PDA

View Full Version : Platinum problem

Frago
09-15-2010, 05:03 AM
hi, earlier a couple days ago i purchased 5 platinum fine. Today i tried to purchase 30 platinum and an error came up saying 'Trial accounts can not make purchases' Can anyone guide me on how to solve this problem?

Royce
09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
You have to verify your PL account. The fact that you were able to buy plat before verifying was a bug they patched yesterday. To verify, find the email that was sent to you when you started your account. If you can't find it, you can have it resent through forgot password on the sign in screen.

Futumsh
09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
If you're using a trial account, you'll need to register it first. There's a 'Register' button at the bottom of the login screen when you first start up. You'll also get access to the dark forest campaigns for free when registering.

Mala
09-15-2010, 10:22 AM
If you're using a trial account, you'll need to register it first. There's a 'Register' button at the bottom of the login screen when you first start up. You'll also get access to the dark forest campaigns for free when registering.

So trial accounts no longer have to confirm e mail to buy plat? All they have to do is confirm the trial account through the login screen to buy plat?

Futumsh
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
No, they have to register the account and verify it.

Mala
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
No, they have to register the account and verify it.

Register account through login screen AND verify email to buy Plat?

Im sorry im not quite understanding you. :(

Justg
09-15-2010, 11:01 AM
You must register your account with an email address. You must then verify that account from that email address so we know you are a real person. Then you can buy plat.

Futumsh
09-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Here's a longer explanation then...

There are essentially 3 levels of account:

Trial - device locked, not associated with any email address, can't purchase platinum.
Registered, but unverified - associated with an email address, but the address has not been verified, can't purchase platinum.
Registered, verified - associated with an email address, address has been verified, able to purchase platinum, and gets the dark forest campaign on login if they don't already have it.

Anonyy
09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
i have the registered/verified account an i am having problems even though i previously bought platinum, help