PDA

View Full Version : Archers Read This Post!!! Archers! Archers!!

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM
IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL; READ THIS ENTIRE POST!!

Hi guys, i've been playing for a few weeks now, since a few days after the game started.. and i've come up with a pretty much sure plan on how to make a successful archer.

First things first, be smart about your archer.. especially when and where to place attribute and skill points.

Archers:
You don't need intelligence or strength to be a successful archer. What you need most is dexterity. This effects your damage per second (dps) and your hit and crit %'s. Those of you archers who, for example, have skill points that are like 40 strength, 80 dexterity, 25 intelligence.. you guys are wasted accounts. Basically what you've done is wasted 65 attribute points that could've been put into dexterity. You know who you are. For example:

My archer's stats (level 30) are 2 strength (which is what you start with), 152 dexterity, and 1 intellegence.. and those are my stats with no items equipped. My items buff me up to 3 strength, 158 dex, and 1 int. My damage is 68-82 and my dps is 71, also.. my hit % is 145 and my crit is 26.

My kills:4792
My deaths:54

now, on the other side of the arguement:

A random guy i found, who will remain nameless (out of respect) is level 29, his stats are 35 strength, 78 dexterity, and 35 intelligence. His damage is 46-56 and his dps is 43. His hit % is 110 and his crit is 16.

His kills: 2906
His deaths:182

It really speaks for itself, and its obvious.. he is only 1 level, 1 single level... below me, and his archer doesn't even compare to mine. My stats were better (dps, crit, hit %, etc.) were better than his when i was like level 15. He needs to re-roll his attribute points and fix his character, especially if PvP ever gets put into the game.

As an archer i'm obligated to help each and every one of you, if you want. Please don't post any disrespectful comments trying to tell me i'm wrong, because you'll just waste your time. For those of you who think that i'm wrong, level your account however you wish, and when pvp is implemented into the game.. come find me. Then we'll really test it. :)

Feel free to add me. Friends are great.

Splurd
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
kill death ratio means nothing.

My lvl 24 archer has 1306 kills and 9 deaths.

What does that say about me.
(it says I've been leaching lol)

Also, deaths can be for many reasons, It could be due to his playing style, he rushes into monsters and doesnt pay attention to his health. IT could be because he likes to solo, and thus has a harder time surviving. It could be due to so many things.

Hurs
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah... I agree with the K/D doesn't matter argument :P

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
The kill/death ratio was only a small point in a much bigger picture, but good observation... try focusing on the actual stat breakdown :)

_ck
04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Stats don't mean THAT much compared to how you play the game and what kind of skill level you are at. For all we know this guy you reference might've played a whole lot with a dagger, melee-style, or he just plays for fun and doesn't really care if he dies that often. Theoretically your Full Dex Archer is superior on paper, true, but it hardly means building your archer that way means that you will always be superior to someone who hasn't done a Full Dex Archer.

That said, I think the game would be better and more interesting if the ideal build for each class didn't mean just going full STR/DEX/INT for each class. As it is now the game might just as well add the Attribute points automatically to Dex (if you're an Archer) since there's little reason to do anything differently if you want the (on paper) ideal Archer. It'd certainly be more fun if you had to tinker with all three attributes to come up with the best Archer.

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I agree with that 100%. However, as it stands right now, if you are an archer and you choose to use a bow or crossbow, you should put all of your attribute points into dexterity. This doesn't necessarily apply to all three classes either. The warrior needs both strength and dexterity. He needs a good hit % as well as strength. The Mage is more than likely going to only need intelligence, however other people are coming up with other combinations for different results. This post was only made towards archers that use bow, which I would say is a large percentage.

This entire thread wad created so that if there are any new players that are wanting to make an archer but not sure which direction to go, that they would have someone who has taken (this) path, and it's turned out succesful. I'm not commanding them to do this. There are down sides to doing this. One of them is that without strength (which also directly affects how much HP you have) your survivability rate is very very low. Therefore, I'm most effective in a party. That way perhaps I'm not taking as much damage as I would be if I was alone.

KronicDecay
04-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Just because you have a low death number does not mean your leeching tho. My level 20 archer has 1500 kills and 0 deaths. I just attack from a distance lol

Splurd
04-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Just because you have a low death number does not mean your leeching tho. My level 20 archer has 1500 kills and 0 deaths. I just attack from a distance lol

well, kills only really start going up when you enter the higher level maps, when you let lose a blast arrow at too many monsters and they suddenly decide to have KFC for dinner.

Leviticus
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
thats when Evade comes in handy, then you just Blast Shot them until the crowd disipates.

123seeyah
04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
your PING rate plays a part too in the K/D ratio lol :D