PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tanking 123 with explanations

Kenoon
12-08-2012, 03:19 AM
WARNING: The guide below are a series of my personal experience. You have been warned that the content is very wordy but IF you truely wants to know about Tank warrior, this would be the most concise guide for it. Please note certain important facts are replied under other player's Quotes which are not included in this first post. It would be good to read finish this whole thread to get your knowledge to the fullest. Enjoy!

I think it is better for me to create a personal thread rather than posting onto other player's post.

I had tried several types of warrior tanking builds during the past 2 weeks and i would say at current level cap of 16, warrior tanking is pretty much easily achieveable at the moment.
There is no right or wrong builds on tanking but rather on individual player's skill preference.

Who knows, in future we would probably need more threat aggros compared to now to achieve the highest taunt level against classes like Rogue who specialized in DPS.

After a series of trial & test with the help of a warrior friend, we deduced that there is more advantage on using Windmill over Skyward Smash for threat aggro tanking under normal scenario without the mp regen buff by mage.

Windmill is able to proc multiple hits consistently up to 3 targets or a single target. Although the cooldown is longer than Skyward Smash, under the skill rotation wise, it is more feasible to use Windmill for tanking since multiple hits on single target is actually adding on multiple threat counters.

Skyward Smash is still feasible provided that there is no mana issue and consistent mp regen buff by the mage in party to allow the Warrior to spam the skill.

*** Latest update: 06/01/2013
Under multiple respec, trial & error, i created my Elite Boss Tank Build that uses cheap gears.
More details under this link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78475-Warrior-Tanking-123-with-explanations&p=918629&viewfull=1#post918629

Previous update: 11/12/2012

I just tried to respec this time round with:
Juggernaut
Horn of Renew
Windmill
Vengeful Blood.

Apparently, i lost the aggro easily compared to my previous build.
My tested conclusion is:
Chest Splitter has the highest attributes to Warrior's threat counter among all the skills despite the damage isn't that promising.
The most likely reason for this would be the 4th skill that counters Bosses windup skill.
This action will generate a very high amount of threat aggro for your side and thus able to maintain and hold the boss under your tanking position.

My FINAL conclusion after 11 respecs for the highest threat counter output:
Vengeful blood
Horn of Renew
Windmill / Skyward Smash
Chest splitter

Please take note.
This build is all about threat output and not damage output.
For dps warriors, this thread & guide is of a different genre.

Thank you.

Topics covered:
1.) Why Tanking ?
2.) What is aggro? How does it work?
3.) Various Tanking Builds
4.) Tanking situation under Lv16 cap
5.) Tanking pets selection
6.) Gears selection
7.) Passive skills

1.) Why Tanking ?
Why would i want to play a Tanking character ? Why Tanking ?
Tankers are getting popular in most MMORPGs (Mass multiplayers online role playing game) nowadays.
Their purpose in-game served as a resistant fighter who initiate fights against boss or opponents while the rogues & mages takes them down from flanking or rear line in this case.
Their damage are mediocre compared to Rogue fighters who specializes in high DPS (Damage per second).

Some players would try to flair their damage against us but when comes to serious fights, tanker will be an inevitable party member in a team.
Tankers have better survivability when playing under PVM (Player versus Monster), doing quests & boss fights in Elite maps.

Death rate would be much lower compared to normal dps warrior.
Tanker are sort of a supportive role in party. But they saves the most cost in terms of using potions in battles.

I would say i had chosen to play a tank because i am a budget player.
Indeed, the returns reaped me handsome rewards in long run.
I farmed elite maps and got several high-end pink items. Sold them for 6-digit amount of golds.
Started my own guild, unlocked 21 pets from maps and unlocked Flap Jack, Ribbit & Malison using the free plats from app offers.

I do not keep the best warrior gears for myself but instead i went trading and save up my gold.
$ is King and new level cap is coming. It is better to invest $$$ onto the new gears instead.

2.) What is Taunt/Aggro? How does it work?
In Arcane Legends, Taunt acts as a 'threat/aggro damage' counter compared to a Damage build Warrior or Rogue which deals pure damage.
An enemy will get taunted or aggro-ed when getting hit by a player.
The enemy will lay their focus onto the player with the highest threat stacking in priority.

Let's take a look under a scenario.
A Rogue is the first initiator to hit Jarl.
Taking an example say a damage of 500 had been dished out to him during the first 5 seconds.
Then, a Warrior executes Taunt effect from a charged Horn of Renew.
The Taunt might be equivalent to a worth of 1000 'damage' counter. (i do not have exact figures. this is just an example)
Thus, in this case, Jarl began to switch his target to the Warrior instead since his threat stacking counter is higher than the Rogue.
But at any point of time, if the Warrior does not executes his next Taunt effect skill during his skills cycle or does not dish out consistent damage to excel over the Rogue's DPS, Jarl will switch his focus back to the Rogue.

***Latest update 12/12/12

Under my most recent term, i named Aggro as Threat stacking.
Threat stacking works in a way where accumulated damage or threat based skills stack together to reach a value or position to cause a boss/enemy to focus attack on.

However, taunt is a total different genre when comes to Threat stacking.
Taunt is an IMMEDIATE attention seeking skill that resets any threat stacking player's threat.
Let's say there are 2 Tank warriors in a party.
Tanker A is one that uses Axe throw with charged HOR spamming,
while Tanker B is just using HOR as tanking.
Tanker A will be dominating the overall tanking compare to Tanker B.
This is because Tanker A has 2 taunt skills whereas Tanker B has only 1.

In conclusion, under Boss tanking, we will only require Axe throw since its a single target skill.
No other Taunting skills will be required.

However, under group Taunting, HOR will be a more useful taunt skill compared to Juggernaut since it has shorter cooldown and much better healing power. Unless server reduces the cooldown for Juggernaut, else my preference would be to give this skill a miss as of now.

3.) Various Tanking Builds

All builds are based on Lv16 with total 15 skill points.

Tank build #1
This would be the generic cookie-cutter skill mentioned by some of the pioneers for new warriors.
There are some personal changes on the sub-tree skills which i feel useful as personal preference.
I would suggest to learn all 4 sub-tree skills in Vengeful Blood to maximise the effectiveness.
Reason why i prefer to use Skyward Smash is because of it's fast 4 second cooldown and there is no limit of enemies as long as they are around you, compared to Windmill's 3 enemy targets.
Some players might give up Skyward Smash and go for Windmill instead for mana conserving and consistent skills cycle. But under threat counter for tanking, it is recommended to use Windmill instead.

Vengeful Blood - 31 mana cost, 30 sec cooldown, 71-89 mp regen every 2 secs for 10secs.
> Acute Strike - While active, increase critical chance by 10%, or by 25% with a charged cast.
> Savage Strike - While active, increase damage by 10%, or by 25% with charged cast.
> Focused Rage - Increase duration of VB by 25% (which is 7.5sec).
> Adrenaline Surge - Temporary increase Strength by 25, or by 50 with charged cast.

Horn of Renew - 30.4 mana cost, 15 sec cd, 6m range, heals allies for 119-149 damage every 1.5sec for 6secs.
> Increased Duration - Increase buff duration by 25%.
> Challenge - Charging HOR will taunt all enemies within 8 meters of you.
> Protective Shield - Charging HOR puts a shield on allies that prevents all damage for 2 secs.

Chest Splitter - 35 mana cost, 3 sec cooldown, 4.5m range, 88-110 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Staggering Blow - Hits will interrupt an enemy's attack windups, as well as provide a 20% chance to disorient them.

Windmill - 45.6 mana cost, 10 sec cd, 4m range, 82-103 damage up to 3 targets within 4m.
>Increased Radius - Increase range of Windmill attack to 6 meters.
>Blender - Damage increased by 15% for every strike from Windmill.
>Prolonged Spin - Increases the duration of Windmill by 25%.

OR

Skyward Smash - 40 mana, 4 sec cooldown, 12m range, 97-122 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Seismic Slam - Range of damage is increased to 6 meters with a charged Skyward Smash.
> Thundering Hammer - Skyward smash attacks will now do an additional 10% damage.
> Quaking Earth - When crashing down with your Skyward Smash, enemies receiving damage will have 25% chance of being stunned in a place.

Tank build #2
This build was recently discussed by players.
This build strictly requires the pet Flap Jack or a supportive pet that gives mana regen like Blight, Horton & Loki. Anything lower than 4MP regen in my opinion isn't efficient.
After testing out myself, i chosen to give up on a sub-tree skill point under Chest Splitter and invested onto Concussion in Axe Throw.

Axe Throw - 35 mana cost, 7 sec cooldown, 16m range, 72-90 damage + increased damage on a critical
> Denting Blow - Enemies that are hit by your thrown weapon will receive a 10% reduction in armor.
> Concussion - Your throwing axe has a 25% chance of stunning an opponent it hits.
> Blacksmith's Touch - Enemies will receive a 15% additional damage when hit by your thrown weapon.
> Chained Bait - Once weapon is attached to enemy, they will be pulled to melee range.

Windmill - 45.6 mana cost, 10 sec cd, 4m range, 82-103 damage up to 3 targets within 4m.

Chest Splitter - 35 mana cost, 3 sec cooldown, 4.5m range, 88-110 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Staggering Blow - Hits will interrupt an enemy's attack windups, as well as provide a 20% chance to disorient them.

Horn of Renew - 30.4 mana cost, 15 sec cd, 6m range, heals allies for 119-149 damage every 1.5sec for 6secs.
> Protective Shield - Charging HOR puts a shield on allies that prevents all damage for 2 secs.

Tank build #3 - In my opinion the best build which suits my gameplay style
There are some personal changes on the sub-tree skills which i feel useful as personal preference.
I would suggest to learn all 4 sub-tree skills in Vengeful Blood to maximise the effectiveness.
The bonuses from Vengeful Blood suits my style of tanking using normal melee attacks.
I am also open to many other types of Pets rather than sticking strictly to Flap Jack or Ribbit.
My warrior gains 25% critical hit, 25% boost to damage, 6 ticks of mana regen, strength +50 (which is also increased health in this case, similar to juggernaut) over a period of 12.5 seconds.
In almost another 15 seconds (17.5 secs to be exact...), I can have this buff again to maintain my DPS & Threat aggro. The downside for this setup is that it is purely a tanking build which isn't that user-friendly during the initial phase of clearing the mobs before Jarl.

A good sharing by Crystallite is that he replaces Horn of Renew with Windmill to counter the DPS problem. Although he needs to pot at times but his skills setup will shine effectively when he is in Jarl party with a mage. You may view his sharing below this post.
His skills setup should be the #1 highest threat output build for Warrior so far.

For my most current setup, i removed Axe throw in replacement with Windmill instead.
Reason is because the lack of damage when the new level cap releases and leveling will become an issue.
Windmill wise, i learnt 3 sub-tree skills except for Cripple.
Instead of using Axe throw to pull Jarl or boss, i use Charged Horn of Renew's effective Radius to taunt them.
I added in Windmill in my skill rotations without failed and my Taunt tanking has become much stronger. I believe this is currently the 2nd highest threat output cost saving build.

OR

Skyward Smash - 40 mana, 4 sec cooldown, 12m range, 97-122 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Seismic Slam - Range of damage is increased to 6 meters with a charged Skyward Smash.
> Thundering Hammer - Skyward smash attacks will now do an additional 10% damage.
> Quaking Earth - When crashing down with your Skyward Smash, enemies receiving damage will have 25% chance of being stunned in a place.

Vengeful Blood - 31 mana cost, 30 sec cooldown, 71-89 mp regen every 2 secs for 10secs.
> Acute Strike - While active, increase critical chance by 10%, or by 25% with a charged cast.
> Savage Strike - While active, increase damage by 10%, or by 25% with charged cast.
> Focused Rage - Increase duration of VB by 25% (which is 7.5sec).
> Adrenaline Surge - Temporary increase Strength by 25, or by 50 with charged cast.

4.) Tanking situation under Lv16 cap
As of now, most of the time during boss tanking, we will only utilize 3 main skills namely,
Axe Throw to initiate the boss,
Charged Horn of Renew to execute the first Taunt effect,
Skyward Smash/Normal attack for DPS &
Chest Splitter to cancel bosses windup skill.
Commonly, we will be using Normal attacks unless there is a mage present who cast the mp buff for us.
That is when we can spam our Skyward Smash or Windmill skill.

In general for Elite tanking under Lv16 cap, we do not require Skyward Smash.
Instead, we can add in another supportive skill like Juggernaut for stronger Taunting, Rally Cry for damage reduction or Vengeful blood for DPS buff.
In this case, Vengeful Blood wins over Juggernaut then after that Rally Cry.
This is why i created the 3rd Tanking build by myself to suit my gameplay.

5.) Tanking pets selection
As of now, the top 2 best warrior pets would be Ribbit for DPS and Flap Jack for Tanking.
Alternatively, if your warrior had learnt Vengeful Blood, Ribbit can be your loyal pet throughout the journey.
Malison can be a nice pet too for boosted stats but in overall still loses to Ribbit.
I tested by myself and i owned all 3 of these high-end warrior pets.
I personally am looking at the 250 Hauntlet coin pet turtle.
I believe he will make a difference should the new patch of Sword & Shield gears comes into play.
By then, we might get to see new warrior builds that stacks damage reduction percentage and uses Juggernaut skills.

6.) Gears selection
There's a discussion on the best amulet & rings under this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76860-Best-a-amulet-and-ring-for-warrior

In my opinion, Tanking warriors should focus on 3 priority stats:
1.) Strength - For damage, health and bonus damage %
2.) Dexterity - Every additional stats to boost chance to dodge is accumulative.
3.) Armor - The more the merrier. More armor = more damage reduction.
4.) Dodge - Secondary additional bonus after Dexterity stat.
5.) Intelligence - Use this option only if the itemization does not have Dex stat. Normally this roll would be a budget gear for new tankers. Solves mana issue too.

If you have finance issue to buy Lv16 accessory, go for a Lv15. If still can't afford for it, go for Lv14. :)

7.) Passive skills

Under the most recent announcement by admin, there are seven different passive abilities you can spend your points into. You have to be level 20 or higher to be able to spend points past rank 4. Here are the different abilities as they are currently implemented (still subject to change before release):

Durable: Increase your armor value by 1% for each point spent
Critical Shot: Increase your critical hit chance by 1% for each point spent
Damage: Increase your damage value by 1% for each point spent
Agility: Increase your Dexterity Stat by +5 for each point spent
Knowledge: Increase your Intelligence Stat by +5 for each point spent
Quickness: Increase your movement speed by 1% for each point spent
Might: Increase your Strength Stat by +5 for each point spent

As of now, we would try our very best not to invest further skill points onto our main skills.
So estimating that our total extra skill points from Lv17 to 21, we should be looking at a surplus of 5 skill points.

The 2 most priority passive skills for us would be Durable & Might.
My personal opinion before the official release would be focusing mainly onto Might instead of Durable.

Based on current gears stats per level scaling, as long as we are wearing tanking type of gears, the armor point we have should be sufficient enough to tank regular elite bosses.
Depending on how strong the new map elite boss damage is, only then we can decide the finalised passive skill to learn. Durable would be a more effective passive skill in late game since our gears armor points by then would be way much higher to enjoy the armor % bonus.

5 surplus skill points would mean +5% more to armor points or +25 to str.
My personal choice would be towards Might passive skill which is +25 to str.
This gives me boosted 250 additional hp, damage and damage bonus.
With Vengeful blood buff, we would be looking more than 3200 health point for tanking.

On the otherhand, we might be going towards a new revolutionary stats distribution and gameplay of our tanking warrior. We can choose to use the most minimal required skill points for the tanking and the rest of points focusing towards Might priority.

Looking back on my current skill setup.
Vengeful blood is a compulsory 5 skill points for the amazing bonuses which is a must to learn.
Next would be Chest splitter with Staggering blow which is 2 skill points.
Horn of Renew to go 3 skill pts which will be increased duration & taunt, giving up the 2sec shield.
Windmill with increased ranged, damage and duration will cost 4 skill points.

IF we are able to sacrifice and give up windmill skill points and HOR's 2 sec invincible shield,
We will have a surplus of 5 more skill points.

So adding these 5 skill points on top of the surplus 5 skill points,
We will have a total of 10 skill points to focus onto Might passive skill, giving us +50 STR.
Basically, the tanking skill rotation would be changed.
Instead of having windmill, we will start to play Charged Normal attack & Charged Chest splitter under our skill rotations to cover up the abundance of skills cooldown time.

This is just an concept idea. Ultimately once the new patch comes into play, i will be doing various testings once again.
*** It seems that the usage of 10 skill points wasn't implemented as what the admin mentioned under their announcement.
As of latest patch, at level 21, passive skills are capped at maximum of 5 skill points.

That's all. I hope these basic informations which i learnt and shared would help every new warriors brothers to take up the love for tanking like i do in most games.
Happy Tanking!
Cheers & Peace out~!

Crystalite
12-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi nice thread! Thanks for sharing :) I agree with most of what you mentioned. Personally I use an almost exact copy of your tank build #3 (chest splitter, axe, vengeful) But where I differ is instead of horn of renew i took windmill instead. Reason is that I dont normally find groups for elite runs other than jarl. And the only use I have for horn renew is when i dash into that group of 5 before Jarl. For this I prefer windmill, with a faster cooldown. So long as nobody in the group is hitting the wrong mob(s), windmill will gain you enough threat to maintain agro. As for the heal, I find it is not required even in most pugs so long as there is a friendly mage with the occasional timely heals. The occasional potting is fine with me if worse comes to worse. The additonal benefit with windmill over horn renew for me is also when i run dailies, i get an additional dps skill that to me makes the run alot faster. Plus with next lvl cap, i can stick with this same build for lvling without having to respec. Just my personal opinion though. xD

I would also like to point that, in case you might have missed this, while it is true that windmill can only hit 3 targets each time, the skill itself has several 'hits'. Each hit can hit 3mobs. So when you add up you get roughly 3hitsx3 mobs=9 hits. Or maybe 12, i am not sure if it is 3 or 4 hits. But in a situation where you get many mobs, I would prefer windmill over hammer smash. If only because smash requires mobs to be very close together when you execute it, while for windmill you can still move around after execution to engage mobs further away. You can test this out in tombs.

Just a little input from my part, hope you don't mind. And thanks again for sharing! Cheers :playful:

Kenoon
12-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Nice sharing on that bro.
We all learn new stuffs as we play moreover this is a new title :)
Indeed the multiple hits of Windmill used to capture my attention previously.
If the sub-tree stun effect wasn't added under Skyward Smash, Windmill will stand out more for my usage.

I am more on cost saving so i will still stick to Horn of Renew for safer side. :P

ShadowGunX
12-08-2012, 09:44 AM
i choose windmill over hammer coz hammer is slow nd unidirectional nd hard to aim. whereas windmill we can go any direction. well it hit 3 targets max bt moving at all direction it can hit many enemies. also hammer stunts while windmill knockbck enemies. idk if hammer stunts bosses bt windmill even knockbck bosses to multiple times 8).

Raxin
12-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I like windmill snare as a tool to keep mobs tight fer my mages n rogues. Btw it procs every full charge. So to recap...
Chest vs sky for stun factor= chest
Wind vs sky for mob control=wind
Basically its second tier to both its strengths...

Kenoon
12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I tried to do some testing between windmill versus skyward smash.
Although the cooldown skill for windmill is longer but the like what Raxin & Shadowgunx said.

Windmill procs effectively & is able to hit multiple mobs around if not multiple hits on the boss itself.

The proc hits adds in separate aggro stacking and i was able to win my friend's threat while he's using Skyward Smash.

Unless he is consistently spamming Skyward Smash, else Windmill's threat counter will win over him.

The problem arises when he has mana shortage.
That is where my Windmill shines since my skills rotation is conveniently easy and not suffering from mana issue.

I will switch all my suggestive Skyward Smash skills to Windmill skill in my guide instead after this few trials of testing at Jarl.

All inputs are valuable and hopefully new warriors will spend lesser in respec.
I had respec-ed 9 times now as we speak lol~

Kenoon
12-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Been using my latest setup for tanking under build #3.
Taunting with HoR from afar is pretty efficient too.

Kenoon
12-11-2012, 05:04 AM
I just tried to respec this time round with:
Juggernaut
Horn of Renew
Windmill
Vengeful Blood.

Apparently, i lost the aggro easily compared to my previous build.
One final conclusion is:
Chest Splitter has the highest attributes to Warrior's threat counter among all the skills despite the damage isn't that promising.
The most likely reason for this would be the 4th skill that counters Bosses windup skill.
This action will generate a very high amount of threat aggro for your side and thus able to maintain and hold the boss under your tanking position.

My final conclusion after 11 respecs for the highest threat counter output:
Vengeful blood
Horn of Renew
Windmill / Skyward Smash
Chest splitter

Please take note.
This build is all about threat output and not damage output.
For dps warriors, this thread & guide is of a different genre.

Thank you.

*Zero*
12-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Nice thread but lacking another build.
Chest Splitter, Axe throw, Vengeful Blood and Juggernaut.
Cs is used as initial taunts and aoe. Axe Throw for keeping a taunts up and positioning the boss. Vengeful Blood for increased crit, damage and strength and not to mention mana regen and a heal. Last but not least Juggernaut used for 25 seconds of constant taunts, reduced damage, HP buff and a heal

GoodSyntax
12-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Really good guide!

I especially appreciate that you didn't take the easy way out on the gear selection. It's super easy to say you need a 500K gear setup to tank effectively, so thanks for not taking the useless advice route.

I hope more Warriors read this and heed the advice - there are far too many useless Warriors out there right now. I run in a lot of PUGs and my poor hybrid rogue seems to always get and maintain aggro with the majority of groups I join. This is simply indicative of poor tanking. I certainly understand getting aggro if I am first in, or getting aggro momentarily during skill cool downs, but to maintain aggro during an entire boss encounter is just plain silly, especially when I have been in groups with two Warriors. It's not like I have the best end-game gear setup equipped, I just try to hit as hard and as often as I can.

I played in my first Elite map game last night. Joined with two lv15 warriors and in the first mob encounter, I shot a charged Noxious Bolt, then a charged Aimed Shot and, boom, complete mob aggro, a handful of hits, then death - never lost aggro! Needless to say, I bowed out.

Anyhoo - Kudos on the writeup, keep 'em coming!

Crystalite
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
What is the duration of juggernaut again? It is 15sec right? By 'constant taunts' does this mean throughout e duration of juggernaut no other party member can grab agro from the target?

Kenoon
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Nice thread but lacking another build.
Chest Splitter, Axe throw, Vengeful Blood and Juggernaut.
Cs is used as initial taunts and aoe. Axe Throw for keeping a taunts up and positioning the boss. Vengeful Blood for increased crit, damage and strength and not to mention mana regen and a heal. Last but not least Juggernaut used for 25 seconds of constant taunts, reduced damage, HP buff and a heal

Thank you.
Reason why i dont mention Juggernaut in my guide was due to bad experience.
The cooldown was too long to make it a consistent taunt skill compared to Axe throw.
As of now, Axe throw is a 'cheating' taunt skill that is like 'Hey get over here!'.
It will overwrite all taunts until someone uses another taunt skill to overwrite it.

Downside of Axe throw is because it is a single target specific skill which does not favor party play and dps. Why i say its not favorable was by my personal experience.
2 warriors in a run trying to use Axe throw to show who's the Big Daddy or Main tank.
The ones that suffered unfortunately are rogue and mages lol.

What is the duration of juggernaut again? It is 15sec right? By 'constant taunts' does this mean throughout e duration of juggernaut no other party member can grab agro from the target?

Juggernaut unfortunately doesn't work the way people are praising it.
The best counter taunting skill for Warriors right now is Axe Throw.
Due to the low cooldown, Warriors are able to spam this skill.

Taunt is an immediate effect skill.
I had experienced multiple times that individual taunt skills by warrior are able to overwrite one another.
I used Juggernaut before. Another warrior uses HoR or Axe throw and my taunt was immediately overwritten.
The cooldown was really bad for Juggernaut which is 45secs.

In terms of HoR versus Juggernaut, I still prefer HOR due to 2sec shield + constant healing + faster cooldown for taunting.

With sword & shield coming up, i might give it a try to use Juggernaut + Shiloh pet.
I love damage reduction since Diablo days.

Hopefully we get to see true paladin build up with the passives.
Somehow i feel damage reduction % will be available under warrior's passive trees.
I'm getting very excited about this new update too.
This is really the best mobile MMORPG in 2012!

*Zero*
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you.
Reason why i dont mention Juggernaut in my guide was due to bad experience.
The cooldown was too long to make it a consistent taunt skill compared to Axe throw.
As of now, Axe throw is a 'cheating' taunt skill that is like 'Hey get over here!'.
It will overwrite all taunts until someone uses another taunt skill to overwrite it.

Downside of Axe throw is because it is a single target specific skill which does not favor party play and dps. Why i say its not favorable was by my personal experience.
2 warriors in a run trying to use Axe throw to show who's the Big Daddy or Main tank.
The ones that suffered unfortunately are rogue and mages lol.

Juggernaut unfortunately doesn't work the way people are praising it.
The best counter taunting skill for Warriors right now is Axe Throw.
Due to the low cooldown, Warriors are able to spam this skill.

Taunt is an immediate effect skill.
I had experienced multiple times that individual taunt skills by warrior are able to overwrite one another.
I used Juggernaut before. Another warrior uses HoR or Axe throw and my taunt was immediately overwritten.
The cooldown was really bad for Juggernaut which is 45secs.

In terms of Vengeful Blood versus Juggernaut, VB totally owns Jugg handsdown due to the massive bonus and short term increment of 500 health bonus from 50 STR when u charged VB.

Bud juggernaut does seem to have a long cooldown, but it lasts like 30 seconds which means it's really on like a 15 second cooldown. also axe throw is meant for bosses not groups of mobs that's for chest splitter and juggernaunt. And I don't see how it will affect rogues and mages. Axe throw benefits the party by positioning the boss, taunting him and reducing his armor. I failed too see the logic in that comment.

Wizard_Mike
12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Bud juggernaut does seem to have a long cooldown, but it lasts like 30 seconds which means it's really on like a 15 second cooldown

Actually it only lasts 15 seconds, so there's a 30 second down time.

Kenoon
12-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Bud juggernaut does seem to have a long cooldown, but it lasts like 30 seconds which means it's really on like a 15 second cooldown. also axe throw is meant for bosses not groups of mobs that's for chest splitter and juggernaunt. And I don't see how it will affect rogues and mages. Axe throw benefits the party by positioning the boss, taunting him and reducing his armor. I failed too see the logic in that comment.

My bad in short comments earlier bud.
If its an organised team, there shouldn't be of any issue.
Recently many complaints by other classes on warrior tanks for not doing their job.
Part of the reason why this happened was some warriors bros went to taunt among themselves for ego issues and caused the deaths lol.

Kenoon
12-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Actually it only lasts 15 seconds, so there's a 30 second down time.

Yes that 30 seconds i could do many stuffs while waiting.. Like chatting with guildmates lol.

*Zero*
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
My bad in short comments earlier bud.
If its an organised team, there shouldn't be of any issue.
Recently many complaints by other classes on warrior tanks for not doing their job.
Part of the reason why this happened was some warriors bros went to taunt among themselves for ego issues and caused the deaths lol.

i gotcha no worries. atleast we are getting some players to actually pick some tank skills.

Juntan
12-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Nice guide Kennon. how meny points do u have in STR and DEX for Tank build #3 ?

Kenoon
12-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Nice guide Kennon. how meny points do u have in STR and DEX for Tank build #3 ?

Hi bro, for Tankers, we just add strictly to STR.
No other stats required. :)
With correct Gears and Vengeful blood, we can reach around 2800~3000+ hp.

Kenoon
12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
-Added passive skills section.

Wizard_Mike
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
We will have a total of 10 skill points to focus onto Might passive skill, giving us +50 STR.

That would be nice, but the new passives cap out at 5 points. They might raise the amount of points you can spend in passives each time ey raise the level cap, but for now all you can get out of thMight passive is a max of 25 STR.

My own personal tank build is going to get one more point in Chest Splitter (the upgrade that has a chance to explode monsters on a killing blow) and the rest will be going into the Might passive. I really don't see any of the other passives to be very useful for tanks at this stage in the game. Later down the line, as our level cap (and armor values) keep increasing, the armor boost passive will start to become pretty valuable.

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 03:11 PM
That would be nice, but the new passives cap out at 5 points. They might raise the amount of points you can spend in passives each time ey raise the level cap, but for now all you can get out of thMight passive is a max of 25 STR.

My own personal tank build is going to get one more point in Chest Splitter (the upgrade that has a chance to explode monsters on a killing blow) and the rest will be going into the Might passive. I really don't see any of the other passives to be very useful for tanks at this stage in the game. Later down the line, as our level cap (and armor values) keep increasing, the armor boost passive will start to become pretty valuable.

It seems that the usage of 10 skill points wasn't implemented as what the admin mentioned under their announcement.
As of latest patch, at level 21, passive skills are capped at maximum of 5 skill points.

MrLegendary
12-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Where do I put my points in STR or DEx or both

Kenoon
12-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Where do I put my points in STR or DEx or both

Hi, all points to STR.

rAyZ1234
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
any recommend skill set up for elite lord??

Enisceloz
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Excellent thread. This is the first time I'm in this section hehe. I'll add my two cents here.

My style of play is to be as effective and efficient as I can be in all scenarios. What I mean by this is. If I'm playing in Normal Dungeons I want to be able to Tank and get lots of kills. If I'm playing any of the Gauntlet Maps (Watchers, Kraag Tombs, Hauntlet) I want to be able to keep aggro on the mobs (while using minimum pots), and also get some kills. If I'm playing Elite Maps I want to aggro the mobs or bosses stay alive (using pots as necessary to keep my health up) and give a chance for Rogues or Sorcerers to kill them off. So what has been working very well for me? Well as I read some of the posts here there's a lot of discussion on Windmill vs Skyward Smash, well how about this if you can't pick one USE BOTH!! Yeah, I have been using both of them along with maxed out (5/5) Horn of Renew and Vengeful Blood. Before I start battle I charge HoR (in the middle of a mob or near a boss), then hit a charged Vengeful, then hit with Skyward and finish off with Windmill, rinse and repeat.

I'm full STR, and with the new update I have spent 3 Skill Points on Might (3/5). I have Skyward Smash 3/5 (Except for the one that Stuns and returns Mana to you, don't need them) and Windmill 4/5 (except the Snare one I find it useless). Now don't get me wrong I think this build and every other one mentioned here will be useless if you don't have a good party that knows what their doing. The pressure on us Warriors is that we are the first ones into battle and we have to stay alive to make everything else working smoothly. Which basically means the survival of the group depends on your actions, especially in Elite. Well I hope you guys can give this a test spin. I have tried the other builds in one way or another, but I feel they are sort of geared to one or two tasks. And like I mentioned above I like to be effective and efficient in all scenarios AL challenges us with.

ShadowGunX
12-21-2012, 11:04 PM
dude add snaggle pet.
it gives :+25str ; +4mana regen nd +2% dmg reduction. bst for tanking.

Enisceloz
12-21-2012, 11:12 PM
dude add snaggle pet.
it gives :+25str ; +4mana regen nd +2% dmg reduction. bst for tanking.

Was this suggestion for me? I have both Snaggle and Wrath lol. Honestly before the update I just cycled through pets didn't really need them to survive or tank successfully. I still do now, however for the last two Elite Dungeons in the update I will go with Malison, Ribbit, Snaggle, or Wrath. This is only because of that enemy with the giant metal claws, he's OP!! If not careful he can take you out in 1-2 hits (And I've had 953 armor!!!!).

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Was this suggestion for me? I have both Snaggle and Wrath lol. Honestly before the update I just cycled through pets didn't really need them to survive or tank successfully. I still do now, however for the last two Elite Dungeons in the update I will go with Malison, Ribbit, Snaggle, or Wrath. This is only because of that enemy with the giant metal claws, he's OP!! If not careful he can take you out in 1-2i hits (And I've had 953 armor!!!!).

:-) i would hav quoted u if it waz for u. its for kenoon so that he adds snaggle pet.

Enisceloz
12-22-2012, 02:52 AM
:-) i would hav quoted u if it waz for u. its for kenoon so that he adds snaggle pet.

Touche!

Kenoon
12-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Shiloh is still the best tanking pet at the moment.
Currently at an overseas tour.
Using ipad to surf net -__-;

Precise_Arrow
12-22-2012, 04:24 AM
i was just wondering what do u consider the best armor for lvl 21?

Crayden
12-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Excellent thread. This is the first time I'm in this section hehe. I'll add my two cents here.

My style of play is to be as effective and efficient as I can be in all scenarios. What I mean by this is. If I'm playing in Normal Dungeons I want to be able to Tank and get lots of kills. If I'm playing any of the Gauntlet Maps (Watchers, Kraag Tombs, Hauntlet) I want to be able to keep aggro on the mobs (while using minimum pots), and also get some kills. If I'm playing Elite Maps I want to aggro the mobs or bosses stay alive (using pots as necessary to keep my health up) and give a chance for Rogues or Sorcerers to kill them off. So what has been working very well for me? Well as I read some of the posts here there's a lot of discussion on Windmill vs Skyward Smash, well how about this if you can't pick one USE BOTH!! Yeah, I have been using both of them along with maxed out (5/5) Horn of Renew and Vengeful Blood. Before I start battle I charge HoR (in the middle of a mob or near a boss), then hit a charged Vengeful, then hit with Skyward and finish off with Windmill, rinse and repeat.

I'm full STR, and with the new update I have spent 3 Skill Points on Might (3/5). I have Skyward Smash 3/5 (Except for the one that Stuns and returns Mana to you, don't need them) and Windmill 4/5 (except the Snare one I find it useless). Now don't get me wrong I think this build and every other one mentioned here will be useless if you don't have a good party that knows what their doing. The pressure on us Warriors is that we are the first ones into battle and we have to stay alive to make everything else working smoothly. Which basically means the survival of the group depends on your actions, especially in Elite. Well I hope you guys can give this a test spin. I have tried the other builds in one way or another, but I feel they are sort of geared to one or two tasks. And like I mentioned above I like to be effective and efficient in all scenarios AL challenges us with.

Don't you miss chest splitter? Because of the boss windup interrupt?

crestmage
12-22-2012, 06:02 AM

It's an effective build for PvE, but when Pvp comes out... poof?

Enisceloz
12-22-2012, 11:50 AM
It's an effective build for PvE, but when Pvp comes out... poof?

Well just like I got to this build, it's going to be trail and error until I find what works for me. I'm already not going to be so good since I never PvPed before in PL. But we'll see when it gets here. As of now all we have is PvE and a lot of Warriors are having a hard time tanking effectively.

Kenoon
12-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Well just like I got to this build, it's going to be trail and error until I find what works for me. I'm already not going to be so good since I never PvPed before in PL. But we'll see when it gets here. As of now all we have is PvE and a lot of Warriors are having a hard time tanking effectively.

Actually the build which you are using i had posted under this thread before:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79139-Barbaartje-s-Warrior-Build-unfinished-*under-construction*

It is more of a PvE build & basically change your role as a DPS-er.

N00B
12-23-2012, 05:57 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79139-Barbaartje-s-Warrior-Build-unfinished-*under-construction*

First I need to thank you for your build, which helped me alot.
I tried both your build and spidah's build, and I like his better. Your build is great until I reach the new elite maps.
with windmill and hor taunt, you can keep boss attacking you already, there is no need for cs. besides, in the last few maps, cs will not do any interruption.
If there is another tank in the team, it's better that you can share damage instead of taking all the damage by yourself. Therefore, I gave up cs for skyward smash.
skyward smash really helps you move around, jump into position or initiate the battle.
If i would say, warriors are not doing their jobs because there are many unbalanced design in this game. I trust sts will fix these in the future updates.

Enisceloz
12-23-2012, 12:47 PM

Just saw it, didn't realize it. But I think I went a little more in depth and I have taunt on my HoR. And for me is not a DPS-er role, It's a mix of both (DPS & Tank). I'm available to hold aggro on all the new elite mobs/bosses except if a Sorcerer or Rogue decides to skill spam and they end up taking aggro. There are some Sorcerers and Mages out there that no matter how many taunt skills you have they can take your aggro away. Which brings me to the point I made already all these builds will be rendered useless if you don't have a team that knows what their doing especially in the Elite levels.

First I need to thank you for your build, which helped me alot.
I tried both your build and spidah's build, and I like his better. Your build is great until I reach the new elite maps.
with windmill and hor taunt, you can keep boss attacking you already, there is no need for cs. besides, in the last few maps, cs will not do any interruption.
If there is another tank in the team, it's better that you can share damage instead of taking all the damage by yourself. Therefore, I gave up cs for skyward smash.
skyward smash really helps you move around, jump into position or initiate the battle.
If i would say, warriors are not doing their jobs because there are many unbalanced design in this game. I trust sts will fix these in the future updates.

Yes taunts need to be more powerful. As mentioned above I have played already with Rogues that have about 230-240 Dmg. They can steal aggro at will. So this makes them have to just use normal attacks instead of using skills making boss fights just a tad slower. Another reason why tanking is a little offset is because the lack of healing/buffing going around. If you as a Warrior don't have HoR no one else will heal you and even with HoR at moments you have to pot spam which to many players will burn thru their gold! Sorcerers are all AoE hungry (most have power builds) and Rogues healing ability isn't that great so they don't even bother with that.

Kenoon
12-23-2012, 02:38 PM
What you said is true.
At the current patch, tanking warrior will have issue in securing as main tank due to higher dps output by Rogue followed by Mage.
I am still trying to find out how to overcome this problem.

One way is to give up Windmill and go Axe Throw to keep pulling back the aggro from other classes.
But by doing so, our DPS will drop quite alot.

The server will need to increase our warrior's threat threshold amount to much higher amount.
Also the damage from Elite mobs need to be reduced or the damage reduction needs to be improved slightly.

Enisceloz
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
I have a friend with all taunting skills set up and he can't keep aggro from another friend who's a Sorcerer that has around 190 Dmg, causing a boss to switch his focus back and forth. Either this is intentional or like you said taunt needs to be buffed. And as for the Elite levels I think they are fine. I do tons of runs (I have all Elite achievements got them first day patch came out) and I don't die much if at all and I can keep aggro however I do use a considerable amount of pots to keep my health up, compared to what I used on the old Elite levels (once again team mechanics play an important role here). But this maybe could be because I have yet to acquire the new set pieces (and that's another mess that needs to be fixed lol).

Rob Prose
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
After playing every legends I have come to the conclusion that sts games cannot be at a truly hardcore level till sts releases all the figures for every skill, boss, and clarifies every figure that were sitting here scratching our heads over. These figures may seem excessive for a casual but without them we are esentially fighting in the dark and making these games more about dumping $ than mad skillz...

Kenoon
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I believe that as of current situation, tanking warrior might need to go beyond 1000 armor mark to get to see the Lv16 cap tanking where 0 pot is require to do tanking.

I am rushing my level to 21 asap after my overseas trip.
Will hunt down the good gears and do some testing.

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
I believe that as of current situation, tanking warrior might need to go beyond 1000 armor mark to get to see the Lv16 cap tanking where 0 pot is require to do tanking.

I am rushing my level to 21 asap after my overseas trip.
Will hunt down the good gears and do some testing.

If you need help let me know. Highest I've gotten has been 953 armor with around 3.1K in health and I still have to use pots.

ShadowGunX
12-24-2012, 01:23 AM
i had around 600armour nd 2.5k hp(lvl16 i was) nd was able to do bael (not elite) without using pots nd also kill those two assasins within 10secs bt after update i felt like fighting two elite stahl nd then bael cme up before i could finish those two assasins nd i was spamming lots of potion. nd then i died (out of potions :-P).
So i can conclude that maps r alot harder nw. lol watchers3 nd kraag3 r crazy. running those lvl4 tombs r beyond my thinking :-D

ShadowGunX
12-24-2012, 01:28 AM
I have a friend with all taunting skills set up and he can't keep aggro from another friend who's a Sorcerer that has around 190 Dmg, causing a boss to switch his focus back and forth. Either this is intentional or like you said taunt needs to be buffed. And as for the Elite levels I think they are fine. I do tons of runs (I have all Elite achievements got them first day patch came out) and I don't die much if at all and I can keep aggro however I do use a considerable amount of pots to keep my health up, compared to what I used on the old Elite levels (once again team mechanics play an important role here). But this maybe could be because I have yet to acquire the new set pieces (and that's another mess that needs to be fixed lol).

will u care to show us ur stats nd list wat gears nd amulets nd rings nd sword nd pet u r using?

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Remember bro the enemies have now been scaled up! So my question is after the update were you doing these runs solo or with a party? Because if it was with a party and the highest player was 17+ the enemies will now scale to the highest level, hence the increase in difficulty!

And as for me showing you my gear I would be happy to do it in game and maybe get some runs in with you if you would like (too lazy to take pics and post them up lol). Add me IGN: Enisceloz

I should be getting on in like 5 minutes if you're game!

Kenoon
12-24-2012, 04:34 AM
If you need help let me know. Highest I've gotten has been 953 armor with around 3.1K in health and I still have to use pots.

I should be doing fine.
Since you have the armor, able to advise typical damage received by an elite mob is how much?
The objective would be stacking the defensive stats and figures to reach a stage where we will take in around 100 or less damage per hit from mibs so our HOR can heal in excess to get our hp back to full again.

ShadowGunX
12-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Remember bro the enemies have now been scaled up! So my question is after the update were you doing these runs solo or with a party? Because if it was with a party and the highest player was 17+ the enemies will now scale to the highest level, hence the increase in difficulty!

And as for me showing you my gear I would be happy to do it in game and maybe get some runs in with you if you would like (too lazy to take pics and post them up lol). Add me IGN: Enisceloz

I should be getting on in like 5 minutes if you're game!

ah man m very poor. m lvl18atm
current equipment:
ogre helm lvl16
resounding armour of will lvl15
ornate band of fitness lvl16
solid bauble of warfare lvl14 (epic)
avalenche veil of will lvl17
Pet: snaggle
nd m having 687armour with 2.6k hp.

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I should be doing fine.
Since you have the armor, able to advise typical damage received by an elite mob is how much?
The objective would be stacking the defensive stats and figures to reach a stage where we will take in around 100 or less damage per hit from mibs so our HOR can heal in excess to get our hp back to full again.

Now remember HoR healing values also depend on our Bonus Dmg %. So everyone's heal is not the same (which I'm currently at around 230-250 Bonus Dmg %). And on top of that I charge my Vengeful Blood which heals for 500 HP.

Kenoon
12-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Everytime i would use Vengeful Blood first followed by shiloh's arcane skill before i cast HoR.
My damage bonus is 282% in this case.
I hit lv21 today but still using crappy gears.
Will start farming for better gears in these few days :)
I had died more than 30 times during this patch to do the testings.

Kenoon
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
PS:
After a santa goblin dropped a winter armor for me, things goes smoother.
I spent 10 plats on getting a lv21 sword & shield.
Luckily it gave to me on my first try.
http://i.imgur.com/RMqrPl.jpg

Here are some screenshots with 3 pets for your reference purposes.
All with Vengeful blood activated + Pet's arcane skill triggered.

With Malison:
http://i.imgur.com/7YSIEl.jpg

With Shiloh:
http://i.imgur.com/4lPGdl.jpg

With Ribbit:
http://i.imgur.com/ZnQprl.jpg

I am still working on to get my tanking necklace.
Hopefully someone buy my stuffs lol.
My next step would be getting the gears from banded chests. :)

My passive is 5 to Might.
If i were to use Durable, my armor would be 893.5

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Also try out the Artic Ward of Will it gives a whooping +109 in Armor with a little decrease in Dmg and DPS.

Nutstomper
12-25-2012, 12:46 AM

These screenshots are done BEFORE any buffs, no Vengeance, pet, or any other buffs active. I have allocated 5 points into Might. Gear is essentially maxed out, helm is lvl 20 but not worth it to upgrade to +1str, +16 armor, +.3 dps for 1 million.

The unfortunate truth is that tanking has become much more difficult after this expansion for many reasons from what I have noticed and experienced.

-Horn, did not scale well. Maxed out pre-expansion it healed for 25% initially up to 50% by the end of HOT effects. It now heals for approx 14% initial up to 28% by end of HOT. Pots are mandatory now.

-Armor ratings did not improve as well as other classes, maxed out Rogue has around 700ish armor. Warriors using 2 handers around 850ish. Elite mobs will hit for upwards of 300dmg! And unfortunately we do not have the Rogues 25% dodge.

-Damage output for Warriors did not get raised as much as our counterparts. Rogues went from 140ish shown dps to 270ish. Aggro is much harder to maintain.

Damage output is probably the biggest reason for losing aggro on bosses. Threat needs to be adjusted on all taunt/threat skills or have Warrior dps bumped up a flat 20%

I run with the same team day in day out. We held records for 7 of the 8 Elite Pure maps. It's not a matter of not knowing how to tank, Warriors are nerfed and it does not get much better with gear.

Kenoon
12-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Also try out the Artic Ward of Will it gives a whooping +109 in Armor with a little decrease in Dmg and DPS.

I used to have that weapon but in the end i chose to take the higher DPS.
Like what Nutstomper says, our threat or aggro isn't high enough to hold the attention of boss or mobs compared to Rogue and Mages high dps.

I will write a suggestion to the suggestion section and highlight to STS to improve on the threat output for sword & shield users if they were to be holding this type of gear.

If gearing up as sword & shield but still having the same threat output as 2h weapon, that would defeat the purpose of holding such gear.

The proc on Ice Armor isn't that amazing neither. The damage reduction or effect doesn't seem to be significant enough to allow my warrior to tank elite map mobs. I believe they will look into this and balance up on next upcoming fix.

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 01:59 AM
OMG!!! nutstomper u hav 130dmg!!! ur HoR heals 350hp roughly per 1.5sec?

Enisceloz
12-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Yeah we need major re-vamps. Especially on the effectiveness of taunts. Right now when I play with a really good team of Sorcerers and Rogues I feel like I'm just there to get hit first and distract mobs nothing else! I wonder if us not getting as improved as the other two classes has anything to do with PvP??

Kenoon
12-25-2012, 04:46 AM
Yeah we need major re-vamps. Especially on the effectiveness of taunts. Right now when I play with a really good team of Sorcerers and Rogues I feel like I'm just there to get hit first and distract mobs nothing else! I wonder if us not getting as improved as the other two classes has anything to do with PvP??

LOL.... I'm using HOR's 2sec to escort my party mage and rogue to enter next level for tower each time.
That's our most useful skill at the moment.

Nutstomper
12-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Well, there are actually a couple options right for tanking although each option has limitations and drawbacks as well as strengths. This is all assuming that everyone is equally geared though, or that the tank is slightly better geared which is preferable. If you're all still running tower its safe to assume your teams are not yet maxed out.

These options have worked for me and all your experiences will vary I'm sure.

Vengeance 5, WW, CS 2 or 3, Horn 5, Might 4 or 5
Good for:
Aggro-ing multiple mobs. New expansion routinely has grouped mobs of 10 or more. This allow you to play support and hold aggro and large groups as long as you CS from different sides + WW in a circle to tag multiple mobs to keep threat up. Horn taunt and bubble self explanatory. Your job is just to keep trashes attention until they get 2 shotted by your friends.

Boss fight-CS's interrupt no longer as important as it was pre-expansion. Chances are you won't have boss' aggro and Rogues/Mages no longer get one shotted so it's not imperative you get that interrupt off. Which is why you can choose to either commit 2 or 3 points into the skill. Do get Extended Reach.

Pet:
If undergeared use Flap Jack, be a team player and realize the most important thing now is to keep your friends from dying to trash. AOE stun gives everyone a breather, re-establish aggro or buy time for Horn.

If geared semi-equally (aggro goes back and forth) grab Ribbit or Loki and tank that boss.

Cons:
Mediocre at almost everything. Average damage, average threat production. You're going to use a lot of health pots.

Vengeance 5, Hammer 4, WW 3, CS 3, Might 5
Good for:
Holding aggro on boss and doing smaller pulls (groups of less than 5) or if you're still at a level where you are farming Jarl.

Pet:
Ribbit or Loki

Cons: You will use A LOT of pots compared to just using a lot of pots. Lacks survivability.

Hammer 4, WW 3, CS 3, Horn 5, Might 5
Good for:
If you have gold to spare. Builds decent threat, still has group in mind with decent survivability. You should have a slight edge in aggro to equally geared team mates. You still play the role of keeping trash mobs off of your dps and onto you but have a much better chance at keeping the boss' attention.

Pet:
Use Flap Jack on trash (for reasons stated earlier) up to boss. After you reach boss, swap it for Ribbit or Loki and go to town best you can.

Cons:
You need to have gold. You'll be relying on Mana pots exclusively in addition to health pots. But if you are farming it shouldn't be too big a deal. Just sell something.

Again, your experiences and play style will affect how well the builds will work for you.

Thoughts on War tank "fixes"
Some options would be:
-Give Warrior 20% damage buff
-Reduce swing time on 1 handed weapons ONLY by 25%-35%, effectively increasing dps on 1 handers only
-Increase threat on all taunts
-Make all Warrior taunts hold mobs attention for 1/2 second minimum

Those options should make Warrior tanking effective again. I personally don't mind spamming pots if we could hold aggro. After all, the other two classes have been spamming pots since the game's inception

Kenoon
12-25-2012, 06:23 AM
I am still using my Build 3 for tanking. (as mentioned, still best threat output)
I no longer have problem in holding aggro with Tower last boss or Jarl.
Pot usage is much lower.
Pet is Snaggletooth or Shiloh.

My current setup is:
CS 2, Windmill 4, Vengeful 5, HOR 5, Might 5.

Using Lv21 Wonderland helm and armor.
Lv21 dps ring
Lv21 tanking ring
Lv20 Shadowrealm.

My idea in tanking:
Hold highest aggro
If skills can give hp or mp regen significantly,
i wont give up those skills and use potions to replace them.
Carry the team to survive and clear bosses.

Nutstomper
12-25-2012, 06:36 AM
What are your friends geared like? I'm maxed out and so are my friends. That build still has issues for me.

Kenoon
12-25-2012, 06:41 AM
What are your friends geared like? I'm maxed out and so are my friends. That build still has issues for me.

My guildmate is using the 1.2mil sorc staff with demonlord set with all maxed out acc.
If i can hold aggro on the boss against him, i think i should be doing fine.
I did tried using the 1h sword & shield, still works.
But i personally like the effect on Shadowrealm now :D

Enisceloz
12-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Is your're friend using his regular attacks and some skills? If he is skill spamming THERE'S NO BUILD THAT CAN HOLD AGGRO!! Like I mentioned way back, holding aggro depends on how well your team knows how to play! I think taunt should work in a way where we keep the enemies focus for atleast awhile no matter what the other two classes do. During this time they can spam their skills combos, and not just fight with normal attacks all the time. Which in terms will make Elite much more faster and less tedious, making us very effective again!!

Reggin
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Fellas... check out my four taunt build... my level 20 mediocre geared warrior can hold aggro against 21 geared mages and rogues. It's all in the timing and understanding the taunt mechanic. The biggest trick is that once you have aggro, don't do anything other than auto attack or renew/jugg when needed to save yourself. If a boss turns, axe throw, juggernaut, and go back to auto attack. Chest Splitter is also a taunt, so use it as such.

Basically, since sts won't share the mechanics, this is my explanation of how threat works. Every damage done adds 1 to the threat meter. So if a tank comes in with 3 hits at 50 damage, then a rogue pops off a 600 point aimed shot crit, the tank is losing aggro. By taunting, the tanks threat jumps up to 601. Right after a taunt, immediately spam auto attacks to maintain the aggro you stole back.

Some have questioned whether threat can stack and thus create a benefit to spamming taunts. From playing, sometimes it seems like it might but other times it definitely doesn't. However, if you have all four taunts and focus on keeping as many of them off cooldown as possible, you'll always have them available at will. Axe throw is godly, as you can actually wait until the last second before something hits your rogue and actually change it's direction.

Enisceloz
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Fellas... check out my four taunt build... my level 20 mediocre geared warrior can hold aggro against 21 geared mages and rogues. It's all in the timing and understanding the taunt mechanic. The biggest trick is that once you have aggro, don't do anything other than auto attack or renew/jugg when needed to save yourself. If a boss turns, axe throw, juggernaut, and go back to auto attack. Chest Splitter is also a taunt, so use it as such.

Basically, since sts won't share the mechanics, this is my explanation of how threat works. Every damage done adds 1 to the threat meter. So if a tank comes in with 3 hits at 50 damage, then a rogue pops off a 600 point aimed shot crit, the tank is losing aggro. By taunting, the tanks threat jumps up to 601. Right after a taunt, immediately spam auto attacks to maintain the aggro you stole back.

Some have questioned whether threat can stack and thus create a benefit to spamming taunts. From playing, sometimes it seems like it might but other times it definitely doesn't. However, if you have all four taunts and focus on keeping as many of them off cooldown as possible, you'll always have them available at will. Axe throw is godly, as you can actually wait until the last second before something hits your rogue and actually change it's direction.

What's up bro is Enisceloz. But keep in mind if a Mage or Rogue skill spam you will still loose aggro lol. You have tested it already with God's Touch. However there's no reason why they should be skill spamming in the new Elite levels because they risk getting slaughtered!

Nologicone
12-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Sup Kenoon!

Thanks to your guide, helped me figured out how to play a Warrior. This has helped me tremendously!

Knowing your nationality also brought a smile to me, but it has nothing with stacking up my praise for your guide.

Cheers!

Reggin
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Meh... eni... then you know my build holds aggro... just not on trash or if my timing is off due to lag, intoxication, or whining wife. I'll run jarl duo with anyone, and I'll hold aggro 95% of the time...

Enisceloz
12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Meh... eni... then you know my build holds aggro... just not on trash or if my timing is off due to lag, intoxication, or whining wife. I'll run jarl duo with anyone, and I'll hold aggro 95% of the time...

Oh no question about it, but it keeps going back and forth unless the Sorcerer or Rogue stops skill spamming or runs out of mana lol.

Reggin
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
For sure... I'm not saying I keep aggro constantly... just that as soon as I lose it I can grab it back, and with my pure tank build I know there is always a way to grab it back on a dime. It was really a result of playing with PUGs who had the occasional rogue who just wouldn't stop spamming and ended up wiping the party that made me change it... I do still have damage gear and with 1500 plat still I can change at will... would be nice if they put in an option to purchase dual spec... so I can have my tank build and my damage build to alternate at will...

Enisceloz
12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
For sure... I'm not saying I keep aggro constantly... just that as soon as I lose it I can grab it back, and with my pure tank build I know there is always a way to grab it back on a dime. It was really a result of playing with PUGs who had the occasional rogue who just wouldn't stop spamming and ended up wiping the party that made me change it... I do still have damage gear and with 1500 plat still I can change at will... would be nice if they put in an option to purchase dual spec... so I can have my tank build and my damage build to alternate at will...

Bro the easy solution will be for STS to make Taunts more powerful. That way you would only need one skill with a Taunt and then the rest you can choose to your liking/playing style. It's frustrating sometimes when you trying to hold aggro and someone keeps spamming skills and stealing aggro then they die and blame it on you because you didn't "hold aggro". That has been the #1 complain about Warriors on these forums and is not totally our fault!!

Cronaldo777
12-31-2012, 04:38 AM
@Kenoon so basically the best way to tank for elite and normal is using ur tank build 3 which includes CS,Windmill,Vengeful blood n HoR.Plus putting 5 pts on Might right?

Enisceloz
12-31-2012, 04:49 AM
@Kenoon so basically the best way to tank for elite and normal is using ur tank build 3 which includes CS,Windmill,Vengeful blood n HoR.Plus putting 5 pts on Might right?

That is one way lol not the ONLY!

Cronaldo777
12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
I said the best. I didn't say the only. Pls take note @ spidah

Enisceloz
12-31-2012, 11:57 AM
I said the best. I didn't say the only. Pls take note @ spidah

Let me re-phrase then hehe (it was sort of late here). It is ONE of the best, but there are others (like mine lol).

Cronaldo777
12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Do what's the best Spidah?whats your build of pure tank?

Enisceloz
12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
I wrote it somewhere in this thread look it up.

Reggin
12-31-2012, 11:02 PM
I still think for a pure tank standpoint, my (ugg) build is hard to beat. It's only when you have the desire to do things other than tank that there is a reason to vary from it.

It definitely fits the description for a pure tank build and I've had some positive feedback come in from others who try it out...

Kenoon
01-01-2013, 03:15 AM
I still think for a pure tank standpoint, my (ugg) build is hard to beat. It's only when you have the desire to do things other than tank that there is a reason to vary from it.

It definitely fits the description for a pure tank build and I've had some positive feedback come in from others who try it out...

Your guide is about Elite boss tanking.
It is good because whenever you lose aggro, the only way to pull the elite boss back immeditately is to execute an active Taunt skill which ignores any player's accumulated threat aggro.

The build is very team dependent and doesn't rely on threat accumulation.
When comes to leveling, it is a liability to the team since you contribute low damage output.
If we were to play Jarl killing, yes you can hold the aggro most of the time because you have an addtional active taunt skill, but it will take donkey years for you to solo Jarl.

The builds i mentioned in this thread, is generally more for teamplay tanking.
A similar Elite boss tanking build as explained in your thread that Chest Splitter, Axe Throw, HoR, Vengeful Blood skill rotation is sufficient.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?80846-Ugg-s-Pure-Elite-Tank-Build&p=910386&viewfull=1#post910386

If this build versus with your jugg build, yes, under skill rotation wise, it will lose out to you every 45seconds.
How many rounds of 45secs for this taunt skill (juggernaut) becomes available to use?
Axe Throw and HoR skill rotation with Chest Splitter have sufficient short cooldowns to cycle the skill rotations to keep the boss busy with active taunt consistently.

Another way is to give up Chest Splitter and learn Skyward Smash with stun and Axe throw with stun.
The skill rotations should be more effective since the boss can't move during a stun and that will buy time for him to use taunt skill to pull boss back again.

But certain rate of chance to stun versus consistent taunt skill rotation with Chest Splitter, i will choose Chest Splitter.
When CS is executed during a boss wind-up, the aggro isn't that powerful as an active Taunt skill, but the boss will show an exclamation mark above his head indicating that he has taken notice of you.

Under Jarl runs, you would always see Jarl showing multiple times of ! Mark whenever there are 2 or more warriors around. This is because they learnt Chest Splitter and if the warriors doesn't stand on same direction position against the other classes, that is where we be seeing Jarl keep switching directions.

Under Tower boss, Chest Splitter helps me to draw his attention pretty consistently.
I would normally request an additional warrior friend with build 3 (dps tanking) to play the run and stand on same position with me against our rogue/mage.

Our skill rotations of HOR helps both of us to have full life, relaxing & stress-free tanking since we have more than enough Taunt to draw the boss attention.

I have not tried to use Axe Throw yet to see whether it will cancel the aoe windup animation of the tower boss yet.
If it does, as mentioned, CS, AT, VB, HOR is sufficient enough :)

Cronaldo777
01-01-2013, 03:50 AM
@ Kenoon what's aggro? So what do U think is the best build for pure tank?

Arsies
01-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Axe Throw is not interrupting anything. Using it in my rotation together with Windmill, Jugg and HoR.

Crystalite
01-01-2013, 09:59 AM

I know I'm a bit late replying to this post (dated before xmas), but I'm interested in the 190dmg bit. Did you mean 190dps instead? If not, mind sharing how that can be achieved? Coz I play a mage too hehe. Thanks in advance :)

On another note, as a warrior myself I would like to thank everyone who have kindly shared their builds here with the community. It's a great help to everyone! :)

Enisceloz
01-01-2013, 04:02 PM
I know I'm a bit late replying to this post (dated before xmas), but I'm interested in the 190dmg bit. Did you mean 190dps instead? If not, mind sharing how that can be achieved? Coz I play a mage too hehe. Thanks in advance :)

On another note, as a warrior myself I would like to thank everyone who have kindly shared their builds here with the community. It's a great help to everyone! :)

Ill check out his stats when I see him again. I'm pretty sure it was Dmg and not DPS because he's setting his toon for PvP!

Reggin
01-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Does anything other than an elite area even need a tank? I did the entire game solo with my rogue not counting elite areas...

That's why I suggest a tank build for elites... because elites are the only reason for having a tank...

Kenoon
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Elite boss probably.
Elite mobs?
You can't be massively tanking mobs by using those skills attempting to clear them effectively.
Staple skills of warrior for damage output is either SS or WM.

I have friends too bragging about how well their rogue can survive & tanky nowadays in current patch.
In my opinion, to each class own advantage, class preference & own class section thread.

Balancing or improvements are releasing every lvl tier cap patch.
I think its still too early to judge warrior class now.
Anyway, non-elite maps isn't that tough for all 3 classes...

Reggin
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Yes... elite mobs are easy to maintain aggro on with my build. Juggernaut taunts everything within 8 meters a total of 6 times over 15 seconds. This keeps aggro on everything by itself on packs as long as your group does target prioritization.

You keep going back to damage staples, but the entire concept of a tank isn't to deal damage. If you want to be a mediocre damage dealer that can act as a mediocre tank, then go for it.

Most things don't need a true tank, but if content is released that requires a real tank, damage isn't worth targeting for tanks. A tank has two functions by definition in any MMO... soak damage and maintain aggro. Perhaps I'm a purist, but I'm not putting points into something that doesn't directly fit those two primary objectives when there is an option to select something that does directly impact those primary areas.

Enisceloz
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey hey I'm not being a mediocre tank lol. I'm doing just fine with one taunt (HoR) and enjoying bashing enemies with my WM and SS. Rogues and Sorcerers on boss want to steal my aggro by skill spamming let them go ahead I don't care. On Elite runs I usually run with my friends who know damn well that they are not going to aggro the entire mob, so they let me handle that (all you need is one AOE taunt) while they take care of single enemies.

Again everyone is trying to sell their build here and we forgetting the main point! IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHO IS IN YOUR PARTY AND HOW WELL THEY PLAY THEIR CLASS IN RELATION TO THE OTHERS IN THE PARTY! Picking a build for a Warrior is all based on TASTE! That is why I love AL, it allows one to be versatile in their play style while maintaining a great degree of effectiveness. If you like to really concentrate most of your runs on beating bosses quick (DEPENDING on your Rogues and Sorcerers) and taking tons of damage and not dealing any back go with Ugg. If you like being effective in Elite Maps and clear them with good time (again depending on your party) go with Kenoon or my build (which I feel is geared for everything and not specializing in one area).

Wizard_Mike
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
DISREGARD!

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along...:unconscious:

*hides*

Enisceloz
01-01-2013, 10:55 PM
You mentioned earlier in this thread how Ugg's build was very team dependent, and now you explain how yours is just as dependent on the right team. So if both are dependent on having the right team, then that isn't a selling point for either one.

What WOULD be a selling point would be a build that is not dependent on having the right team. A build that can tank for any group makeup, with players of any skill level. The fact that Ugg's build does not rely on threat accumulation, as you so stated, means that it can actually accommodate any type of group, because it doesn't rely on the rest of the team to follow specific rules or strategies. Even the worste team, in which the DPSers constantly pull aggro, can be managed with the 4-taunt build. You clearly state that your build relies on a good team. So I think you are kind of making Ugg's case for him.

First of all you quoted me wrong on the first quote, I didn't write that lol. But to elaborate just a little more:

Dependent on a team to reach their true potential/intention (don't see why I need to get more into specifics with this). And all builds are team dependent (Warrior, Sorcerer, Rogue, it is a team game afterall). I'm not making a case for no one actually. I respect each build just as long as you know how to utilize it to its the best. And yeah I agree with you Uggs will keep everyone safe even if the rest don't know what the hell their doing. But like Kenoon said earlier it's not going to get you fast runs (specially Elite) and if his teammates aren't killing quick he's racking up that pot count!

Wizard_Mike
01-01-2013, 11:41 PM
First of all you quoted me wrong on the first quote, I didn't write that lol.
Oh boy, not only did I mix that up, I mixed up the threads. I was thinking this was in the Ugg's build thread, not Kenoon's thread. That's why I thought the post I quoted wad you, lol. So yeah, disregard my post, because it was entirely based on the fact that I (mistakenly) thought you were contradicting yourself, lol.

ABORT!!! :p

Enisceloz
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Oh boy, not only did I mix that up, I mixed up the threads. I was thinking this was in the Ugg's build thread, not Kenoon's thread. That's why I thought the post I quoted wad you, lol. So yeah, disregard my post, because it was entirely based on the fact that I (mistakenly) thought you were contradicting yourself, lol.

ABORT!!! :p

Hehehe no problem bro, it happens!

Reggin
01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Eni... your build is definitely more versatile... No question about it. And in most cases you will be able to tank with ease, especially with random PUGs that don't have the top gear you do.

I only say mediocre tank because a build with 1 taunt simply can't hold aggro the way the 4 taunt build can. If you and I ran together, just us, I'd hold aggro pretty much the entire time.

From a pure tanking standpoint, that is the core goal. Take all the damage for the group and don't die.

I will say that your build is definitely a good build and you play the class well (we wouldn't be friends if we didn't think that way about each other). However, it's not really a tank build. It's a warrior build.

In WoW for example, not all warriors or paladins are tanks. Based on gear and spec, many can be more classified as medium dps with higher than average survivability. They can off tank some things and even some of the non end game bosses. However, when compared to a pure tank they can't fill that role efficiently.

If you just like playing quickly and do a lot of PUGs or play with other warriors, definitely go with a build like Ken or Eni. It is definitely a jack of all trades type of warrior build. However, from a standpoint of pure tanking ability with a party of high dps players, my build is going to result in faster clears, less pots used, and less party deaths. Also less damage taken by the rest of the party.

It isn't as fun to play with if you like aggressively charging in and killing stuff, but if you enjoy the concept of tanking and have the same philosophy as me regarding what a tank should do (soak damage and keep aggro at all costs) then my build will win every time.

Just be prepared to change your play style and learn how to effectively use the build, because it definitely requires skill to use it effectively. A damage based warrior build with only HoR has room for error since aoe damage can maintain a decent amount of aggro. However, my build leaves very little room for error as an ill timed crit streak from a rogue can lead to a problem if taunt cooldowns aren't managed properly.

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Eni... your build is definitely more versatile... No question about it. And in most cases you will be able to tank with ease, especially with random PUGs that don't have the top gear you do.

I only say mediocre tank because a build with 1 taunt simply can't hold aggro the way the 4 taunt build can. If you and I ran together, just us, I'd hold aggro pretty much the entire time.

From a pure tanking standpoint, that is the core goal. Take all the damage for the group and don't die.

I will say that your build is definitely a good build and you play the class well (we wouldn't be friends if we didn't think that way about each other). However, it's not really a tank build. It's a warrior build.

In WoW for example, not all warriors or paladins are tanks. Based on gear and spec, many can be more classified as medium dps with higher than average survivability. They can off tank some things and even some of the non end game bosses. However, when compared to a pure tank they can't fill that role efficiently.

If you just like playing quickly and do a lot of PUGs or play with other warriors, definitely go with a build like Ken or Eni. It is definitely a jack of all trades type of warrior build. However, from a standpoint of pure tanking ability with a party of high dps players, my build is going to result in faster clears, less pots used, and less party deaths. Also less damage taken by the rest of the party.

It isn't as fun to play with if you like aggressively charging in and killing stuff, but if you enjoy the concept of tanking and have the same philosophy as me regarding what a tank should do (soak damage and keep aggro at all costs) then my build will win every time.

Just be prepared to change your play style and learn how to effectively use the build, because it definitely requires skill to use it effectively. A damage based warrior build with only HoR has room for error since aoe damage can maintain a decent amount of aggro. However, my build leaves very little room for error as an ill timed crit streak from a rogue can lead to a problem if taunt cooldowns aren't managed properly.

What's funny bro is I usually run with very good and very high Dmg/DPS Rogues and Sorcerers and I still find myself soaking a lot of damage (when fighting mobs specially in Elite). Remember only HoR and Jugg have an AoE taunt (for those that don't know, it means it taunts everyone withing a certain perimeter depending on how you upgrade that particular skill. Just writing this for those who don't know) and HoR has a way shorter cool down than Jugg, meaning if one of my party members for some reason takes aggro on more than one enemy I can get it back while they take down whoever they are targeting (Elite mobs) and usually the cool down is short enough that if they are all near me, I can give them the shield buff and the healing buff, saving the day. So I believe I have less room for error when it comes to skill cycling. Since you have both AoE taunt skills and don't have to worry about loosing aggro from a mob. Actually I been meaning to ask you, what is your skill cycle with your build?

Reggin
01-02-2013, 11:30 AM
I'll post my skill cycle in my build thread since it's relevant to anyone reading that thread.

Kenoon
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
This game is pretty simple to play compared to other MMORPG.
I used to play WoW for few years previously too.
Main is Paladin tank and Warrior Off-tank.

I know what is the role of a tank and what to do in a raid party too.
As i mentioned in Reggin's thread, his tank build is meant for maxed lvl cap elite boss.
His role is a pure tanker.

For rest of the tanking builds around, each have its own characteristic.
Some builds are meant for mobbing.
Some are for crowd control and etc.

Ultimately is still up to individual preference and playing style.
Some may find Build ABC is working good for him/her.
Others may find Build XYZ is working better for them.
Some may like softcore whereas some like hardcore *j/k*

I don't really go around all different posts to hard sell about how well my build is,
since this game is still new and still have many rooms for improvement.
Who knows in future Juggernaut might be replaced with a new taunt skill like Rogue in current patch.
Thus i am open with new idea. ;)

Kenoon
01-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Elite Boss Tank Build: Using affordable & cheap gears to deliver low pot tanking.

Introduction:
This build is meant for every late game max level cap and used solely for Boss tanking purpose.
Using high dex gears and Rally cry, i blended in more options to make it feasible for taunting.
This build can be further converted in a Mass Mobbing leveling build by replacing Axe Throw with Skyward Smash or Windmill for faster leveling. With the extra 1~2 skill point, add it to Chest Splitter Area of effect skill which explodes after killing a mob. The 2nd skill point can be added to enable the knockback effect as you do mass mobbing for better survivality.

Test on Day 1: (Refer to next post for finalised result)

I am now testing my new tanking build that rely on Rally Cry for greater dodging while maintaining aggro.
Most likely to learn Agility as passive skill.

Total potential dodge rate:
23.86% from gears + 25dex passive + 25% dodge from Rally Cry
= 48.86%% + 25dex passive.

Below are two of the gears setup before adding Agility.

Ideal Gear setup ignoring health if build tested to work:
http://i.imgur.com/tnlfp.jpg

My current setup with some Str gears:
http://i.imgur.com/QUDyI.jpg

Kenoon
01-05-2013, 12:44 PM
** It seems that the 50% buff bonus from Rally Cry does not boost up the 25% dodge rate on character screen.
I tried several times but unfortunately it doesn't work.
Not sure if this is a bug though or maybe it just affect the initial skill effect which is the dmg reduction.

Ok this is a pic of my warrior after respec to full dex.
Dodge rate i managed to hit 54.51% and i get hit at lesser rate.
Apparently, it isn't that amazing due to low health.

http://i.imgur.com/Dv8yC.jpg

And thus, i went back to Full str stats and Might passive this time round.

This is with buff and dex accessories:
http://i.imgur.com/ndQ2n.jpg

This is with buff and high str low dex and dodge accessories:
http://i.imgur.com/fHEZe.jpg

Conclusion:
Tested multiple times to work effectively in Jarl map and Elite mob maps.
The warrior is able to survive against many Elite mobs with the right skills rotation.
The mobs nearby Jarl no longer hit me that easily and i never use hp pot as though i'm at Lv16.

The downside for using this dodge pet is that we have no mana regen and thus rely on mana pot.
A swap on Esteban pet would solve this issue.
I am using Granite as pet at the moment which solves my mana issue and yet provides me with dodge rate %. Granite's active skill is AOE stun which helps me to buy some time for tanking.
The cooldown for its skill is pretty fast.

Skills i used:
Chest Splitter with interrupt skill
Axe Throw with all skills including stun
Rally Cry all skills except the 4th which increases movement speed
Horn of Renew all skills except for the increase range.
5 skill points to Might Passive.
All stat points are added to Str. Dex isn't really that feasible in this case.

Skills rotation:
Charge & release CS for first attack.
Activate RC & Pet skill. (chance to stun)
Charge & release AT for debuff on boss. (chance to stun)
Start spamming normal attack.
Execute CS every 4 sec.
Normal attack & execute AT for immediate taunt if boss is being aggro-ed by team mate. (chance to stun)
Spam Pet skill whenever available. (chance to stun)
If AT is under cooldown, charge & release HoR (2sec shield + heal) or RC (+25% dodge to allies).
This will buy you time until AT is available under its 7sec cooldown for you to taunt boss again.

My style of gameplay in this case would be more relaxing & flexible.
I do not require to pin my full focus to keep taunting boss back to me whenever i lose aggro.
Rally Cry is more party friendly and thus allows me to buy time to taunt boss back using AT.
Enjoy! ;)

Total Gold Spent:
Surprisingly low cost.
Won't even cost you more than 50k to make one.
Good for new warriors wannabe. :)

http://i.imgur.com/wxwQCl.jpg

16/01/2013
**PS: As of recent patch, Protector series Sword & Shield becomes available.
I would recommend to use Protector of Grace for the dex and dodge rate %.

Also after some revision, i would say it is feasible to use the skills below for mp issue:

=[Finalised Taunt Warrior Build ]=

Elite Boss Taunting Build
Axe Throw (learn #1 armor reduction, #2 Stun, #4 Chain Bait)
Vengeful Blood (learn #3 increase duration, #4 for boosted Strength)
Rally Call (learn all except the movement buff #4 skill)
Horn of Renew (learn everything except increase range)
5 skill points to Might passive. (Perfectionist may go 5 pts to Dex passive)
*** Damage and critical rate % is not important here since we don't need damage.

Leveling Build (Choose either Skyward or Windmill as your main leveling skill)
Skyward Smash or Windmill (learn range, damage and stun for Skyward. learn range, damage and duration for windmill)
Vengeful Blood (learn everything)
Rally Call (learn all except for #1 additional effect and movement buff #4 skill)
Horn of Renew (learn everything except increase range)
5 skill points to Might passive. (Perfectionist may go 5 pts to Dex passive)
*** Beneficial effect isn't important here since your dodge rate is already very high.

Axe throw cooldown is 7seconds which is sufficient enough to buy time for taunting boss.
Vengeful blood gives Str, Damage, Health, Critical rate & MP regeneration.
Rally Call gives bonus to dodge rate for full party.
Horn of Renew gives friendly protective buff to party and mass healing.

RC and HoR is pretty much enough to buy extra time to allow AT to do skill rotation.
Purpose of your role would be taunting elite boss throughout the game and give friendly buffs to team.

Scenario:
You kick off with Axe Throw to Taunt the boss.
Boss starts to attack you.
Your team dps rogue causes Boss to turn his position to her.
You cast Horn of Renew to give party a 2sec invincible shield and healing for few seconds.
Boss turns back to you as your Horn of Renew was Charged which activates the taunt.
While HoR is still healing you, charge up and release Rally Cry.
*Boss misses you while you are 'tanking'*
Team dps rogue causes Boss to turn his position to her again.
You cast Axe Throw to taunt boss back.
Dps rogue causes Boss to turn his position to her once again.
You charged up and release Rally Cry together activating Malison's active skill.
Total dodge bonus for party = 25+15 = +40% dodge for all teammates in range.

This build may seems to be a troll build, but the ease of usage and feasibility is better than any tanking build as of now, moreover disgustingly cheap for the gears purchase.
And with the revised build, you can use any pet within your affordability. :)
For the richer players, they will go for Malison since it gives boosted stats and party friendly 15% dodge buff which suits this build even more. :)
For solo-ing, Estaben would give you a fixed 10% dodge rate is which much safer.

Kenoon
01-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Bring up my post.v:)

Taxxor
01-14-2013, 09:53 PM
with the new legendary chest items I have more HP and dodge, but mana is a problem..have less than 150.

dodge reaches 50.5% and close to 3k HP

beargasm
01-14-2013, 10:58 PM
heres my warrior. focuses solely on tanking alone. taunts and heals no attack skills. works well with my guildmates and everyone is happy having to consume less pots lol :D
add me in game if you want to play with me ;)

Kenoon
01-15-2013, 05:31 AM
heres my warrior. focuses solely on tanking alone. taunts and heals no attack skills. works well with my guildmates and everyone is happy having to consume less pots lol :D
add me in game if you want to play with me ;)

its just for tanking. i already have my pvp skills sorted. but for the purpose of less pots consumption for chest hunting i changed skills to HoR/VB/Jugg/rally cry. so yea its just basically buffs heals and taunts and dmg redux :)

Yep, workable.
I would say the purpose of Vengeful blood in your build is just meant for mp regeneration.
Other than that with dodge gears, the bonus from VB is redundant.

But, on the otherhand, we can tweak abit to make this tanking build even more flexible.
I would prefer AT, VB, RC, HoR and this setup is more useful and spammable since Axe throw cooldown is 7secs.
This will allow us to use any pets in-game that we like.

beargasm
01-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Yep, workable.
I would say the purpose of Vengeful blood in your build is just meant for mp regeneration.
Other than that with dodge gears, the bonus from VB is redundant.

But, on the otherhand, we can tweak abit to make this tanking build even more flexible.
I would prefer AT, VB, RC, HoR and this setup is more useful and spammable since Axe throw cooldown is 7secs.
This will allow us to use any pets in-game that we like.

yup had AT instead of jugg before and AT does seem better. hoping for another free skill reset though when pvp arrives haha dont want to spend $$ atm. thanks for the feedback ;)

Kenoon
01-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Actually I would call this a Taunt warrior instead of Tank warrior because of the skills set been used.
Purpose of making this dodging setup is plainly for survivality & also party friendly.
You replaced the role of a traditional tank warrior and becomes a 'seducer' that gives friendly buffs to team instead.
That's the whole idea for this setup lol.

Kenoon
01-15-2013, 06:39 PM
***Updated some facts & revision for this build:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78475-Warrior-Tanking-123-with-explanations&p=918631&viewfull=1#post918631

http://i.imgur.com/wxwQCl.jpg

Limitational
01-16-2013, 01:04 AM
That looks really good actually. Definately gonna have a look at the new watch gear now, If you didn't have a malison what pet would you think would be a good replacement? I got most of the easily farmable free pets, Was thinking loki, flap or snaggletooth for mana regen and +str or esteban for the extra 10% dodge

Kenoon
01-16-2013, 01:50 AM
That looks really good actually. Definately gonna have a look at the new watch gear now, If you didn't have a malison what pet would you think would be a good replacement? I got most of the easily farmable free pets, Was thinking loki, flap or snaggletooth for mana regen and +str or esteban for the extra 10% dodge

Esteban is good for leveling or taunting since its active skill is AOE Stun.

serhat
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
thanks for useful informations

HeartlessX92
01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Hm. I bought a heroic set and got new jewlery, with esteban I only hit 50% dodge when buffed, what am I missing? Is malison really the difference for 20% dodge ?

Kenoon
01-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Hm. I bought a heroic set and got new jewlery, with esteban I only hit 50% dodge when buffed, what am I missing? Is malison really the difference for 20% dodge ?

Sword & Shield when procs gives u 15% dodge.
Malison's arcane (active) skill gives 15%.

ShadowGunX
01-19-2013, 12:14 AM
hey kenoon
u gonna make a pvp-CTF build?

Kenoon
01-19-2013, 08:31 AM
hey kenoon
u gonna make a pvp-CTF build?

Haven't get my hands in this game yet.
Later will go try & figure something out from it :\

iSupah
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
This is the same exact build i use and find effective except i use juggernaught(only the heal) and I max'ed out windmill because the snare helps for me lol. I thought i was the only one with this build. Btw, bro mind if i add you? I have no friends on these forums.

Enisceloz
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Sure bro no problem. Glad to hear this build is working great for you!

kangdadang
02-01-2013, 04:38 AM
hi there..... im new to 21 n wanna be tank, but im little confused with the gear set, there so many like stability or bla bla bla, can u give me advise which heroic set for ur build

Enisceloz
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
hi there..... im new to 21 n wanna be tank, but im little confused with the gear set, there so many like stability or bla bla bla, can u give me advise which heroic set for ur build

Specify who's build?? I use Demonlord of Will set. However this set is very expensive!!

kangdadang
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Specify who's build?? I use Demonlord of Will set. However this set is very expensive!!

kenoon build the cheap one lol, coz i dont have much gold :)

Taxxor
02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Weapon - Protector of Grace
Armour - Heroic Watch Armour of Stability
Helmet - Heroic Watch Helmet Stablity

Ring (up to you , personally go 26 str 13 dex + 2.02% dodge)
Amulet (up to you , personally go 26 str 13 dex + 2.02% dodge)

Str so more HP

Pet
- Malison
-Esteban
-Koko
-Bopbop (if you odnt have gold gives 10% dodge)

kangdadang
02-12-2013, 04:57 AM
thanks a lot
Weapon - Protector of Grace
Armour - Heroic Watch Armour of Stability
Helmet - Heroic Watch Helmet Stablity

Ring (up to you , personally go 26 str 13 dex + 2.02% dodge)
Amulet (up to you , personally go 26 str 13 dex + 2.02% dodge)

Str so more HP

Pet
- Malison
-Esteban
-Koko
-Bopbop (if you odnt have gold gives 10% dodge)

blaze602
05-03-2013, 04:21 AM
can you please provide a new update for best warrior build cap to 31.. thanks

ishyrionek
05-03-2013, 05:34 AM
can you please provide a new update for best warrior build cap to 31.. thanks

Necro... :-)
So many other newer topics about it.... Just. Look at topics on 1st site of normally displayed topics, u will surelly find somethink :-)

Cremated
05-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Need to be sticked xD its so thorough.