PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting slaughtered in PvP!!! Help please!

Ripkord
12-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for my build. I've read the assassination build thread but I'm still getting crushed. It's to the point where people invite me to play so they can easily increase their kill stats! Lmao. I guess only being able to play from my iPod doesn't help either.

Tia for any help that you can give.

Flamberge
12-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Ping is essential in pvp. Do you have a good ping? If you do have a good ping try practice your build. I'm not a pro pvp in DL but I know copy someone else build doesn't always mean that you will become skilful in pvp. Learn your build and practice more, decide what best fits you. You will get a hang of it.

Scissorhands
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes ping is quite important you can die without even seeing an enemy. Use charged powers like your fatal burst and vermin swarm because they have a distance affect and leave an opening for following attacks, I never saw much use for curse in pvp personally perhaps replace it with hell blades. Maybe drop your attack in favor for some health. Your DPS looks good, it's higher than most of my stats lol.

Shlwankwald
12-04-2012, 09:21 AM
DAM only scales up ability damage, not your autoattack damage. Your going for a long range setup so you need to rely on a partner to take aggro most of the time. Basically, rely on abilities for damage and keep your distance. Scale your abilities up more instead of your passives if you want a DAM char, because stats wont be enough if your abilities are all rank 1.
If you want your attacks to hit harder, id jsut go crit buff and scale up attack and DPS a lot, and only use abilities for their utility as it hurts you to use them and only worth it if you can keep a distance (the amount of health abilities take from you is scaled by a % so getting more health wont let you spam more, sadly.
I play with 2 firends in pvp...one is all health, the other is all attack,a nd im all damage. i can burst people down really fast with almost the same setup, the only difference is i scaled up vermin more, along with the single target explosion thing. Try not to go so diverse. stack eithyer damage or attack and rely on abilities or autoattacks, and get some health for obvious reasons.
Dont charge your attacks, the damage increase is miniscule though some do have extra effects when charged, its not worth it unless you charge it before going in, mid fight is a waste.
Add me if you want more info, and I'll try to help.
Username: Schlankwald

I've never lost a PvP match, btw. Though I do cheat cuz I always play with my two roommates who are right beside me so we have the advantage of communication.

Unknowable
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Wow u copyed my forums ..

Unknowable
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Plus i learn that use the power your good at and High Def and health is good BTW :)

Unknowable
12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Plus don't want plat on plat weapon mostly coins weapon is stat (Health, def, att etc) is better <------MOSTLY :)

chosin
12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Having a balanced player is best you don't know what other people have. can assume dps and attack. to offset that need def and health. i would move 2 points one off attack and one off def. put one towards hlth or str maybe put 1 on a power you use alot during pvp. such as burst. def and attack can be made up with combinations of gems. Dps and hlth get the most from power points. the most dps you will get from gem is 8 at lvl 31. i believe you get 15 from power points. Ping internet connection very important. almost all players have kreigberg and obsidian equipped which alone give 16 dps among other attributes. NICE BUILD ARA

Unknowable
12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
You need to lower your attack and make your health higher (Move your 1 attack point to the def and 2 health point is bad 4 me, just put 1 point in health and maybe use your point in the damage or the powers you want and mebay 0 att since u have it so high) if u get the correct gems and practice and practice with the power you like you be like Theholyangel <-------He unstoppable :)

Unknowable
12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
If this help give me a thanks :)

Ripkord
12-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Great advise from all. Thanks for your time and help!

Ripkord
12-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Wow u copyed my forums ..

Ummm, huh? Lol.

Kraoracha
12-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Also what everybody always tells me is that it doesnt really depend on your skills and stats too much but more practice and get better.

Unknowable
12-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Ummm, huh? Lol.

You know u did i had the same pictures

Kraoracha
12-06-2012, 07:26 AM
You mean pics with the stats, the skills and the power mappings? Aren't those just the logical ones that make up the total of the stats?
I guess anyone would post those 3, even if not seeing a post by someone else, lol.

Ripkord
12-06-2012, 02:09 PM
You know u did i had the same pictures

I saw your post, and posted a reply in your KS thread. But I didn't see your other thread. Sorry if you feel insulted.

Ripkord
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Also what everybody always tells me is that it doesnt really depend on your skills and stats too much but more practice and get better.

That's what I've been told also. That's why I'm practicing like a madman. Lmao.

Sam_Arah
12-07-2012, 12:36 AM
DAM only scales up ability damage, not your autoattack damage. Your going for a long range setup so you need to rely on a partner to take aggro most of the time. Basically, rely on abilities for damage and keep your distance. Scale your abilities up more instead of your passives if you want a DAM char, because stats wont be enough if your abilities are all rank 1.
If you want your attacks to hit harder, id jsut go crit buff and scale up attack and DPS a lot, and only use abilities for their utility as it hurts you to use them and only worth it if you can keep a distance (the amount of health abilities take from you is scaled by a % so getting more health wont let you spam more, sadly.
I play with 2 firends in pvp...one is all health, the other is all attack,a nd im all damage. i can burst people down really fast with almost the same setup, the only difference is i scaled up vermin more, along with the single target explosion thing. Try not to go so diverse. stack eithyer damage or attack and rely on abilities or autoattacks, and get some health for obvious reasons.
Dont charge your attacks, the damage increase is miniscule though some do have extra effects when charged, its not worth it unless you charge it before going in, mid fight is a waste.
Add me if you want more info, and I'll try to help.
Username: Schlankwald

I've never lost a PvP match, btw. Though I do cheat cuz I always play with my two roommates who are right beside me so we have the advantage of communication.

What is this autoattack you are referring to? Are you referring to melee attacks?

Ripkord
12-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Good question.

valerasadose
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
urr stats are all wrong

DEFENSE PLAYER: 200+ defence 1500+ health
OFFENSIVE PLAYER: 200+ D.P.S 120+ damage 190+ attack
DEFENSE/OFFENSE PLAYERS: 1400+ health 190+ defense 190+ attack 190+ dps 118+ damage

i think u can do better wif dis build

doomdoomdoom
12-12-2012, 06:35 PM
(the amount of health abilities take from you is scaled by a % so getting more health wont let you spam more, sadly.

Wow....I never noticed that the blood amount used to spawn powers scaled with my health. Thank you!!