PDA

View Full Version : Rogue's mana issues.

Koedt
12-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Please STS, think of something that can make up for the mana thats being spend playing as a rogue.
It's really rediculous I have to spam about 10-20 mana potions at elite Jarl, for instance, just to use my skills.

I've been playing as a warrior for the last 2 days, it really really shocked me after not playing my rogue for two days.
I barely spend any mana potion at all, all basic gears & pet, and I get to spam my skills non-stop.
The only thing thats keeping me down is the cooltime on the skills.

All daily quests together make a good 1k a day? Something like that?
I can tell you as a rogue, this money can be spend straight away on potions, if you want to play for the day.
A few elite runs and my potions are done, I have to spend yet another 1k on potions.
And pink or pet drops? Another joke.. I think I have opened about 40 elite chests, gold, silver, copper, whatever.. greens, greens, greens.

And pet mana regeneration isnt sufficient, its a joke for this, really.. barely noticeable.

Is this the purpose of the rogue's class?
I wish I could trade in my lvl 16 rogue for a lvl 16 warrior, only cause of this.

EDIT: This post might come out a tad frustrated, but thats what I am right now.
The difference in mana cost is just too much, way too much.
It shocks me, there is no balance in this.

primaeva
12-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Koedt: I have a rogue and sorc, and let's say it's the price to pay for high DPS. It's because we have multiple skills on 2/3 second cooldowns (warriors only have Chest Splitter).

If mana consumption is an issue to you, regulate your cooldowns to make it efficient. Are you spamming Noxious Bolt every 2 seconds? Drop it to 6 just for the poison bonus. Horton and Flap refill your mana just enough for an aimed shot off cooldown which is all you need to keep up crit.

And let's just say-- on a damage per mana scale, rogues really win out against sorcs. I rolled a rogue to see what the fuss is about-- a rubbish-geared rogue (mine) can put out easily 1.5 to 2 times as much as a full end-game sorc (also mine).

And your chest luck just has been exceedingly bad. Don't ever give up.

Loaden
12-05-2012, 01:09 PM
You forgot to speak of warrior.
Warrior has a mana skill that gives me infinite mana.

Reggin
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Buy Nexus and level him to 15. No more mana issues. I spam aimed shot, keep smoke up as often as possible, keep razor shield up as often as possible and throw the occasional health pack if needed. Never go OOM as long as I use Nexus' arcane ability as often as possible. Other rogues and mages in the group love my 40 plat investment. Went from using 100 mana pots a day to using 0.

Serancha
02-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Buy Nexus and level him to 15. No more mana issues. I spam aimed shot, keep smoke up as often as possible, keep razor shield up as often as possible and throw the occasional health pack if needed. Never go OOM as long as I use Nexus' arcane ability as often as possible. Other rogues and mages in the group love my 40 plat investment. Went from using 100 mana pots a day to using 0.

If you are using aimed / smoke / razor / medic - that's 3 skills with long cooldowns and only one attack skill. Sure nexus can keep you full with that, but you are also doing less than 1/4 of the damage of any aim / nox / pierce rogue.

Nesox
02-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately I see no way to help you out in PVE without further imbalanancing in favor of rogues in PVP as a result.

Morholt
02-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Whoa, you run out of mana quickly while spamming skills at lvl 16? Who would have ever thought a low lvl character having a low mana pool...

Hiosahaf
02-18-2014, 03:15 AM
But..but..you can't do elite at 16 :/

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Haligali
02-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Lol, warrior is a pvp class.. -.-

Cero
02-18-2014, 09:52 AM
More than a year guys:P

Alhuntrazeck
02-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Lol epic necro...

Morholt
02-18-2014, 01:03 PM
More than a year guys:P

http://i62.tinypic.com/dfc22e.jpg

Meguy
02-18-2014, 01:17 PM
mana issues, the only reason why roque consume a lot of mana is because of skills having 2 seconds cooldown. You spam skills quickly resulting to an obvious mana consumption as well. You want sts to solve this? Then, will you approve if they will make your aim and nox and pierce to 4 secs cooldown? I guess not because this makes roque killer class in pvp. Roque is very op in pvp because their crit is very high in damage already and the cooldown of this skill is very fast so if the first aim failed they have a lot of chance to try it again. We'll obviously the game is already in favor of rouqe already.

Bless
02-18-2014, 03:46 PM
mana issues, the only reason why roque consume a lot of mana is because of skills having 2 seconds cooldown. You spam skills quickly resulting to an obvious mana consumption as well. You want sts to solve this? Then, will you approve if they will make your aim and nox and pierce to 4 secs cooldown? I guess not because this makes roque killer class in pvp. Roque is very op in pvp because their crit is very high in damage already and the cooldown of this skill is very fast so if the first aim failed they have a lot of chance to try it again. We'll obviously the game is already in favor of rouqe already. I agree, it seems like we need more mana because we have short cooldowns, but it doesnt relate to how we are OP - the game is hardly in the favour of rogues, a warrior friend did one 3 skill combo on me earlier, and (we were both borrowed full mythic) he got me to 28% in 3 skills, 3 skills!! And its a tank!

Btw it's rogue not roque

Zynzyn
02-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Agree. Rogues need a mana skill upgrade without any further nerfs.

Rogues arent OP in pvp, it is the Tanks who are OP actually, mana-wise and otherwise.
They get infinite mana with venge buff, when they are in the middle of a clash.

Madnex
02-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Did I just hear the words "rogue" and "buff" in the same sentence? *cracks fingers*

Want more mana? Spec more INT. Don't carelessly spam skills. Use pets that help with high mana regen and/or arcane abilities that recover it.

I agree that warriors should be nerfed though; three HP regen skills, two second invulnerability while getting back 80% HP, stun immunity (I'm talking about charged jugg, apart from the normal 7.5 sec one that goes for all) for themselves but ability to stack stuns on enemies and skills to keep you close with ridiculous range (skysmash & axe) while having twice any other class's HP and over +50% of the armor? Especially now that they're allowed to get damage as high as sorcerers...

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Lol just look at the date of the OP!! XD

Bless
02-19-2014, 04:43 AM
Did I just hear the words "rogue" and "buff" in the same sentence? *cracks fingers*

Want more mana? Spec more INT. Don't carelessly spam skills. Use pets that help with high mana regen and/or arcane abilities that recover it.

I agree that warriors should be nerfed though; three HP regen skills, two second invulnerability while getting back 80% HP, stun immunity (I'm talking about charged jugg, apart from the normal 7.5 sec one that goes for all) for themselves but ability to stack stuns on enemies and skills to keep you close with ridiculous range (skysmash & axe) while having twice any other class's HP and over +50% of the armor? Especially now that they're allowed to get damage as high as sorcerers...

63836 This post I like. Many rogues think they need to spam skills to kill players.

Warriors shouldn't be doing this much damage. It's okay if they want to go dps, then decrease the dps specs armor and hp to be slightly higher than rogues...

Bless
02-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Lol just look at the date of the OP!! XD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk Sorry, my bad. On the mobile interface ain't nobody got time fo' dates! :rolleyes:

Xeusx
02-19-2014, 05:59 AM
The thread closed.

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 06:39 AM
Sorry, my bad. On the mobile interface ain't nobody got time fo' dates! :rolleyes:

It was an epic necro, like somebody pointed out earlier. Even I was unaware of it!

eonziggys
08-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I agreed have lv41 rogue that im not playing now coz of mana problem...using warrior now currently lv41 now also..anyway if you still like to play rogue..respect it add points to inte and use ring and amu that have inte stat

Crowsfoot
08-12-2014, 02:29 PM

Warriors heal 10% less in PvP than PvE. The trade off is we deal 10% more damage. At most, increase the heal decrease to 15%.

+450 from VB isn't much of a heal skill, we have 2 true heal skills.

Crowsfoot
08-12-2014, 02:31 PM
As far as rogues go, it is a tad ridiculous that a crit build is the best option. The fact that your weakness is mana is over come by Samael users who run around one hitting. Joy.

I don't think rogues should be buffed. Spec int if you have to.

Ipoopsy
08-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Please STS, think of something that can make up for the mana thats being spend playing as a rogue.
It's really rediculous I have to spam about 10-20 mana potions at elite Jarl, for instance, just to use my skills.

I've been playing as a warrior for the last 2 days, it really really shocked me after not playing my rogue for two days.
I barely spend any mana potion at all, all basic gears & pet, and I get to spam my skills non-stop.
The only thing thats keeping me down is the cooltime on the skills.

All daily quests together make a good 1k a day? Something like that?
I can tell you as a rogue, this money can be spend straight away on potions, if you want to play for the day.
A few elite runs and my potions are done, I have to spend yet another 1k on potions.
And pink or pet drops? Another joke.. I think I have opened about 40 elite chests, gold, silver, copper, whatever.. greens, greens, greens.

And pet mana regeneration isnt sufficient, its a joke for this, really.. barely noticeable.

Is this the purpose of the rogue's class?
I wish I could trade in my lvl 16 rogue for a lvl 16 warrior, only cause of this.

EDIT: This post might come out a tad frustrated, but thats what I am right now.
The difference in mana cost is just too much, way too much.
It shocks me, there is no balance in this.

Here's the solution to your problem.

Respec your rogue to all intelligence, and your mana is solve. Any other issue after is not related to mana is irrelevant.

fiftyonecents
08-12-2014, 06:57 PM
May I recommend you simply change your set up ? it seems like you are all dps and dmg atm which hurts your armor and mana maybe your crit percentage, maybe go with some brutality gear or any gear to boost your hp and or armor/ mana. having to spam pots the way you described is due to a poor set up, not to mention the party that you join with. if your party isn't balanced meaning lvls within 2 lvls plus or minus then the map will not be an easy road for you, it will only gain you more deaths on your kdr, I suggest overhauling your gear/ set up see what your weakness is and fix it, this is half the battle. the other half is joining a balanced pt , this in my opinion is what makes or breaks an elite run.

Nice thread.

Haligali
08-13-2014, 09:09 AM
lol who nekroed this thread again