PDA

View Full Version : Armor Questions

Airikay
12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
1. For armor is it a percent value or a set value? Example is 10 armor equal to -10 attack points from each attack or is it -10%. I know this isn't the exact values but it's just an example.

2. Also, does anyone know how much 1 armor is equal to?

3. Final question is, for pets that decrease damage by X%, do they just increase your armor by that %? Because I noticed the "Armor Elixir" says it increases your armor by 15% but if you look at your avatar when it's running, it says it reduces damage by 15%. Noticed that today when I got it for the daily.

Thanks to all who help

primaeva
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd like to add a fourth question: Armor reduction abilities and debuffs-- are they stackable indefinitely? From the same source / different source? An example would be-- Rogues' Shadow Piercer + Rogues' Aimed Shot debuff + a pet that shreds armor... in addition to another's pet who shreds armor, etc.

More or less hoping a dev will help us out here, as armor usually uses a convoluted formula :(( Pretty please! :))

nenjih
12-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I really want to know too, thanks for asking. The ratio of views to replies show not many people know this answer, so we need a dev (or people who can really field test this).

I know my level 1 pet that does 2 damage on paper, does 0 damage to mobs when I'm on my level 16. So it seems to be a flat reduction rather than % wise, but actual formula is probably more complicated than that.

Samhayne
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm sorry, but we haven't made such formulas available in the past.

Rare
12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry, but we haven't made such formulas available in the past.

First time for everything?? :abnormal:

Airikay
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Disappointing answer since only one question really had to do with formulas. It's like you only read one sentence. Other questions had to do with the games poor explanations or "dual" meanings etc.

azefekie
12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
your pet damage increases as it levels that's why you're 16 and your pet is doing 0 dmg. If you take your low level pet to a lower map level it will do damage, if you have a toon that you had someone run you through the levels you'll see how if you were lower then the expected map level it told you the level is for 11+ or so on. They expected most people to go by that "warning" so it's easier for em, and as you know if you're just starting out your pet pretty much keeps the same level as you. not sure if that helps or i confused you more..or maybe i'm way off lol
I really want to know too, thanks for asking. The ratio of views to replies show not many people know this answer, so we need a dev (or people who can really field test this).

I know my level 1 pet that does 2 damage on paper, does 0 damage to mobs when I'm on my level 16. So it seems to be a flat reduction rather than % wise, but actual formula is probably more complicated than that.

Airikay
12-06-2012, 03:33 PM
your pet damage increases as it levels that's why you're 16 and your pet is doing 0 dmg. If you take your low level pet to a lower map level it will do damage, if you have a toon that you had someone run you through the levels you'll see how if you were lower then the expected map level it told you the level is for 11+ or so on. They expected most people to go by that "warning" so it's easier for em, and as you know if you're just starting out your pet pretty much keeps the same level as you. not sure if that helps or i confused you more..or maybe i'm way off lol

He was simply trying to talk about my first question. Whether damage was % or flat base. He was explaining how his level 1 pet does no damage to enemies with higher armor count because if it was percent based his pet should do 1 damage. Which makes sense.

But I can't believe Sam couldn't even answer why one of the Elixir's gives TWO different explanations. That's poor on STS side. Why should there be two explanations? It's misleading to the customers who buy it.

azefekie
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't know if this helps, but my warrior i was trying to get a ton of armor more then i usually see. so far i'm at 621 and 1700 hp. the first Elite boss in village i believe does 800 damage when he charges up he's hiting me crit highest was 439, his regular hits were 150-220. the warrior next to me had about 440 armor and when he got crit hit it took about half his hp. I'm not sure what that would be ( example 10 armor equal to -10 attack points) but im sure we can figure it out.
1. For armor is it a percent value or a set value? Example is 10 armor equal to -10 attack points from each attack or is it -10%. I know this isn't the exact values but it's just an example.

2. Also, does anyone know how much 1 armor is equal to?

3. Final question is, for pets that decrease damage by X%, do they just increase your armor by that %? Because I noticed the "Armor Elixir" says it increases your armor by 15% but if you look at your avatar when it's running, it says it reduces damage by 15%. Noticed that today when I got it for the daily.

Thanks to all who help

azefekie
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
i'm pretty sure its flat base
He was simply trying to talk about my first question. Whether damage was % or flat base. He was explaining how his level 1 pet does no damage to enemies with higher armor count because if it was percent based his pet should do 1 damage. Which makes sense.

But I can't believe Sam couldn't even answer why one of the Elixir's gives TWO different explanations. That's poor on STS side. Why should there be two explanations? It's misleading to the customers who buy it.

azefekie
12-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I know it's hard to believe but Samhayne doesn't have all the answers lol

Rare
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM

Maybe instead of bashing him on a public forum you could send him a PM and ask about it.

Airikay
12-06-2012, 04:33 PM