PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy while u can :-)

PYTHON
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I am having quite a blast with four levelled toons, with elite gear and with next update looming around the corner I think whether to sell the gear and get money? Then as the gear is to be sold quickly so at the most I can make 400k.
Then I remember that after playing pocket legends for two years I saved 5000000! Sounds quite a bit but I realize that even this was not sufficient to buy one elite item or dragon items. Also in dark legends saved about 2000000 on 6 tons and then with vanities like undead mask and albino pets priced in millions, all this money was useless( btw quit that).
Now in arcane legends most people are from DL and PL, and prices like 999999 are becoming common, Ifeel that this game will go in the direction of DL as people will inflate the markets with plat money and common people having fun will look at that auction price with bewilderment !
I decide to buy more gear and enjoy now as unless the devs interfere and keep the maximum price tag of the items in control, with next update we will see people putting good gear beyond the reach of common people.
I feel sad for such a good game so guys let's enjoy now and have fun as dark nights with nightmares at the auctionare coming soon.
Sorry for losing hope.

Python 16 warrior

http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs50bf81f53a386.png (http://www.videogamesigs.com)

Bless
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
They should increase plat to gold

Deathpunch
12-05-2012, 11:58 AM
They should quit selling gold for plat. That will balance the economy more than any single thing else.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Bless
12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
They should quit selling gold for plat. That will balance the economy more than any single thing else.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice. make prices like pl

j3peaz
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
People stop paying the ludicris prices and we all win

PYTHON
12-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Good idea man, but there is one flaw and that is with better gear they will win both in pve and pvp
http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs50bf81f53a386.png (http://www.videogamesigs.com)

Eridol
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM

-----

would be nice but will never happen ;)

Bashem
12-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I agree 100% gold bought wiyh plat while they get money for it ruins the economy more then anything. And its not like they have other ways to make cash. In reality they make money off gold buying, it ruins ingame economy esp for people who cant afford alot of plat(those people possibly get irritated with this and quite), they raise prices of stuff to create more gold sink stating theres to much gold running around but there makin money on the problem causing it. I have no problem with any other plat bought stuff but please rethink the plat for gold its doing more harm then good. Its the one thing turning your games into a rich mans game vs good for all and i dont see how u wouldnt still make butt loads off your other plat deals. Stopin gold for plat wont break you at all. But it breaks your game imo.

PYTHON
12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a feeling that all of us want this game to be successful and enjoyable over long time. Some great ideas above has made me understand one thing that we want to PLAY above all!
If we play with some dignity and give respect to each others need to look good in the game, and feel a sense of awesomeness then we should not make some items we have access to by way of money, not inaccessible to the rest of the community.

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM

-----

first thought is to agree. then again the exorbant prices making items unobtainable keeps them in their glory.. doesn't it?

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I agree 100% gold bought wiyh plat while they get money for it ruins the economy more then anything. And its not like they have other ways to make cash. In reality they make money off gold buying, it ruins ingame economy esp for people who cant afford alot of plat(those people possibly get irritated with this and quite), they raise prices of stuff to create more gold sink stating theres to much gold running around but there makin money on the problem causing it. I have no problem with any other plat bought stuff but please rethink the plat for gold its doing more harm then good. Its the one thing turning your games into a rich mans game vs good for all and i dont see how u wouldnt still make butt loads off your other plat deals. Stopin gold for plat wont break you at all. But it breaks your game imo.

gold doesn't break the game. decreasing rarity of the most potent items may. Power balance remains the same, it's just a matter of who has it.

Bashem
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
gold doesn't break the game. decreasing rarity of the most potent items may. Power balance remains the same, it's just a matter of who has it.

Yes it does when u have people buying hundreds of thousands in gold with plat people know others have the gold to pay rediculous prices. Point if this game started without plat bought gold the money wouldnt be out there yet to pay these prices atm. People would try and prob not even come close to how it is now in auction. One mill for best item? Your tellin me if people didnt purchase gold u think u can farm one mill gold they way gold and items sell the junk ones right now that fast? Comon

Bashem
12-05-2012, 04:55 PM
In any game the more money floating around the more people charge for stuff the problem is here the people with alot of cash to blow basicaly set the prices if anyone undercuts somone it not by that much. Bob sells best war weapon on auction for 1000000. Tim comes along to put up same weapon checks auction sees bob lowers his to 999000 because when jim come to buy that weapon hes gona buy the cheaper even if by 1 gold. The rich set the price the poor suffer far from even because plat bought gold.

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 05:08 PM
In any game the more money floating around the more people charge for stuff the problem is here the people with alot of cash to blow basicaly set the prices if anyone undercuts somone it not by that much. Bob sells best war weapon on auction for 1000000. Tim comes along to put up same weapon checks auction sees bob lowers his to 999000 because when jim come to buy that weapon hes gona buy the cheaper even if by 1 gold. The rich set the price the poor suffer far from even because plat bought gold.

This is fundamental supply and demand. It's a natural process that evolves because of itself. You sound like a gazelle complaining because he doesn't have the lion's teeth. At least YOU have an opportunity to farm for what you want and undercut the next guy and with luck it'll happen.

phamtom
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
It's true that plat for gold will make many people quit the game eventually, it's better for STS to sell other functional packages with plat, in long term this will earn STS more money than plat for gold
But I doubt STS will stop it...

Deathpunch
12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
This is fundamental supply and demand. It's a natural process that evolves because of itself. You sound like a gazelle complaining because he doesn't have the lion's teeth. At least YOU have an opportunity to farm for what you want and undercut the next guy and with luck it'll happen.

No, this is fundamental inflation. The massive influx of plat bought gold devalues the currency, resulting in skyrocketing prices. These prices would be no where near what they are without the plat bought gold being brought into the mix because no one could afford them.

-----

Bashem
12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
first thought is to agree. then again the exorbant prices making items unobtainable keeps them in their glory.. doesn't it?

The best items will always cost the most thats not what we are talkin about in any way. Were talkin about the rediculous high prices on items because plat bought gold not what it should be for all players just high prices. Imo the best gear should only be maybe i could be wrong but like 100k? Not one mill its only this way because plat bought gold ruined the economy.

TheAnonymous
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't see how plat bought gold ruined the economy?

If it was allowing them to get something that none of us could get than I could understand.

If you don't like the prices you have the same very odds everyone else does and the ones who are selling it at getting one for yourself with just the cost of maybe some pots.

No one is making you want to buy it from the AH.

Bashem
12-05-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't see how plat bought gold ruined the economy?

If it was allowing them to get something that none of us could get than I could understand.

If you don't like the prices you have the same very odds everyone else does and the ones who are selling it at getting one for yourself with just the cost of maybe some pots.

No one is making you want to buy it from the AH.
Realy? You dont understand how plat bought gold inflates prices and people that cant buy gold get left in the dust? I buy plat ive bought gold and i understand this point clearly. Im not whining i totaly think its bad for the game it seperates players im a plat buyer so if you think im whining because i cant just use cash for what i want your way off. It unbalances the game in a bad way. People that buy and sell will always get alot of money but the prices are rediculous atm.

Muhmota
12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
If you spend the time to run elites and get a good pink from a chest and sell it for current market value. You now have gold to buy the item you need. Only people who have a disadvantage are casual players. And in every mmo casual players never have the best gear since they don't put the time in to achieve it. If you don't put in hours everyday farming elites to get items to sell. You shouldn't expect to get high end gear. It takes work. People who bought gold inflated the economy and supported the developers. Now that gold is easily in your reach. To buy the high price items. Takes effort to run back to back elites but you will get high value items to sell.

CosmoxKramer
12-05-2012, 07:45 PM
they should try to balance the gold drops, selling item prices, and increase quest gold to offset the Plat for Gold since you know they won't stop selling gold. If they didn't sell gold, someone else would do it against TOS

TheAnonymous
12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Realy? You dont understand how plat bought gold inflates prices and people that cant buy gold get left in the dust? I buy plat ive bought gold and i understand this point clearly. Im not whining i totaly think its bad for the game it seperates players im a plat buyer so if you think im whining because i cant just use cash for what i want your way off. It unbalances the game in a bad way. People that buy and sell will always get alot of money but the prices are rediculous atm.

Please read my comment again seems you didn't read it fully.

I don't see the issue because you can farm the same equiptment. I never used the AH in PL , SL, or DL and I don't plan on using it in AL to buy gear.

I would rather farm it adds to the excitement of actually getting the gear.

Everything except for pets , inventory slots, auction slots are now available to non plat users even the plat armor is now available cheaply.

Who cares what stuff in the AH is there for if you don't want to pay the price farm it it's not like anything in the AH is something that you can't get yourself with a few hp/mp potions.

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not trying to tilt my nose up at the pleebs, (I'm a democrat) but just because you can't afford it doesn't mean it's broken. supply and demand. prices are high because people will pay for it. That's like hating quarters because you have a certain supply of dimes.

If everyone could afford the best nobody would be great.

ShadowGunX
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
"no pain no gain" jst do elite jarl runs with ur frnds. nd if u lcky u may get d elite items costing 500k+.

PYTHON
12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
I think sets already has plans to change the spawn mechanics of Elite Jarl, to me the chest drops ESP elite gold has already decreased.
Guys what I am saying that 1 mil. is ridiculous for an armour or an elite weapon and the maximum auction price could be reduced to say 10,00,000 at the start of the game.
Drops such as kettle are rare and deserves a top price but not like 100 mil. or like the prices of pet drops in DL and dragon items of PL.
The increment should be additional or multiplicationally not exponentially!

anshdoc
12-06-2012, 02:19 AM
The rate of the drop in auction determines the importance of the drops, so I think it should continue to be as it is.
Also plat money is first time good in sts games, at least we get value for our money.
Supremo 16 sorcerer
http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/4/2/7/9/2/5342792ZnCCg.png (http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php)

Energizeric
12-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Yes it does when u have people buying hundreds of thousands in gold with plat people know others have the gold to pay rediculous prices. Point if this game started without plat bought gold the money wouldnt be out there yet to pay these prices atm. People would try and prob not even come close to how it is now in auction. One mill for best item? Your tellin me if people didnt purchase gold u think u can farm one mill gold they way gold and items sell the junk ones right now that fast? Comon

I think I could farm enough gold to get started merching and then merch my way to 1m within a couple of weeks. I've been playing 3-4 days now and already made around 45k from merching.

PYTHON
12-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't think its that easy one has to be quite lucky to get good drops out of that chests:-)

PYTHON
12-07-2012, 11:29 PM
One thing i really love was the vorpal sword, but what can I say they nerfed it! So enjoy while u can.

anshdoc
12-14-2012, 06:08 AM
As I wait for the new content, I am seriously wondering what the prices of new items in Cs would be like?
also whether any new pets would be added.
and what would one do to get more free plat to try out luck on new plat weapons bundle.
and of course the PvP.

Lovee
12-14-2012, 08:52 AM
No platinum means more hardwork :( Like a LOT more..

Astrocat
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
No platinum means more hardwork :( Like a LOT more..

http://www.media.myigrad.com/images/career/Contrarian%20thinking%20in%20your%20job%20search.j pg