PDA

View Full Version : Esteban or Flap Jack

Azedrab
12-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Which do you reckon I should use?

TANKKAAR
12-03-2012, 03:18 AM
That all depends on your class and play style.

Azedrab
12-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Well, I'm posting this in the rogue class discussion so that solves at least half of the mystery I hope!

TANKKAAR
12-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Well props to you for getting it in the right place. TBH there is no telling without you specifying as alot of people dont post in the correct discussion, even people who have been around for 100x your whooping 22 post count. Hope that clears up my reasoning for asking? A little tip for posting questions on the forum.... Try to be as detailed as possible when asking your question, I personally wouldve hated to gear my answer "ASSUMING" you were rouge only to find out you posted in the wrong section.

As for the answer to your question you still never stated what you play style is so vauge questions get vauge answers.

In terms of over all stats I think that Flap jack is superior on several levels, however Esteban could come in handy for a lower armor rouge as it reduces 10% of all enemy damage output.

Esteban
Happiness Bonus: +10% Damage, +5% Crit, +10% Dodge
Arcane Ability: Graceful Stomp
Reduces enemy damage, armor and hit chance by 10%.
Passive Abilities:
Passive Ability L1: Focused Headbutt
A heavy attack that damages a single target.
Passive Ability L5:
Passive Ability L10:
Passive Ability L15:

Flap Jack
Happiness Bonus: +15% Damage, +8 Health Regen, +8 Mana Regen
Arcane Ability: War Shrill
A war cry that has a high chance to stun enemies in range and reduces their armor by 10%.
Passive Abilities:
Passive Ability L1: Forceful Peck
Damages a single target with a sharp peck.
Passive Ability L5:
Passive Ability L10:
Passive Ability L15: Catalyst Beak
Samages up to 3 nearby targets, has a chance to bleed, stun, and reduce enemies chance to hit by 10%.

All info copied from Gluts guide:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77834-Guide-Pet-system

TheAnonymous
12-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I am surprised people haven't mentioned Nexus depending on how much mana the arcane spell actually gives you.

mike1298
12-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I am surprised people haven't mentioned Nexus depending on how much mana the arcane spell actually gives you.

Nexus actually has decent passive stats and abilities for you as well

Vystirch
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Hazel is also good if you are pure dex. The +30 str works wonders in staying alive!

TheAnonymous
12-03-2012, 12:08 PM
I decided to try out Nexus to see if the arcane mana was actually worth it since Rogues and Mages tend to have the issue with mana.

Flapjack was slow for both my mage and rogue on catching up with the mana output.

Nexus gave me +2 of the standard mana regen but also each level it went up 10-15mana per level. Currently at level 11 it is giving me 100-110 mana per 5 seconds which appears to be the cooldown for the pets.

Vystirch
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Nexus is great. I have him at lvl15 and helps elite tanks, mages, and rouges keep up. Mages have the most trouble because there mana pool is so huge!

TheAnonymous
12-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Nexus is great. I have him at lvl15 and helps elite tanks, mages, and rouges keep up. Mages have the most trouble because there mana pool is so huge!

I only tried him so far on my mage want to see what he does at L15 before I purchase for my rogue but I think I like it better than my other pets.

Vystirch
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Yah I play on my rouge with a lvl 15 nexus and I don't run out of mana.