PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed for building a high damage rogue

leon2401119
12-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi,guys
I have purchased clever heartseekers of brutality yesterday and increased my damage by about 30 to 40. Now my total damage is about 94
These days I've been seeing rogues with 130 or above damage
And I can't figure it out which equips to purchase to increase my damage more
Anyone with any ideas are appreciated, please list some high damage equips and some details, thanks.

Godkiu
12-06-2012, 09:21 AM
just search the cs
15+lv / keyword: agile

Technique
12-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Make sure your pure dex and buy these rings:

Agile jeweled ring+pendant of brutality

They add 20 dex each and about 13 damage each so that adds almost another 30 damage

primaeva
12-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Potency and Brutality for jewelry.

Potency for Agile Lifethief Weapon (Heartseekers if you want high damage on your char sheet.)

Agile Ranger's for gear, Brutality/Will if you can afford it.

spypeter1
12-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Wait, how about health? Thats a serious problem that a rogue has if they only build a pure dex rogue

mike1298
12-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Potency and Brutality for jewelry.

Potency for Agile Lifethief Weapon (Heartseekers if you want high damage on your char sheet.)

Agile Ranger's for gear, Brutality/Will if you can afford it.

I do more damage with heartseekers. Tested on timed runs.

primaeva
12-08-2012, 08:40 AM

Upon seeing your post, I went to test, once again, Agile Heartseekers of Brutality against Agile Lifethief of Potency.

The Heartseekers hit far faster-- but the Lifethief can do up to 2.5 times the damage of a Heartseeker hit.

It took about 30-40 secs to kill Jarl with the ALP, and about 45-55 with the Heartseekers (about three solo runs each).

I actually want to know what tests you did. Maybe I'm missing something.

Technique
12-08-2012, 05:50 PM

Upon seeing your post, I went to test, once again, Agile Heartseekers of Brutality against Agile Lifethief of Potency.

The Heartseekers hit far faster-- but the Lifethief can do up to 2.5 times the damage of a Heartseeker hit.

It took about 30-40 secs to kill Jarl with the ALP, and about 45-55 with the Heartseekers (about three solo runs each).

Maybe ill buy some of these^ and test it out also, I'm currently using the heartseekers. The lifetheif have decenct damage and the 15% heal seems useful

leon2401119
12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I have 1055 on health and 955 on mana
I think its high enough
So im looking for an item which doesn't lose too much health and mana but increases damage a lot (this is the reason i bought heartseekers:D)

primaeva
12-09-2012, 06:25 AM
I think its high enough
So im looking for an item which doesn't lose too much health and mana but increases damage a lot (this is the reason i bought heartseekers:D)

Ahh okay.

@Technique: the lifethief proc isn't near useful as it sounds :( it only works on charged normal attacks, which we do none of.

mike1298
12-09-2012, 10:42 AM

Damage tests against elite mobs and bosses, solo and with team there. Kill far faster with my heartseekers, auto may hit a little less, not that much lower, but it is faster. Spam skills and auto, don't just do charged attacks.

Also did a few tests duoing elite jarl with another rogue. I was using heart and he was using life. I was consistently outdamaging him and pulling/holding aggro off him. He was pure dex and I had 10 in int, 10 in str, and rest dex.

Also tested soloing regular maps and heart was quicker to clear.

Telb
12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Guys with Aimed shot and Horton my crit is at 27%.
Aimshot, Noxious bolt, throw down smoke and machete/crit the boss to death. Rinse and repeat :)

Only downside is if you don't have a good tank you WILL get aggro.

primaeva
12-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Damage tests against elite mobs and bosses, solo and with team there. Kill far faster with my heartseekers, auto may hit a little less, not that much lower, but it is faster. Spam skills and auto, don't just do charged attacks.

Also did a few tests duoing elite jarl with another rogue. I was using heart and he was using life. I was consistently outdamaging him and pulling/holding aggro off him. He was pure dex and I had 10 in int, 10 in str, and rest dex.

Team fights are not good instances to test weapons. I meant solo as in 1v1 against a boss to get an average of attack and skill damage figures. I used both top end AHB and ALP. Did you use ALP or Clever??

I do not charge my attacks. Likewise, I pull aggro with half Str/half Dex against Heartseeker Rogues.

Regular maps-- heartseekers would definitely clear faster due to faster attack speed and 1-shotting/2-shotting mobs. Not a good measure.

What's your IGN? Maybe I'll just add you.

mike1298
12-10-2012, 06:37 AM

Team fights are not good instances to test weapons. I meant solo as in 1v1 against a boss to get an average of attack and skill damage figures. I used both top end AHB and ALP. Did you use ALP or Clever??

I do not charge my attacks. Likewise, I pull aggro with half Str/half Dex against Heartseeker Rogues.

Regular maps-- heartseekers would definitely clear faster due to faster attack speed and 1-shotting/2-shotting mobs. Not a good measure.

What's your IGN? Maybe I'll just add you.

I said I did many different tests. Solo regular, solo elite, team elite. Yes, solo elite. And had faster times with heart. I use alp and agile brutality for heartseekers.

Ign - who

VVoe
12-10-2012, 07:37 AM
If you want good damage, all you need is Agile Lifesteal of Potency L16

Crystalite
12-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Ideally, a timed solo test on elite jarl would be best to compare dmg for both weapons. As far as possible the same attack sequence should be used for both weapons: shadow veil, noxious, aimed, how many normal attacks before next skill again etc. Assuming this can be done, this test should yield the same conclusions for both of you, or any tester.

Technique
12-11-2012, 12:39 AM
I think its high enough

Ahh okay.

@Technique: the lifethief proc isn't near useful as it sounds :( it only works on charged normal attacks, which we do none of.

aww really? :(
I kinda wish I would of read this about 20 minutes ago, I just hit 16 and bought a L16 agile lifethief of potency.

If the damage is actually better then the heartseekers then its all good, but I kinda was looking forward to the proc.. either ways its all good + the lifethiefs look waaaay awesome in my opinion.

Lovee
12-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Basically, pure dex + agile equipments and all will be good :) Well, at least usually if not always~