walking on the beach is always nice. It's cheap and you get to show her off and she'll like that because girls seemingly love it when you're not embarrassed to be around them with friends, relatives, etc. Surprising, right?

iRusher
12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Ice Cream and walking on the beach is always nice. It's cheap and you get to show her off and she'll like that because girls seemingly love it when you're not embarrassed to be around them with friends, relatives, etc. Surprising, right?

I tried that once..got an ice cream cone to the face

Artemis
12-06-2012, 07:38 PM

A girls opinion on this > someone who sits on forums all days opinion on this

xxgamertagxx
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
if all these other ideas fail. take her to mcdonalds. buy her a happy meal. lmao

iRusher
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM

A girls opinion on this > someone who sits on forums all days opinion on this

The lady has a point here

Artemis
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM

You sir just earned a Lyric Thanks. Uber rare. Only 11 ever.

iRusher
12-06-2012, 07:59 PM

You sir just earned a Lyric Thanks. Uber rare. Only 11 ever.

Oooooo woo-hoo!