PDA

View Full Version : A Few Ideas

Minties
12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
UPDATED 08/12/2012 (DD/MM/YY)

Initially posted this in the What OTHER things would you like to see in Arcane Legends? (Free-Content) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77502-What-OTHER-things-would-you-like-to-see-in-Arcane-Legends-(Free-Content)) thread, but sorta realised it doesn't exactly fit the "Free Content" aspect, so I'm posting them here instead.

Implement a number of different items that allow players to give their equipment stat bonuses. This would add versatility to the game. Maybe call them enchantment stones or something. Different stones would give a different stat bonus. The boost in stat would be dependent on the rarity of the stone. Allow only 1 enchantment per item, but allow players to remove the stone for a fee (platinum or gold). You could also make it so that players can trade a certain number of same rarity stones in exchange for a single, next rarity stone (for example, 5 normal stones for 1 rare stone, 5 rare stones for 1 epic stone, 5 epic stones for 1 legendary stone).

Stat and Skill Respec. Maybe 15,000 gold for either a Stat or Skill Respec, or 25,000 gold for both.

A different party system. Allow players to create 1 person parties, which would allow people to go solo. Let players choose the option of running their party with randoms, or only on their own. This will mean that if you're in a party of 3, for example, you'll still be able to have 4 players on the map. Helpful if you can't find enough players to party with you. Remember that this would be an option, and you can still choose not to run with randoms.

Remove the resetting of bosses. Instead, when the bosses are no longer aggressive, have them heal a percentage of their health per second (maybe 1 or 2 percent per second).

Add the "Show Stats" button when in the Trade window. When people offer items to trade, we'll be able to see what it does to our stats.

Add a confirmation window to anything that costs platinum. For obvious reasons.

When pets level up, give them full happiness. Not something major, but would make sense.

Change normal chat to local chat, seen only by players in the field of view, and add a map wide chat as a command.

Elixirs for your companion (XP, damage, etc.).

Add an option to the auction to sort items by a certain stat (damage, strength, intelligence, dexterity, dodge, critical and armor).

Command to check server time. It'll let people check when the daily quests reset.

Allow us to talk to NPCs even when enemies are nearby.

Remove the option to buy gold with platinum. Instead, make it so we are able to convert platinum into an item, where when used gives us platinum, and make this item trade-able. With this system in place, people can buy platinum, and then convert it to some platinum coin, for example, which they can then sell to other players for gold. It'll allow players to essentially buy gold with platinum, without the flooding. Note how this would allow you (the developers) to make platinum exclusive items on par with (or better than, although this would not be preferred) normal items as everyone would now have access to platinum.

Make Elite give a higher amount of XP and drop higher amounts of gold.

For any map that has a timer, give bonus XP and maybe gold for the completion of that map.

Revert timer back to original. Currently, hitting an object seems to start the timer. My pet attacks an object that is located near the spawn, triggering the timer almost as soon as I enter, stopping anyone else from entering the map. I'm not up for soloing elite.

They're mostly only general ideas. If you don't like some of the ideas or have something to add to or change about them, please let me know. Feedback would be appreciated.

I'll be adding more whenever new ideas come up.

Bashem
12-05-2012, 01:55 PM
I like most of it actualy. Nice ideas id rather em just remove gold for plat entirely only crutch this game has.

Minties
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to find a way for them to still earn money. If you give people the option to buy gold off other players with platinum coins, then there's no random gold being thrown into the economy, and it'll still encourage people to purchase platinum. The main problem was the random gold being thrown in, and with this it's practically gone.