PDA

View Full Version : Join a friend?

Energizeric
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
So I'm in Traveler's Outpost and I leave to join a dungeon, but just as I join the dungeon I see a guy who had written that he was selling something, but he was still in Traveler's Outpost. So I write him a PM saying that I want to buy the item, we add eachother to friend's list, but now I can't find him. I go back to the town, but he is obviously in a different version of the town, and the friend's list does not give us a way to join eachother. So instead we join the same party, then join a dungeon and then we can join eachother. This feature needs to be added just like in PL.

Astrocat
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
My suggestion to you, is to create ONE thread about all your suggestions, and not multiple ones for one suggestion on each one.

Then, I can http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiCSu9ExOFY you.

Ortalan
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
As far as I can tell, the option to join friends in AL exists exactly as it does in PL. Unfortunately, since the Nuri's mini-dungeon update, or around that time, it has been most difficult to join friends in PL if they are in an area where very many other players want to be. The rooms fill up to capacity and don't allow join easily. In PL, you can usually meet in a town area that doesn't see much traffic - Balefort Sewers town is quite popular as meeting place for trades these days. But AL has only three town areas at this stage, all of which are usually heavily populated, which exacerbates the problem.... My solution so far for trading has been to invite the player with whom I'd like to trade to form a party, then go to a dungeon map and conduct the trade there.

Obviously, this is a little silly, but the REAL pain the butt, in both AL and PL, is just that it is so dang hard to hang out with friends! I gotta think STS is trying to save server capacity (or w/e - I'm no techie) by creating just as many towns as are needed to accomodate the number of players who wish to be in that town. So in PL, I know, maximum population at Balefort Castle town is 24. My suggestion would be that new random joins to any given game area be stopped before that area reaches capacity. So after there were, say, 20 people in Balefort Castle, you could still join that area off your guild/social list, but the game would no longer send you to that particular instance if you were joining Balefort from the world map. This would make commonly visited areas of the game much more, um, friend-friendly:D Please remember, devs - we are here for the awesome content, but we are here just as much for the awesome friends.

Lovee
12-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Sadly, partying up and meeting in dungeons are the best option now.

Fyrce
12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Actually the guild entry area isn't too bad for meeting up. Sometimes Windmoore isn't too bad either.

Best option is creating a party and join the various towns until one of you finds each other or a town instance where there are not that many people. In a party, it will always try to let you join your party, if there is space.