PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Elite Level Cap and Dragon Vanity Bonuses

Fusionstrike
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
This guide describes how the stat bonuses work for level cap vanities and dragon vanities. It covers how to get the stat bonuses for each set and how to combine them so they can both be used at the same time.

Level Cap Vanity Items
Level cap vanities are earned by achieving the highest level available at each campaign release. These items are available only until the next campaign comes out, discontinuing the previous level cap item.

The level cap vanity items are shown below.

L56 Crown of Persistence (not pictured)
L61 Shield of Hallows (right picture)
L66 Mount Fang Armor (both pictures)
L71 Monarch Helm of Humania (both pictures)
L76 Eye of Eternity (left picture)
L77 Lil' Gorath (not pictured)

How Level Cap Vanity Bonuses Work
It used to be that wearing two or three of these vanities together gave the player a bonus. However, this meant that the vanities always had to be worn to have the bonus active, making lots of players look the same. STS has since made a change so that players could have the bonus without wearing the level cap vanities all the time.

Under the current system, if a player wears any two level cap vanities together, a quest is awarded that allows the player to collect a ring from the Fallen Prince. This ring has the stat bonuses that were previously tied to wearing the vanities. Similarly, wearing any three level cap vanities together awards another quest for a different ring with better bonus stats. There is no longer any bonus for wearing the vanities themselves.

Two items: Ring of Valiance bonus: 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 5 dodge, 50 health, 10 armor
Three items: Ring of Valiant Glory bonus: 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 5 dodge, 50 health, 15 armor

Dragon Vanity Items
Dragon vanity items are legendary drops from Mt. Fang bosses. Unlike the level cap vanities, these items can be stashed and/or sold. An example of the red dragon set is shown below.

In order to obtain a bonus from these vanities, the player must first obtain all the pieces of one color: helmet, armor and pet. (Pets are obtained as purchases from the platinum store.) Then, the set must be crafted with the craft handlers in Blacksmoke Mountain. A picture of the red dragon set crafter, Rosa Phoenix, is shown below.

Crafting the items does two things:

Changes the name from “mystery” to “vanity”, i.e. “Red Dragon Mystery Armor” becomes “Red Dragon Vanity Armor”
Makes the item unable to be sold. It can still be stashed though, so the vanity item and associated stat bonus can be shared across all toons on a single account.

If the player then equips the helm, armor and pet, a ring with bonus stats is awarded, e.g. “Red Ring of the Dragon”. The stats for each colored ring are shown below.

Green Ring of the Dragon: 5% hit, 10 health, 1 H/s, 10 mana, 10 damage, 5 armor
Blue Ring of the Dragon: 5% hit, 10 health, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 10 damage, 5 armor
Red Ring of the Dragon: 5% hit, 1% crit, 10 health, 10 mana, 10 damage, 5 armor
Gold Ring of the Dragon: 5% hit, 1% crit, 10 health, 1 H/s, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 8 damage, 5 armor

Black Dragon Vanity Items
The black dragon vanity items work just like the other colors except that they are obtained differently. These items do not drop from Mt. Fang bosses, but rather were a limited-time item obtainable as drops from the Blacksmoke Mountain preview level. The preview level was available to players who were level 71 before the full Blacksmoke campaign was released and is no longer available. This level had a boss, Dragonet, that dropped helm and armor. There was also a quest in which players could obtain the black dragon vanity pet named Smoke.

The items are regular helms and armors (not vanities) and have str, dex and int types. The word “dragonet” appears in all the item names. The dex set, for example, is named “Dragonet’s Piercing Scales” and “Dragonet’s Piercing Helmet”. The stat requirements are irrelevant for crafting though, because any armor or helm can be crafted into the vanity version. So even if a player can’t wear the item, it can be crafted into the vanity. The crafted versions become “Black Dragon Vanity Armor” and “Black Dragon Vanity Helm” and can no longer be sold (just like the other colored sets). And just like the other sets, wearing the helm, armor and pet awards a ring.

Black Ring of the Dragon: 5% hit, 1% crit, 12 health, 1 H/s, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 10 damage, 5 armor

One thing to note is that the vanity pet Smoke cannot be sold or traded, so anyone who missed getting one from the preview level is unable to get that dragon pet. However, the gold dragon Midas acts as a wildcard that activates the bonus for any set, including black, so those who missed out on Smoke can still complete the black set by buying the plat dragon pack. Midas is a random award in the pack, so it may be necessary to buy the pack multiple times to obtain it.

Combining Level Cap Vanities and Dragon Vanities
One potential problem with having stats always tied to rings is that there is only one ring slot, meaning you can’t wear both a level cap ring and a dragon vanity ring at the same time. However, you can craft the two together into a single ring to get the benefits of both simultaneously. Unfortunately, this can only be done with the Ring of Valiant Glory (the one for having 3 cap items) and not the Ring of Valiance (2 cap items). Those with the Ring of Valiance have to choose which ring to wear and cannot have both at the same time.

To combine the rings, go to the same dragon set crafter used to craft the dragon vanities. There is an option to craft the combined ring, e.g. Red Ring of Valiant Glory. As long as you have both the dragon ring and the valiant glory ring, you simply choose that crafting option, buy the recipe (for 31337 coins), and create the new combined ring. You can also get the original Ring of Valiant Glory back again by simply wearing the three elite cap vanities. (I tried wearing the dragon vanities again to get the dragon ring back, but that didn’t seem to work, at least not for the black dragon set I have.)

Noodleleg
12-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Edit old post much ._.? Anyways... Good job XD!

Heroelite
12-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Oh you said anyone without smoke is unable to get the Black dragon ring but I heard Mitas works too.

Montanabro
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Very informative. Thank you. I'll be sending a "thanks" your way once I get another one to use.

Fusionstrike
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Oh you said anyone without smoke is unable to get the Black dragon ring but I heard Mitas works too.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. If someone can confirm this I'll update the guide. If so it's good news for those who missed the preview.

Fusionstrike
12-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Well if someone can confirm using Midas to get the black set ring I'll add it to the guide.

Extreme
12-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Edited post ,,, good joobbb

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Nice guide!

Everyone'sFavMage
01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
A few mistakes I noticed, 5 hit is added for all dragon sets not just black. Also 10 health and 10 mana is added for red green blue and red sets. Good guide

vle_hoang
02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
If the player then equips the helm, armor and pet, a ring with bonus stats is awarded, e.g. “Red Ring of the Dragon”. The stats for each colored ring are shown below.

Green Ring of the Dragon: 1 H/s, 10 damage, 5 armor
Blue Ring of the Dragon: 1 M/s, 10 damage, 5 armor
Red Ring of the Dragon: 1% crit, 10 damage, 5 armor
Gold Ring of the Dragon: 1% crit, 1 H/s, 1 M/s, 8 damage, 5 armor

they also have 5% hit

Fusionstrike
02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Edited original post to add missing parts of the dragon set bonus. Also added note that black set can be completed with Midas for those who didn't get Smoke.

Extreme
02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Edited original post to add missing parts of the dragon set bonus. Also added note that black set can be completed with Midas for those who didn't get Smoke.

Nice

EDIT: show me mitas on black dragon sometime :)?

Crashy
03-28-2013, 02:34 AM
I appreciate the time in writing this
And find this very helpful.
Maybe show use how Midas works with black set!
Thx!

Zeus
05-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Nice

EDIT: show me mitas on black dragon sometime :)?

It works, I have mitas and black set.

vvishy
08-08-2013, 06:51 PM
It works, I have mitas and black set.

Cool guy over here ^^ :3

quantionus
09-15-2013, 10:59 AM
mitas and black ring??? so i can have a black ring with mitas set and black pet???

Fusionstrike
09-15-2013, 11:05 AM
mitas and black ring??? so i can have a black ring with mitas set and black pet???

No. Mitas is a "wild card" meaning he completes any color dragon set. So if you wear black (or green or red or blue) dragon helmet and armor, then equip Mitas, you'll get that color set's ring.

quantionus
09-21-2013, 11:19 AM
oh i c ty