PDA

View Full Version : Location of L15-L16 Item drops and Legendary Eggs

Liquid Ice
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I have been searching around and was unable to find any answer to my question. I was wondering if rare items drop playing on the standard maps or if I have to go over to elite maps in order to get good drops. I am L15 and tried the elite maps as soon as I was able to, and in all honesty, I got destroyed. I don't buy platinum so I don't have nearly the best gear at the moment. So do I need to farm for preliminary gear in order to stand a chance at elite maps, wherein I then farm the elite maps to get the best gear?

For example, can I get Ribbit from the Mother in the normal map? Or does it have to be on elite maps?

Can I get berserker armor only on elite maps, etc? Or are the chances just much greater in elite maps?

Thanks for the help.

Montanabro
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I have been searching around and was unable to find any answer to my question. I was wondering if rare items drop playing on the standard maps or if I have to go over to elite maps in order to get good drops. I am L15 and tried the elite maps as soon as I was able to, and in all honesty, I got destroyed. I don't buy platinum so I don't have nearly the best gear at the moment. So do I need to farm for preliminary gear in order to stand a chance at elite maps, wherein I then farm the elite maps to get the best gear?

For example, can I get Ribbit from the Mother in the normal map? Or does it have to be on elite maps?

Can I get berserker armor only on elite maps, etc? Or are the chances just much greater in elite maps?

Thanks for the help.

I know you can get pinks (legendary) from normal maps. Eggs generally drop only in certain areas, however; check the pet description to see where. It is generally agreed that Elite Jarls gives you the best chance of a pink relative to the time it takes to complete the run.

Liquid Ice
12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I know you can get pinks (legendary) from normal maps. Eggs generally drop only in certain areas, however; check the pet description to see where. It is generally agreed that Elite Jarls gives you the best chance of a pink relative to the time it takes to complete the run.

I know that you can get pinks from normal maps. I have received a few. But they were the cheapest pinks you could possibly get.

My main question is this: can I get the best gear in the game without going to the elite maps?

Airikay
12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I know that you can get pinks from normal maps. I have received a few. But they were the cheapest pinks you could possibly get.

My main question is this: can I get the best gear in the game without going to the elite maps?

From Auction house. But you'd need to save a lot of money. Elite items don't drop on normal. Clever, Agile, Mighty. Eggs do drop on Normal though. Go to stable, if it doesn't say it's on Elite then it's not. I think only Loki, Kettle, and that dragon are Legend only.

Nightarcher
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Here's the actual answer:

There are two classifications of chests. Regular chests, and elite chests. Regular are called just "copper/silver/gold chest" while elite chests (which are not tradable) have "elite" before the name of the chest. Elite pinks (trollbanes, flamestrike rods, demonologist gear, etc.) only can be acquired from opening Elite chests, which only drop from elite bosses.

Airikay
12-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Here's the actual answer:

There are two classifications of chests. Regular chests, and elite chests. Regular are called just "copper/silver/gold chest" while elite chests (which are not tradable) have "elite" before the name of the chest. Elite pinks (trollbanes, flamestrike rods, demonologist gear, etc.) only can be acquired from opening Elite chests, which only drop from elite bosses.

False. Mobs and bosses drop Elite Pinks on Elite also.

ShadowGunX
12-04-2012, 11:35 PM

false!!! only elite bosses drop

ShadowGunX
12-04-2012, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the help.

for nw do kraag lvl3 runs till u get 16. there u can get pinks nd eggs. u also hav chance to get gold chest as there r two bosses. u can get cerella egg from kraag tombs. sell d eggs nd also u can sell d gold chest. also using epic gears (ogre helm of savvy; ironbound armour of will nd epic ring nd amulets boosting armour) u can do fairly good in elite runs. bt dnt go solo in elite maps. u also need to hav a good build. u can use montanabro"s guide its a good guide. so i recommend to farm kraag nd rook nest till u dnt get enough money to buy epic gears :)

Azedrab
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Since no one has mentioned it: the leading term in the names of elite items will be one of 'mighty', 'agile' or 'clever'. So you mighty get, for example, 'mighty vorpal sword of assault' or 'clever jewelled pendant of brutality'. These are the pinks which drop from elite chests and the best items in the game by quite a bit.

NiN
12-05-2012, 10:14 AM
I got loki's egg from one of the mobs that you fight before jarl (elite mode)
By the way, 1/100+ runs

Liquid Ice
12-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all of the replies everyone. That answers my question I had. I'll have to get some better gear to stand a chance in elite maps I suppose.

Airikay
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Since no one has mentioned it: the leading term in the names of elite items will be one of 'mighty', 'agile' or 'clever'. So you mighty get, for example, 'mighty vorpal sword of assault' or 'clever jewelled pendant of brutality'. These are the pinks which drop from elite chests and the best items in the game by quite a bit.

From Auction house. But you'd need to save a lot of money. Elite items don't drop on normal. Clever, Agile, Mighty. Eggs do drop on Normal though. Go to stable, if it doesn't say it's on Elite then it's not. I think only Loki, Kettle, and that dragon are Legend only.

Lol. And I've seen agile neck drop from mobs before Jarl. So mobs do also. To whoever posted under me before.

Nightarcher
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Really? Weird, I've never seen an elite boss drop any pink; it's just bad luck I guess haha.

Fao
12-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I hate Elite mode, I die tooooo much!