PDA

View Full Version : Samurai

Psyche
12-07-2012, 02:09 PM
“If one is but secure at the foundation, he will not be pained by departure from minor details or affairs that are contrary to expectation. But in the end, the details of a matter are important. The right and wrong of one's way of doing things are found in trivial matters.”
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure

SAMURAI

Namaskar, AL community! Allow me to formally introduce the Samurai of Arcane Legends. Samurai can be considered a guild in the sense that it is an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal, but really it should considered a title of honor granted to those who embody the Bushidō ideal, or "the way of the warrior." Among our principles are the following:

* We are among the most well-trained and expertly skilled players of not only Arcane Legends, but, in most cases, all of the STS family of games. We are students of the game, and are highly knowledge of all aspects, yet we are humble in our never-ending pursuit to continually learn and strive for excellence.

* We serve our Daimyo (master) with absolute loyalty, even to the death. Within the context of Arcane Legends, however, Daimyo is an abstract concept which can take many forms. It can be another player, the community, a goal to be attained, the NPCs we quest for in-game, and even ourselves. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide for themselves what this means. It should be noted that the word samurai itself means "those who serve."

* A real man (or woman) does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death.

* We do not and will not have ranks. All are treated equally. By default, I am the guild master, but when a player joins Samurai, he or she will enjoy no more or less privilege than any other member.

* We fully realize that AL is simply a game and nothing more. Real life pursuits always take precedent. Despite what it may sound like, we don't take ourselves too seriously and play this game for fun. We believe that "samurai" is simply a concept and general outlook on life, and we have no illusions about ourselves.:)

This intent of this post is simply to introduce ourselves and our philosophy to the community, as we are not actively seeking members, nor will we be publicly recruiting in-game or out. Invitation will be extended to those who have been unanimously voted by all Samurai members. There are no level requirements or other prerequisites for joining, but most likely if you've attracted our attention, it's because you've demonstrated a high level of proficiency and are an upstanding member of the community. If you see us in-game, feel free to PM, friend request, etc, but please do not ask for an invitation. If we'd like you to be one of us, we'll ask you. We strive for quality, not quantity. Becoming a large guild is not a concern. In fact, we prefer membership to be small and selective.

Furthermore, once a Samurai, always a Samurai. Members are free to leave and join other guilds, and will be always be welcomed back if they choose. Being a Samurai isn't about the guild itself. Members who disgrace themselves and the Samurai title, however, due to scamming, harassing other players, or any other inappropriate behavior, can be voted out and will be banned permanently.

“The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.”
- Confucius

Thank you for reading, and we'll see you around the world of Arlor!

Regards,
Psyche, the totality of the human mind

Lovee
12-07-2012, 02:18 PM
All the best~

FlameClaw
12-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Good luck with the guild!

Psyche
12-14-2012, 03:35 AM
Thanks, brothers and/or sisters!

Seiyen
12-14-2012, 04:34 AM
I have a toon named samurai:)
All the best guys..

Psyche
02-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Daily wisdom:

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
- Confucius

GoodSyntax
02-13-2013, 09:10 AM
I like the concept of your guild.

Best of luck!

McBain
02-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Hi.

Psyche
02-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Daily wisdom:

Fighting isn't all there is to the Art of War.
- Eiji Yoshikawa

gnome635
04-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Sounds great. Send me an invite in game. Ign is "samuraignome". Thanks.

Psyche
04-14-2013, 05:29 PM
I have you on my friends list samuraignome. look forward to seeing you in game!

Psyche
04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
and some daily wisdom, which I had planned posting every day, but i'm really bad at remembering :tranquillity:

He who knows when he can fight, and when he cannot, will be victorious.
- Sun Tzu