PDA

View Full Version : Horn of Renew VS Juggernaut?

Chickenrunnn
12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
What should I use?

Juggernaut heals 500xp, lower 20% damage, and taunt all monsters while Horn of renew only heal 50 hp each 5 seconds for like 30 seconds..

Why should I use Horn of Renew rather than Juggernaut? :)

Bless
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Use HOR. When u put like 3/4 points in it, itll heal u more than Jug, and it has the 2 sec invincibility, whereas jug only heals 500hp - HOR will heal up to 1k in one spell

Chickenrunnn
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Use HOR. When u put like 3/4 points in it, itll heal u more than Jug, and it has the 2 sec invincibility, whereas jug only heals 500hp - HOR will heal up to 1k in one spell

O:.. So on which HoR points should I put the points?

HoR, Puration, Challenge, Protective?

Bless
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM

O:.. So on which HoR points should I put the points?

HoR, Puration, Challenge, Protective? Choose the increased protection (the hulk bubble) and increased duration. Dont do range cuz everyone has own hp skills and dont do taunt as u will have most aggro anyways (do taunt if r confident).. :D

Chickenrunnn
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Choose the increased protection (the hulk bubble) and increased duration. Dont do range cuz everyone has own hp skills and dont do taunt as u will have most aggro anyways (do taunt if r confident).. :D

So
HoR, Duration, Protective :)? =D

I'm sure I'll have a v good built thanks 2 u :)

Bless
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Choose the increased protection (the hulk bubble) and increased duration. Dont do range cuz everyone has own hp skills and dont do taunt as u will have most aggro anyways (do taunt if r confident).. :D

So
HoR, Duration, Protective :)? =D

I'm sure I'll have a v good built thanks 2 u :) Yup, idk about ur attacking skills but when it comes to buffs ik what im doin. Ive been runnin tombs 3 and only used like 1 pot per run GL x)

This is my experiance, obv u got diff build n gear but try it out! Its a good use in elite too

Chickenrunnn
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Yup, idk about ur attacking skills but when it comes to buffs ik what im doin. Ive been runnin tombs 3 and only used like 1 pot per run GL x)

This is my experiance, obv u got diff build n gear but try it out! Its a good use in elite too

I'm not using any pots with my old built :p lol ^^..

Thanks 4 the help :)

Montanabro
12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Are you looking for a pure tank build? If so, take a look at my Warrior build thread. In short though, i recommend both. Hope it helps!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77690-Warrior-Builds-Inside

ShadowGunX
12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
lol dude jug good only at low lvls. at lvl16 it still gives 500hp wich also venge blood gives. while horn gives u 200hp around every 1.5s for 9sec. nd a protective shield for 4s. also jug has long cd (45s) while horn hav 15s cd only.

ShadowGunX
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Are you looking for a pure tank build? If so, take a look at my Warrior build thread. In short though, i recommend both. Hope it helps!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77690-Warrior-Builds-Inside

the build i use is d most effiecient nd gold saving build. i hav used ur build bt i ran out of mana nd i should b dependent on pet mana regen lol. anyway u hav great build coz u can buy mana potions.

Neffy
12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
From what I've seen, HoR seems to be better. But I could be wrong. Put some points into it and you're golden I'd think.

Montanabro
12-04-2012, 12:56 AM
lol dude jug good only at low lvls. at lvl16 it still gives 500hp wich also venge blood gives. while horn gives u 200hp around every 1.5s for 9sec. nd a protective shield for 4s. also jug has long cd (45s) while horn hav 15s cd only.

No doubt Horn is better for most players. But you're mixing up Jug and Vengeful Blood. Not charged, Jug gives a 25% boost to your HP. Moreover, it reduces damage by 20% (not charged as well). Finally, the charged version is an additional taunt. If your Warrior is indeed a pure tank then your job is to maintain aggro, which becomes a whole lot easier with two taunts (Jug and Horn of Renew). Two attacks (Chest Splitter and one more (I prefer Skyward Smash)) provide enough DPS.

City
12-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Horn of renew makes me feel squishy id rather use jugg than max it out, trust me i tried HoR a ton of times just feels weaker than jugg

Rot
12-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Vengeful Blood ftw!

ShadowGunX
12-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Horn of renew makes me feel squishy id rather use jugg than max it out, trust me i tried HoR a ton of times just feels weaker than jugg

jugg only heals 500hp BOOOOOOOOO!!! whereas HOR heals me upto 1.2k hp. u only need gears det increases bonus dmg %. more bonus dmg more effective HOR nd other skill is.

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 08:24 PM
healing over time is fundamentally more beneficial that burst hps. 2 secs may seem small but when you've COMPLETLY negated damaged from the swings of a horde of mobs its priceless.

without any reliable taunt numbers I have little faith in stacking too much.

Delirium
12-06-2012, 02:47 AM
I use both jugg AND hor.. but I'm a pure tank ;) I haven't met a rogue or sorc YET that can pull aggro from me if I want to keep it.. and I use maybe 1 mana potion per run IF I use any at all.

If I was going with a more DPS based build, I would use HoR--no questions asked. I only use Jugg now for the extra taunt, but the extra HP and damage reduction make me nigh invincible while it's up.

Vystirch
12-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I use both of them. But there is one huge difference in the two skills. And it is in the taunt skill. When you use the horn of renew it taunts nice right on the beginning of the power. When you use jaugernaut it taunts 4 times! Once right away, then at the end with two more taunts spaced evenly between the two. This make jaugernaut a great skill for holding huge mobs agro.

Montanabro
12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I use both of them. But there is one huge difference in the two skills. And it is in the taunt skill. When you use the horn of renew it taunts nice right on the beginning of the power. When you use jaugernaut it taunts 4 times! Once right away, then at the end with two more taunts spaced evenly between the two. This make jaugernaut a great skill for holding huge mobs agro.

This is very important for folks to know. It seems that very few are aware of Jug's power.

Vystirch
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
This is very important for folks to know. It seems that very few are aware of Jug's power.

Yes this lets me hold crowds as a low lvl warrior! It is an amazing asset to warriors holding agro. Granted jug has a long timer but it is worth it.

DontNerfMeBro
12-06-2012, 08:36 PM

interesting.. I'm confused tho about the whole 4 taunts thing. Could you explain that avlittle differently? does it do something not described in the tool tip?

Vystirch
12-07-2012, 05:47 AM
interesting.. I'm confused tho about the whole 4 taunts thing. Could you explain that avlittle differently? does it do something not described in the tool tip?

Ok here it is I hope more simply understood:

Everytime you charge up and release a jug power with taunt enabled you immediately taunt the enemies around you. After a few seconds, without casting the jug power again it taunts the enemies around you again. It does this 2 more times and then the power is over.

Hope this clarifies how it taunts 4 times in a row per use.

DontNerfMeBro
12-07-2012, 06:01 AM
how strong is each tick compared to the single acting effects of other abilities?

sorry.. use little words. I actually had my dog help me type this out.

ShadowGunX
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
useless atm :-P

Vystirch
12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
how strong is each tick compared to the single acting effects of other abilities?

sorry.. use little words. I actually had my dog help me type this out.

Same radius of effect as horn.

Alicherbone
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
used jugg for awhile but hor is def better!

Kenoon
12-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I personally skipped Juggernaut first as i find it too excessive in terms of the taunt effect.
However we might need it if the passive skills & level cap in next patch boost up DPS of Rogue/Mage/Warrior class to the extend that we might need this skill for taunt control. Just a thought.

Phreak
12-09-2012, 01:48 AM
using horn