PDA

View Full Version : Where to hunt flamestrike rod (clever)?

Autumn
12-04-2012, 02:47 AM
So i did a little price check of clever rod of flamestrike and i found out that its very expensive. I can't seem to buy it, just sitting at 60k gold right now lol. So i decided maybe to hunt it? If possible. Go easy on me i'm just new. :)

And btw, any tips you cn give on gaining/farming gold?
Feel free to comment, will be much appreciated. :D

Flamberge
12-04-2012, 05:21 AM
I got it from a chest. Not sure if its a regular or elite chest though.

primaeva
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Those that have played enough MMOs know that a lot of free money lies in the ups and downs of the auction house. It takes more effort than people care to make however.

Right now get an agile flamestrike to bring your DPS to ~150, then get farming Jarls. Learn the right skillset to help your runs go faster. That is where the gold is-- getting lucky with elite chests-- and it is ALSO the only place you can find a Clever Flamestrike. It is also far more likely you sell enough to outright buy a Clever Flamestrike than actually find one yourself.

Yakiniku
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Those that have played enough MMOs know that a lot of free money lies in the ups and downs of the auction house. It takes more effort than people care to make however.

Very true. A friend of mine that plays is rolling in gold and has yet to set foot in any elite beyond Aqueducts, much less do any Jarls. While he's idling at the AH, I'm out chest hunting, doing Jarls, questing, doing dailies, etc. and I'm broke as hell. :p

It is also far more likely you sell enough to outright buy a Clever Flamestrike than actually find one yourself.

Also true. I got impatient and picked up a 15 Clever Flamestrike last night to hold me down until I can find/buy a 16 one.

Foreverkind
12-06-2012, 07:44 AM

Right now get an agile flamestrike to bring your DPS to ~150, then get farming Jarls. Learn the right skillset to help your runs go faster. That is where the gold is-- getting lucky with elite chests-- and it is ALSO the only place you can find a Clever Flamestrike. It is also far more likely you sell enough to outright buy a Clever Flamestrike than actually find one yourself.

I'm new so here's a noob question xD : What do you mean by "get farming Jarls"

primaeva
12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Lol no worries, we were all new once. Farming the elite Jarl on the Elite Brackenridge Village map is the current endgame for most of us. Of all the bosses he's the shortest distance from the start of the map and has very simple fight mechanics ('tank and spank'), which makes it highly efficient for groups to farm and kill him within 1-3 minutes.

Every kill might score you an elite copper/silver/golden chest, which in turn is the best way to score level 15/16 pink items.

Hexis
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for your insight Primaeva, I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

keanyoong
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Cool~

Shonex
12-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the tip :D

Chanyu96
12-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Nice tip! I was farming there for few hours last night lol

TheHobbit
12-11-2012, 03:06 AM
and take note that Loki can also be found at the Elite Brack Forest. Just defeat the group of goblins before Stabb and you might get the precious egg drop.