PDA

View Full Version : Please add something challenging to PL

Energizeric
12-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Ok, so I was reading another thread and someone posted this:

Gold isn't very easily made by people who don't buy plat regularly. They don't have the option to farm Underworld over and over again. I feel a long quest for the diamond should be implemented. People who don't spend buckets of money on the game would still have a chance to earn crafted gear. To those of you who think the quest shouldn't be added, I want to know why.

So I was writing a response to this post, and decided I wanted to add a new thread about my thoughts on this.....

I really don't care if they add a Red Diamond quest, but I want there to be something in this game that cost many millions of gold and stays that way without folks complaining that something should be done to make it cheaper or more common. Every time they add something that is very rare and hard to get, people post complaining about it, and then STS makes some changes to make it more common and easier to get, and then the price falls.

Here is where I'm at.... I'm a merch and I made most of my money buying and selling items in the CS. I buy plat on occasion, but I'm not a heavy plat spender. I've got a net worth of gear and gold nearing 100m. I want something that will keep me interested in playing PL, because right now I've grown incredibly bored with it. Other than leveling up when they add a new cap, there is no reason for me to farm the dungeons anymore. Everything is so cheap I can just buy a new set if I want it. I even got all the dragon sets now as even they have become somewhat cheap (didn't a dragon set used to cost 20-40m?).

Then a couple of months ago STS added the ichor quest for the elite weapons. Well, that was obviously a bit boring as it was the same thing over and over, not to mention that the reward was an item that was not tradeable. I'd prefer something a little less repetitive with a reward that's tradeable and therefore, has an actual value. BUT....at least it was a challenge!! And even then lots of folks were complaining that it was too hard to do.

Well, I got news for you....Things that are very difficult by definition mean that most people will not be able to do them. If everyone can do it, then it is "easy", not "difficult".

I want STS to add something in this game that will take hard work and lots of time for me to achieve. Instead, they made this "4 day to 76" thing which I did, and now there's nothing for me to do. I can't level anymore because I'm already max level. There is no rare gear for me to buy as I got it all already. I know some players like Hunz just like to collect discontinued items. Sorry, but that is boring to me. I just want them to add some sort of difficult quest or rare gear or something that will take me lots of hard work to either get or achieve.

Apparently "rare" is not understood by most PL players. "Rare" means that most players do not have one and cannot have one. It means there is only a few to go around, so prices will be such that only a very tiny percentage of players can afford. And likely that means that even I won't be able to afford it. But at least I can set a goal and work towards it. Right now I'm just plain bored and spending most of my time in AL, except for about 15 minutes per day where I sign on to check the CS and do a little buying and selling.

OK, END RANT! Any comments?

Multibird
12-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Energ I totally agree, I'm on the similar path as you. But at the same time I also believe that STS is trying to throw in bunch of stuff at us such as; the upcoming elite dungeon, don't forget the new Heroic dungeon that has never taken place before. But that won't last for long. What I want is anything that is very challenging and hard to achieve in the game. Which doesn't change and the difficulty level stays the same forever.

Lowlyspy
12-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Cyber quests i suppose. Then again with a decent team those can be ground out in a day or 2 if you grind non stop :P

LwMark
12-07-2012, 01:48 AM
New heroic dungeon

vle_hoang
12-07-2012, 02:50 AM
If they take off the exp elixir anywhere, it will be already something hard to get to lvl cap. Instead of getting cap in 8h-10h with x9exp (71-76) at Magic Castle, its gonna take abit more time. Then some quests like cyber quest but like 3 times harder and reward should be 1.5 to 2 times better than stuffs that u can bought off cs, it will encourage high lvl players to waste their time to do quest. Or last one, the map like funhouse that you have to do all quest in town to get in, it will encourage peoples to do quest too.

Rot
12-07-2012, 08:15 AM
New heroic dungeon

Exactly. :applause: :D

cookiez
12-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Level from 0-76 with no elixers solo...bet you can't do that. And start pvping if u haven't already, make twinks

Roberto077
12-07-2012, 08:57 AM
A person with an Insider avatar didn't read the Insider forum post to the upcomin PL update..... weird

Energizeric
12-07-2012, 02:25 PM
A person with an Insider avatar didn't read the Insider forum post to the upcomin PL update..... weird

I read it, I just fear that it will be nothing challenging. I saw the words "heroic dungeon" but nobody has actually said what they will be. Sounds like another forgotten-type event. Fun, but not challenging.

And the elite dungeon will be fun I'm sure. When they released Mystery Mash there was only like 2 or 3 elite drops in the first week and then everyone complained and after that the items started to fall like rain. So again, not so rare. You can get the 71 elite items for around 1-2m each. Not enough to interest me. They should have left the drop rate as is.

It's one thing when they have a plat dungeon and then if the items are too rare nobody will pay to enter the dungeon. But Mystery Mash was free. So here's what they should do. Make the regular Lvl71-75 pinks drop in the elite dungeon at the normal rate, but make the elite items super rare. 2 or 3 falling per week sounds good. Then maybe they will be worth like 20m each. That's what I'm looking for, something that's actually rare. Dragon sets used to be that way. Now we need something new.

billybob1
12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I read it, I just fear that it will be nothing challenging. I saw the words "heroic dungeon" but nobody has actually said what they will be. Sounds like another forgotten-type event. Fun, but not challenging.

And the elite dungeon will be fun I'm sure. When they released Mystery Mash there was only like 2 or 3 elite drops in the first week and then everyone complained and after that the items started to fall like rain. So again, not so rare. You can get the 71 elite items for around 1-2m each. Not enough to interest me. They should have left the drop rate as is.

It's one thing when they have a plat dungeon and then if the items are too rare nobody will pay to enter the dungeon. But Mystery Mash was free. So here's what they should do. Make the regular Lvl71-75 pinks drop in the elite dungeon at the normal rate, but make the elite items super rare. 2 or 3 falling per week sounds good. Then maybe they will be worth like 20m each. That's what I'm looking for, something that's actually rare. Dragon sets used to be that way. Now we need something new.

i def hear that...nothing really of value anymore...i liked earing gold to get 56 glyph set when it was so expensive then they *fixed that*...then there went glyph price....then dragon was the next thing to work for..now thats easily attainable...i also have a good amount of gold with nothing to spend it on i buy stuff from cs n give to friends..i overpay for sets lol..cuz what else u do with gold? i like the new ideas coming out..i just hope there is some super rare items to attain

Chopper
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Are people complaining that items are too cheap?

several million gold is not cheap. The gold cap of 9M should indicate that items should not be $25M gold each, like recently with the dragon items. The LVl 71 Elite items came down in price a lot because they are overshadowed by higher level items now, not because everyone farmed one.

If people are complaining that they have too much gold, they can just give it away to the countless beggars populating the game.

Gaunab
12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
PvP

cookiez
12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
i def hear that...nothing really of value anymore...i liked earing gold to get 56 glyph set when it was so expensive then they *fixed that*...then there went glyph price....then dragon was the next thing to work for..now thats easily attainable...i also have a good amount of gold with nothing to spend it on i buy stuff from cs n give to friends..i overpay for sets lol..cuz what else u do with gold? i like the new ideas coming out..i just hope there is some super rare items to attain

Geev meh ur guld plox. Jk yeah i kinda Know how u feel (not really cause I have no money) I liked it when 3 people had a charming set and only like 1 had a Strongman set...oh well

billybob1
12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Geev meh ur guld plox. Jk yeah i kinda Know how u feel (not really cause I have no money) I liked it when 3 people had a charming set and only like 1 had a Strongman set...oh well

lol...ikr?? i was jelly of those people but at least it gave me sumthin to work for. its cool to sum rare sets n items where only a few people have..even if its not me...it just sux when people complain cuz they dont have rare items that only a few do..then the drop rate gets fixed n bye bye rare sets then everybody is the same again....

Ortalan
12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I heartily agree! Worthy, long-term goals are exceedingly rare in PL for any player who had the time and inclination to run a character (or two, or more...) to the level cap of 76 in four days. Leveling to cap once seemed to serve as the major, long-term pursuit for the vast majority of PVE'ers. Now that this is no longer the case, I hope STS will be even more active in developing engaging new content for end-level PVE play. I'll have a blast farming holiday gear and leveling my rhino and fox for a week or two, but I fear I will, soon enough, be wondering what to do with my mains until the next level cap is released....

Suentous PO
12-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Generally I agree with the idea there should be exclusivity, however I believe that sts has maintained that this is a casual game.
I believe it was Sam who posted that there are generally 3 types of players;
Those with time and little money, like many younger players. Then you have folks like us. I believe you mentioned you work and are a few years older than some ( like me), so we may have more real life money and less time than some "kids". Then you have the in between.
I think sts is allways trying to balance what is attainable for all three types of player, which makes having exclusivity a difficult objective for devs to balance.
As you know once something is rare many object to what seems unattainable.
I think there may simply be more of the casual players than us, and there's allways threads complaining about what they perceive as unfair.
Although I want what you do, I think we are outnumbered. That does not mean I think there should not be exclusivity, I just think they try to appease the majority (makes sense).

Riccits
12-10-2012, 05:14 AM
i like the currency system in WoW. theres a minor and major currency for buing PVE and PVP gear (wich are separated!!) for the minor one u can buy gear at a vendor and for the better one (wich is harder to gain) u buy better stuff. since the last patch u can upgrade ur equip with this too. theres also a weekly limit, so that the progress of ur char is kept slow.
mayb implementi in PL something u collect by killing bosses and afterwards u can buy some pink at a vendor. or buy some epic stuff wich is upgradeable to pink.
i would like systems in PL where every bosskill is rewarded, so if u not get pinks, at least u get something.

ZHEOTARE
12-10-2012, 11:09 AM
In all honesty the problem is elixers, not the content.

Elixers to raise luck, xp gained, where to gain xp, speed, armor, attack, etc it what is killing this game.

The drop rates are fine, but with people farming with shamrock on a daily basis, it causes the drop rates to look high. The last few levels were hard, but with the thrasher, a team flies right through them.

Not to mention there is way too much gold in PL.

That's the reason I'm never on PL anymore, and can't get into AL.

Chopper
12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
In all honesty the problem is elixers, not the content.

Elixers to raise luck, xp gained, where to gain xp, speed, armor, attack, etc it what is killing this game.

The drop rates are fine, but with people farming with shamrock on a daily basis, it causes the drop rates to look high. The last few levels were hard, but with the thrasher, a team flies right through them.

Not to mention there is way too much gold in PL.

i was thinking the same thing. Elixirs make everything easier and distort the mechanics of the game. If you had to grind to 100k XP without elixirs, people would NOT be complaining of not having any challenge any more. Same with luck elixirs.

But the elixirs is the revenue of STS so that is the business model that supports the game so there's no easy answer.

How about a special Lvl 77 that can only be attained before the next campaign by grinding WITHOUT elixirs? And a special prize item if you can do it.

Multibird
12-10-2012, 08:52 PM
heroic Dungeon, the end.

Bunnyshoota
12-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Zombie horde/ survival mode. You and 4 friends stay in a room, with waves coming at you. Leaderboards for most waves endured/ fastest kill time!

FFA pvp. First to 59.

小孩子
12-11-2012, 01:01 AM
I find reaching 76 a challenge ._.

Venco
12-11-2012, 09:18 AM
yea getting to 76 without elixers is a challenge, you can make the game more fun by yourself, you can buy everything as long you have got alot of money to spend on platinum.

Suentous PO
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Now after playing AL, I don't see why Pl couldent also have an elite mode.

Multibird
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Now after playing AL, I don't see why Pl couldent also have an elite mode.

IKR