PDA

View Full Version : Weapon or good pet?

Autumn
12-07-2012, 09:03 AM
So after a week or so i saved up to 80k of gold. I just don't know what to buy first, a good weapon or a good pet ex. Flap jack etc.. Any opinions? Or i just save more until i buy clever rod of assault?

And another thing, planning to respec my character. Any tips on what skills to upgrade? Planning to be hybrid, good in mobs but also good in boss.

Tnx! :)

Montanabro
12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
So after a week or so i saved up to 80k of gold. I just don't know what to buy first, a good weapon or a good pet ex. Flap jack etc.. Any opinions? Or i just save more until i buy clever rod of assault?

And another thing, planning to respec my character. Any tips on what skills to upgrade? Planning to be hybrid, good in mobs but also good in boss.

Tnx! :)

I would save your money until the new patch is released in about a week. At that point level 16 items will lose some value.

Lovee
12-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Weapons would be a better buy since pets have happiness level and stuffs. You could use the weapon without worrying about it and based on the price weapon gives much more advantages. You should save for level cap raise though.

Reggin
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
A good pet is never obsolete!

Energizeric
12-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I had the same dilemna last night, but slightly different. I beat the boss at Rook's Nest (regular dungeon, not the elite dungeon) and got the Flap Jack egg dropped to me. This is my first really good drop. Previous to this the only pink drop I've gotten in a week of playing was another egg for the pet "Dreary". The Dreary egg was only worth about 3-5k at the time so I opened it and added the pet to my stable.

With the Flap Jack egg being worth around 70k, this would more than double my total gold, so I considered selling it and using the money to save for more elite gear. But in the end after considering my options, I decided it would be a better decision to just open it and add Flap Jack to my stable. And so far I'm not regretting the decision. With Flap Jack I find I use way less potions as he adds a ton of health and mana regen. I also read other posts that say he is the best pet. I don't know if that is true or not, but he is surely my best pet so far.

ShadowGunX
12-08-2012, 01:34 AM
yup flap is one of the bst pet coz its has highest bonus dmg% (+15%) ; highest hp regen (+8) nd highest mana regen (+8).

primaeva
12-08-2012, 02:22 AM
A good pet is never obsolete!

^This. Although a Flap Jack's static 8HP/MP will lose a little relevance as we continue levelling, the 15% is still solid-- and the AoE stun if employed correctly can save you and your party some potions.

Pets are far better investments-- but always be on the lookout for a huge weapon upgrade that comes cheap. At the very least, you can flip the auction. (I flipped my way from my first 4k Golden Chest to 150k for entry-level elite gear and a solid pet.)

Mij101
12-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Loki > Flap Jack? Im debating which would be more usefull

Energizeric
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Flap jack also hits pretty hard for a pet, and lands a decent amount of critical hits, somewhat useful at bosses.

Chanyu96
12-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Kettle > Loki AHAHAHAHHA they are 1.5million gold in AH, which is pointless lol

Babbare
12-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Many of the level 16 gear will easily get replaced with even a level 21 Epic. 16 Endgame-Pinks won't even be close to the new one. Nature of games.