PDA

View Full Version : New archers read here!!

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL; READ THIS ENTIRE POST!!

Hi guys, i've been playing for a few weeks now, since a few days after the game started.. and i've come up with a pretty much sure plan on how to make a successful archer.

First things first, be smart about your archer.. especially when and where to place attribute and skill points.

Archers:
You don't need intelligence or strength to be a successful archer. What you need most is dexterity. This effects your damage per second (dps) and your hit and crit %'s. Those of you archers who, for example, have skill points that are like 40 strength, 80 dexterity, 25 intelligence.. you guys are wasted accounts. Basically what you've done is wasted 65 attribute points that could've been put into dexterity. You know who you are. For example:

My archer's stats (level 30) are 2 strength (which is what you start with), 152 dexterity, and 1 intellegence.. and those are my stats with no items equipped. My items buff me up to 2 strength, 167 dex, and 1 int. My damage is 73-85 and my dps is 74, also.. my hit % is 145 and my crit is 26.

My kills:4792
My deaths:54

now, on the other side of the arguement:

A random guy i found, who will remain nameless (out of respect) is level 29, his stats are 35 strength, 78 dexterity, and 35 intelligence. His damage is 46-56 and his dps is 43. His hit % is 110 and his crit is 16.

His kills: 2906
His deaths:182

It really speaks for itself, and its obvious.. he is only 1 level, 1 single level... below me, and his archer doesn't even compare to mine. My stats were better (dps, crit, hit %, etc.) were better than his when i was like level 15. He needs to re-roll his attribute points and fix his character, especially if PvP ever gets put into the game.

As an archer i'm obligated to help each and every one of you, if you want. Please don't post any disrespectful comments trying to tell me i'm wrong, because you'll just waste your time. For those of you who think that i'm wrong, level your account however you wish, and when pvp is implemented into the game.. come find me. Then we'll really test it.

Feel free to add me. Friends are great.

Splurd
04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
kill death ratio means nothing.

My lvl 24 archer has 1306 kills and 9 deaths.

What does that say about me.
(it says I've been leaching lol)

Also, deaths can be for many reasons, It could be due to his playing style, he rushes into monsters and doesnt pay attention to his health. IT could be because he likes to solo, and thus has a harder time surviving. It could be due to so many things.

Since you made two threads I feel obligated to reply you twice.

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
The kill/death ratio was just a small point to be made in a much bigger picture. The actual stats breakdown is where the focus is. Thanks though.

hoopy
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
how do you advance past level 13? I am there but not getting any exp.

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
haha you have to purchase the next dungeon, my friend. Go to "specials" and purchase the dark forest.

hoopy
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
will do. That was what I was thinking. Just wanted to be sure.

Splurd
04-24-2010, 03:39 AM
The kill/death ratio was just a small point to be made in a much bigger picture. The actual stats breakdown is where the focus is. Thanks though.

Just saying that, going "my kill death ratio is better then his so my character is better" is not valid. I was in agreement with post till I read that portion.

But, just to note, there is some benefit to adding to other stats. Adding 11 str and int will result in 1 h/s or m/s.

This does help alot with the survivability and less dependence on potions. It does not really increase your survivability, but just reduces potion dependence by alot.

It does reduce dps, but it is so insignificant that it is hardly an issue (because shooting a monster for 100 dmage 5 times and shooting a monster for 101 damage 5 times... is really the same thing, no?)

Plus the increased manapool does allow more spamming of skills

Disastrix
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry but this is not the best thread because all archers arent dedicated to ranged dps. My archer kicks butt both solo and in dungeons. In dungeons i dps a lot but when i solo i have a great way to play that kills big mobs really quick. My build starts with level 2 u add 5 to str to even it with dex. Then add 5 to dex at ur next level and then after that add 5 to str. Then i started lowering the str added. The str is soley for iron claymore and some other warrior gear. I dont wanna say full dex is bad but u cant say its the only way to play an archer.

Leviticus
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Where in this post did I say that I'm better than him because my k/d ratio is better than his? No where. I only added to the topic as a reference. So splurd you might have an IQ of like 7. And as far as disastrix post, I never said that there is only one way to make an archer. Frankly, I think your method is pointless too, but the more garbage archers there are out there, the better an easier it will be for archers like me.

The end.

Justg
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
What type of leader board would you guys like to see for this?

Be cool yall.

Leviticus
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure that a leaderboard could be added until there was something to lead at. If/when pvp is implemented then maybe a leaderboard could be cool.

Splurd
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM
blah blah blah It really speaks for itself blah blah blah his archer doesn't even compare to mine. blah blah blah

lalalala
Well arent you a feisty one, being oh so defensive.

And no my IQ is definitely not 7.
Its 11! I have 11 int! *inserts the maniacal laughter of Count von Count"

Leviticus
04-24-2010, 02:54 PM
That's really something, and when I said that his archer doesn't compare to mine I wasn't referring directing to our k/d ratios. I was referring to hit %, crit, damage, dps, etc. I feel like you might have selective reading disorder or something but maybe you should read the entire thread again and not try to put words in my mouth. :)

Splurd
04-24-2010, 03:03 PM
O gee, then why even mention K/D ratio? Hmmmm

Seriously, your argument is fail. You posted his stats AND his KD ratio, and yet only claim to refer to his stats. Being very "Selective" after I point out how stupid it is to compare K/D ratio.

In anycase, I shall not pursue this issue. I rest safely in the knowledge that My archer is Smarter then Your Archer. Huzzah!

Serpent330
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
...What you need most is dexterity...

I agree, DEX is critical for Archers, but it doesn't hurt to spend a few points in STR/INT for the H/s or M/s boost. As Splurd noted...

...Adding 11 str and int will result in 1 h/s or m/s...

Or as I've noted in the Archer +2 Regen Build (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?762-Archer-2-Regen-Build), combining 10 STR/INT with regen gear you can get +2 H/s or M/s. And I've found the regen boosts to be very helpful as I don't have to burn Meditation or health pots as often, especially when soloing.

Either way, I'm sure you can't go wrong, unique builds make the game interesting. And who knows, there may be a build out there that trumps all of the above. ;)