PDA

View Full Version : Your Theories.

Cascade
12-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I would be interested to know what the community thinks of the new classes that are going to be released later this month. If you have not seen, the fox is a ranger and the rhino is a paladin. I'm thinking the ranger will be a mix of dex and int. The rhino, pure strength. The fox looks female to me anyone else notice that? What are your theories?

-Discuss.

Lowlyspy
12-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Judging by the name, i'm thinkin with paladin is gonna be str/int.

Cascade
12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Judging by the name, i'm thinkin with paladin is gonna be str/int.

Usually when a game puts up a name like 'Ranger' they usually specialize in traps and pets.

EDIT: Which is kinda ironic since the characters are pets/animals.

Lowlyspy
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Idk, sounds more like a long range archer to me. But it is holding dual knives in that pic so it could be compareable to the rogue in AL.

Cascade
12-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Idk, sounds more like a long range archer to me. But it is holding dual knives in that pic so it could be compareable to the rogue in AL.

Yeah usually rangers have a bow, set up traps, and ambush the enemy so to speak. They use their traps to slow the enemy down so they can kill them before they reach them.

Register
12-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Im not too open to the new classes. I'm perfectly fine with the three we have :/ I guess I'm just afraid of change.

MightyMicah
12-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't have any theories as of yet. I'm glad there are new classes for sure! I just really, really hope that pvp doesn't get screwed over. Again.

j0rdantran
12-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Pvp going to be interesting

Rot
12-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Can anyone explain what " 2 new ranks FOR ALL EXISTING CLASS SKILLS " mean?

Register
12-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Can anyone explain what " 2 new ranks FOR ALL EXISTING CLASS SKILLS " mean?

It might mean that the skill point cap will be 9 instead of 7

Rot
12-05-2012, 09:57 PM

For Rhino and Fox? Ehmergerd.

Lowlyspy
12-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah usually rangers have a bow, set up traps, and ambush the enemy so to speak. They use their traps to slow the enemy down so they can kill them before they reach them.

Say what? I thought rangers talk to robots and giant holographic faces and use giant robots to fight baddies?

Mage till the end
12-05-2012, 10:42 PM
When pvp fails, add two more classes.

Heroelite
12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Ranger I would think is str dex due to the melee two handed weapon. But primarily dex. My guess is that the starting stats of ranger will be 4 str 5 dex 1 int, and the paladin 6 str 2 int 1 dex. Just a prediction lol.

Roberto077
12-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Ranger (fox or wolf) = ninja. High dps and dodge but very low health and mana
Palidan (Rhino guy) = holy warrior. High health, mana, and armor with strong ability power but lacks attack speed and base damage.

Hope this helps if they are actually rangers and palidans (idk if they are yet)

Thelastblink
12-05-2012, 11:56 PM
This is pl!? Or al!?

razerfingers
12-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I think the rhino is going to be better pure str. May be the gap between full str behrs so they throw in a new class that makes behr outta place. And also this may be a part in balancing out the forgotten bows? Lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Thelastblink
12-06-2012, 12:03 AM
ITS PL!!! WOW!!! AWEEESOME! and yeah. Hope it balances the forgotten bows.... but I sold all my stuff..

vampinoy
12-06-2012, 05:34 AM
My theory is that the ranger wolf will revolve around trapping and damage over time skills while the Rhino Paladin will revolve around reflect damage skills (I'd love to see glass cannon builds kill themselves against a class like this LOL :D)

Suentous PO
12-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I just realized they've been asking us about this stuff for a while.
First there was a thread the y posted asking us what other animals would be cool.
Then TE had that post, what skill combos do you like (st/dex ect)
Who knows, I hope Raz is right and they finally make a viable pure st class.

Bous
12-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Might actually try out l15 pvp again

razerfingers
12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I just realized they've been asking us about this stuff for a while.
First there was a thread the y posted asking us what other animals would be cool.
Then TE had that post, what skill combos do you like (st/dex ect)
Who knows, I hope Raz is right and they finally make a viable pure st class.

Im hoping so lol

Shellkaz
12-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Rhino - Paladin, in most RPGs a paladin is a warrior for his chosen deity, he gets special powers from that deity that allow him to perform special spells linked to that particular deity. So I think that the Palladian "should" be str int. however the choice of a rhino and the fact that rhino's are known, for, their charge might indicate that STS has chosen to step away from standard roles and give us a class that actually does well with full, str.

Now on to the Fox - Ranger. Again, sts has stepped away from the norm, technically our archers ARE rangers, they just don't have the name. A ranger is supposed to range out away from the party to track the enemy and whittle their ranks down via long rang attacks, traps and snares. Before the main party runs into the mobs. What we have is what looks more like a rogue,than a ranger, and a rogue is built for light armor, with generally the abilities to pick locks & pockets, find and disable traps and they do well at sneak attacks and back stabbing. Lol I should know, I'm playing one in a table top game now.

Cascade
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Rhino - Paladin, in most RPGs a paladin is a warrior for his chosen deity, he gets special powers from that deity that allow him to perform special spells linked to that particular deity. So I think that the Palladian "should" be str int. however the choice of a rhino and the fact that rhino's are known, for, their charge might indicate that STS has chosen to step away from standard roles and give us a class that actually does well with full, str.

Now on to the Fox - Ranger. Again, sts has stepped away from the norm, technically our archers ARE rangers, they just don't have the name. A ranger is supposed to range out away from the party to track the enemy and whittle their ranks down via long rang attacks, traps and snares. Before the main party runs into the mobs. What we have is what looks more like a rogue,than a ranger, and a rogue is built for light armor, with generally the abilities to pick locks & pockets, find and disable traps and they do well at sneak attacks and back stabbing. Lol I should know, I'm playing one in a table top game now.

Yeah it looks like we have a rogue rather than a ranger hence the dual-wield daggers.

gibol1412
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello. Where is official Announcements about this?

Cascade
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Hello. Where is official Announcements about this?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?128-Spacetime-Insider-Information

gibol1412
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?128-Spacetime-Insider-Information
Thanks. Little late update but I feel much fun about it in game.

Dreuefesie
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Doesn't matter what attributes! As long as they can use a forgotten bow they will do some damage..

Bunnyshoota
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
This is seriously going to screw up everything.

Revenge
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Oh man I already have a feeling that these two classes will do well in PvP. Especially the pally rhino, that class will most definitely be my next endgame. #TEAMRHINO

Seminole
12-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Great so what will this make Dodge for behrs? I see it reaching 90 now. Amazing. Nice way to rebalance game.

ozuce
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
All I know is I'm killing them all

WarTornBird
12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Ozuce. Prepare to be roflstomped by a cute fox.

Lowlyspy
12-06-2012, 11:24 PM

Or it will fix everything. Only time will tell.

Reddwing
12-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Give it a chance! Seriously, such negativity.

MightyMicah
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh man I already have a feeling that these two classes will do well in PvP. Especially the pally rhino, that class will most definitely be my next endgame. #TEAMRHINO

This is actually a very wise post. A full str class would wreck anything. I suppose we can't observe too much right off the bat...still. Good thoughts!

Cascade
12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
True, we can't make any observations until we can test them out which will be soon.

Battlegrinder
12-07-2012, 06:10 PM
The thing that bugs me about the Paladin class that they are introducing is that......we already have one: paladin (aka pally) mages. I suppose this could just be a improved version of the current paladin (more health that mana, tweaked skills focusing more on either damage dealing or party support), but I'm wondering what function paladins will be preforming that isn't already covered by mage paladins. Hopefully, it will turn it cool (though I'm annoyed that they might be building a class that perfectly suits my play style after I already created a pally mage character, and if I like the rhino more than the elf, my elf already has my preferred name on it, So i might have to spend some cash to rename). I real hope this doesn't mean class spefic gear. That would really suck.

From another perspective, I just figured out how to add Alterra into my SL novelization, and how to explain sentient, bipedal bears being one of its inhabitants. Now I have to go back and add rhinos and foxes to the list of inexplicably intelligent creatures, and work them into the story too?! At this point, I might as well just declare that Alterra is actually Corneria, and make it a crossover with starfox......... WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?? WHY??

razerfingers
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM
You guys may be right, or wrong seeing how your build can be anything. Why does it matter if a paladin(technical term) is str/int. Its obvious STS didnt wanna call it a rhino haha same with fox. Just my perception.

Mage till the end
12-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Will be interesting how it all plays out. However $10 rhinos will be op