PDA

View Full Version : Rolling an alt... and being required to pay plat just to get out of the inn

Yakiniku
12-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Ok so my level 1 alt is being held ransom by the innkeeper. She was told that I have to buy a founder's chest before I can leave? Really?? Is there no way to finish this silly quest without spending even more plat? It was already 12 plat to open up the extra character slot. Another 7 plat for a chance at items that I probably won't even want kind of rubs me the wrong way.

yongaries
12-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Its free. You do not have to pay platinum for that

Cascade
12-08-2012, 02:18 AM
The platinum doesn't actually get deducted from your account. Devs should probably put a disclaimer in the game so people don't freak out.

Yakiniku
12-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Ahh yea, it was pointed out to me in PM by a kind user, and yourself just now. Sure enough, I hit the buy button and no plat actually came out of my balance. I guess I was just caught by surprise by the unexpected "expense" haha.

Sorry for any confusion that this might cause. And thanks to you guys who set me straight on this.

Logging onto my alt now, and feeling a bit silly. :beguiled:

BodMaster
12-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Apparently it's being looked into, sure to be a change to ensure this doesn't continue to "freighten" users off ;(

Also, there's a few that have believed this, so you are not alone (:

CriticalCyr
12-09-2012, 01:52 AM
While we're on the subject, is the free founders chest you buy when starting a character actually a founders chest? Has anyone actually gotten a pink founder item from that chest? Or is it set to always give just moderate greens to start the player off?

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 03:26 AM
ugh. lock pls. ty