PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] A Rogue's Life

Lovee
12-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Rogues are fragile and could easily die however they are able to deal great amount of damage in a short time. What they lacks in crowd control is greatly made up for in single target fights.

Pros and Cons

+ Good damage
+ High dodge and critical rates

- Costly to play
- Lack of AOE skills
- Low health and mana

Rogue Builds

Pure DEX

This ensures you awesome damage, high dodge and critical rates. However, it makes you very prone to dying due to the lack of health. This could easily be solved with good equipments that gives you STR and DEX. It will cover for your lack of health and further increase your damage, dodge and critical. This is definitely the build you want when you are in the later part of the game. Do note that this is a pretty costly build to play.

Hybrid, STR + DEX

A less costly build compared to pure DEX since you will have decent health at the loss of lesser damage. You won't have to use as much potions and rush for good equipments. This is only good for the early part of the game as damage is still your main focus.

Tips: You could play Hybrid at the early part of the game to save money and to keep your deaths at minimum. Respec (5 platinum) after you have your decent equipments. This works pretty well too.

Skills

I won't be listing out all the skills as you could easily read up on them in the game. Remember to keep to four skills since anything more than four is a waste since you can't hotkey it.

Basically this are the three skills that you should have.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/thLullaby/D2ECDDE8-5C86-4CA6-A38E-A87E2FCE2017-5914-0000002855A823E3.jpg

Shadow Piercer
Your only decent multi target skill

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/thLullaby/A368BC8C-4044-471F-9B37-4664BF93699B-5914-0000002850F22270.jpg

Aimed Shot
Insane critical damage

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/thLullaby/09035E6E-EBFE-49BE-9FB1-A691CB685207-5914-000000285962B53F.jpg

Shadow Veil
Makes you stronger / your enemy weaker

Tips: You do no have to add every kill to 5/5. Pick the ones you find most useful. Differs person to person. Here is an example you can use. Shadow Piercer - Forgo Rising Death, Shadow Veil - Forgo Combustion Decay. The two skills mentioned are pretty useless therefore you could save two skill points to add to other skills that are useful to you. Maybe Noxious Bolt / Combat Medic.

This guide is still pretty new and will be updated whenever there are new updates or when the need arises. Feel free to point out any mistakes that I might have made or simply to add on details that I had missed out on. Hopefully, this guide have answered your questions.

If you have any further questions, do leave a reply below. Have a lovely day ahead~

Lovee
12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Reserved for future use~

Tuik
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I would like an in-depth guide to the skills. I've tried to figure out a good build skills-wise but I'm still unsure how useful certain skills are. Aimed Shot seems to be good(does my crit really do 650 damage sometimes?!), I really like Shadow Piercer and I seem to survive better with Combat Medic at my disposal even though I don't often use it. It's a good skill to support my party, too, though.

The rest of the skills, apart from the bomb, I haven't found useful but it may be because I don't know how/when to use them.

Lovee
12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I'll try to add an in-depth skill guide by tommorrow. Yes, you could deal more than 600 critical damage with aimed shot provided you have a strong weapon + pure DEX. Aimed shot deals 250% damage if it's a critical hit. Combat medic could be your forth skill but at later part of the game you would not have enough time to cast it / pick up your health packs. For now when there's still no PvP or updates that could affect what skills to use. Shadow piercer, Shadow Veil, Aimed Shot and one more skill of your choice would be good enough.

Vystirch
12-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Ok Love I am a high lvl rouge and have tried these build: full str, full dex, str and dex. By far my favorite build is full dex. Just some notes n these builds:

Full str: *want a dex/attack pet
+You don't die very quick at all, but you do receive every single hit
+This build is meant to be aoe (ill explain an area of effect rouge latter, they are awesome!)
+You don't pull agro if ever :)

-stuff doesn't die! At least not fast enough for what a rouge is capable of
-even though you have tons of hp you don't dodge anything... You get hit ever time.
-you will feel like a warrior in a woman's body, this can be good if you like warriors. But I don't.
-you don't have tanking skills, so why do this? Idk but I tried it.....
-can cost a lot

Full dex: *you want a str/armor pet, str pet is better, I recommend hazel
+wicked attack!
+wicked dodge!
+more critical hits!
+best for single targets, can aoe but you need certain items for hp.

-pulls agro :(
-low hp
-can cost a lot without good team and right skills
-not meant to be aoe, but I play aoe :)

Str and Dex: *what ever your build requires hp or damage or mana
+can stay alive most of the time
+decent attack
+decent dodge
+decent critical chances
+aoe build or single target build both work fine

-has chance to pull agro
-mediocre at everything

Ok so that is a run down of the builds I've tried. Now for power builds:

Single target(boss build): *easier build than aoe, but take lots of mana expensive
aimed shot *huge damage, boss killer
Shadow piercer *great damage to 3 targets, you want to make it hit 3....
Nox bolt *this helps with bosses fine,but I'd your mob clearer till you get to boss
Combat medic *upgrade however you want

Aoe build(mobs): *this build takes practice, but doesn't use much mana
Combat medic *upgrade to max
Shadow veil *just a help sometimes
Trap *best aoe for rouge
Razor shield *you want to make sure you have the dodge skill

Hope this help feel free to ask questions.

Lovee
12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Very informative :) Will add on to the thread.

Vystirch
12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Very informative :) Will add on to the thread.

Great you can copy and paste or do what ever you want with it.

Asahetek
12-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Im more of balanced build keeping 15-30 example 35-65-15 and use gear to tailor to what i want, the only real problem i have i mana regain not damage nor kills. Its not a build would only recomend if it works for you l. I wanted higher health incase i need to tank or when im helping people level up, and if tanks cant keep agro. Might not be for everyone.

My skill set is shadow piercer with leading dager shadow absortion gougeing rush, razzor shield bleed and durration, entanglement bleed combustion tank and aimed shot maxed.

Lovee
12-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Im more of balanced build, the only real problem i have i mana regain not damage nor kills. Its not a build would only recomend if it works for you l. I wanted higher health incase i need to tank or when im helping people level up, and if tanks cant keep agro.

My skill set is shadow piercer, razzor shield, entanglement, and aimed shot.
Whatever works for you :) Differs person to person. However, with good equips you'll easily have 1k plus health even when you play pure DEX. Unless you want to hit 2k health? I would play Warrior as opposed to Rogue then.

Asahetek
12-08-2012, 02:41 AM
I might adjust it at some point, i enjoy playing as a rogue an have over 45,000 kills so really how i play suits me and there are dex weapons and armour. I still doing good ammount of damage and dps from skills.

As i said its not a style of play for everyone, and felt like puting my input here. There are many differnt builds for varrious classes if you use what ever works for you.

Might make an alt warrior but dont really see the need to, so i would have high, good damage + dps and armour dont really see a problem.

Lovee
12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
I might adjust it at some point, i enjoy playing as a rogue an have over 45,000 kills so really how i play suits me and there are dex weapons and armour. I still doing good ammount of damage and dps from skills.

As i said its not a style of play for everyone, and felt like puting my input here. There are many differnt builds for varrious classes if you use what ever works for you.

Might make an alt warrior but dont really see the need to, so i would have high, good damage + dps and armour dont really see a problem.
Yea totally :)

Nicusor1992
12-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice guide!But i use something diffrent, a secret build btw!!

wyzteds
12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info, was really useful ;)

Lovee
12-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info, was really useful ;)
Thanks! That made my day :)

Catwomann
12-08-2012, 03:38 PM
These are my stats, health isn't very low. Also dex is very high. I kept intelligence low cause I just need 500 and with malison I have 500, also with malison I have 1200+ health and even higher dodge, bonus damage is 200% nearly and crit is also very high.

This is a new account, old one didn't had so good specs, so I made this new one. In old one I had nearly 700 deaths and 15k kills. In this one, 5k kills and 7 deaths(4 cause of ping!!! Hate their and my sucking internet!!!). Will try to reach leaderboards with this new account in one-two weeks( have exams from 14th).

Also u should not use aimed shot, it snatches agro from mediocre-and even some very good warriors. U should use noxious bolt. Also medic should be 4th skill.

Lovee
12-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't think I'll sacrifice the damage Aimed Shot gives just cause it steals agro from the warriors. Just get a better tank. Compared to Noxious, Aimed Shot takes half the time to down the boss. It's totally your choice though :)

Catwomann
12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't think I'll sacrifice the damage Aimed Shot gives just cause it steals agro from the warriors. Just get a better tank. Compared to Noxious, Aimed Shot takes half the time to down the boss. It's totally your choice though :)
Noxious bolt also gives damage for 8-10 seconds, per second so equals to aimed shot. :)

Lovee
12-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Noxious bolt also gives damage for 8-10 seconds, per second so equals to aimed shot. :)
In that 8 - 10 seconds I could easily get at the very least 5 Aimed Shot in. They can't be compared at all :) But let's stop talking about this. Could go on for ages. If you actually caculated the end damage, it's a huge difference.

Limsi
12-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Loving the thread, keep posted people :)

zweixii
12-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Great thread and contribution from others, I'm hoping to respec my rogue soon and have taken some pointers from this guide.

I'm planning to go pure Dex but before doing it would like to know if it possible to achieve 1K HP and 400 armour with good equipments (excluding pets bonus)? and how does pure Dex build fare in Elite maps?

I have some questions regarding some skill upgrades.
Shadow Veil – Is the damage from Combusting Decay worth the skill point?
Noxious Bolt – Similar to above, does the added damage from Serrated Arrowhead worth the skill point?
Shadow Piercer - Does the 10% armour reduction from Gouging Rush work on bosses?

Hoping STS will do a free respec day so I can test each skills but until then, hope other veteran rogue will answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

Catwomann
12-10-2012, 10:26 AM
In shadow veil u should spend 4/5 skill points. Leave the one where the bomb explodes when finished.

In shadow pierce, leave the 10% armor reduction one (I have never seen it working, seems buggy or if its working then it doesn't work on bosses) and also leave the one which says that it will do additional small attacks once done with main attack. So 3/5 on this.
Noxious bolt - spend 5/5 skill points. And rest three on health medic, additional 1 medic pack, and the one which increases ur health when charged.

Lovee
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Great thread and contribution from others, I'm hoping to respec my rogue soon and have taken some pointers from this guide.

I'm planning to go pure Dex but before doing it would like to know if it possible to achieve 1K HP and 400 armour with good equipments (excluding pets bonus)? and how does pure Dex build fare in Elite maps?

I have some questions regarding some skill upgrades.
Shadow Veil – Is the damage from Combusting Decay worth the skill point?
Noxious Bolt – Similar to above, does the added damage from Serrated Arrowhead worth the skill point?
Shadow Piercer - Does the 10% armour reduction from Gouging Rush work on bosses?

Hoping STS will do a free respec day so I can test each skills but until then, hope other veteran rogue will answer my questions. Thanks in advance.
Cat have answered your questions regarding the skills. As to how pure dex Rogue fares in Elite.. Hmms.. I guess it's just like anywhere else you'll need a good warrior to tank. Bosses in Elite will still kill you easily in a few hits, maybe even one. Rogues are not supposed to tank. However, you'll be the one dealing the most damage to the boss. How fast the kill / run is depends on you, mostly :)

Asahetek
12-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Durring the free respec period im going to test some differnt builds and skill sets.

Lovee
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
That would be a great idea :)

Asahetek
12-17-2012, 06:55 PM
The new rogue skill looks very intersting its called shadow storm shot and its an aoe.

Lovee
12-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Can't wait for the coming update :)

Limsi
12-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Excited for the new skills, let's all welcome it with a smile!