PDA

View Full Version : You priced it "what?!"

Rafael Ryan Alessandro
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I had been playing this game for more than 2-weeks now on both my Android and iOs devices...

And I just saw how weapons and pets are skyrocketing in tremendous leaps in the auction houses.

600,000 for a weapon? Who can farm that amount of money? Aside from buying platinum purchases, it still would cost quite high like 200$ in real money.

Unlike pocket legends and the others before, this game is widely downloaded on peoples affordably priced devices and even played in internet cafes; most of them dont have credit cards to splurge on this free game.

Its not like they can exchange "GOLD" to real money credits... I JUST ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SEE THE RATIONALE IN PRICING EXORBITANT AMOUNTS ON ONLINE GAME ITEMS.

IF THINGS LIKE THIS PERVADE, more and more people will just quit and log off.

I am from Brazil, and I bought platinums, but how about your neighbors?

Its just not right.

GREED....

The success of the game will hang unto the AUCTION prices.

Thats' a certainty.

Raxin
12-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Lol until you get a top tier drop and join capitolism

Astrocat
12-08-2012, 11:42 AM
To correct you, $200 would make you have about 3 million and not 600k. And, farming can make you rich in no time. My guild member RaveCandy made 5 million in 2 weeks of farming. Good luck.

Rare
12-08-2012, 12:50 PM
If you can't buy it you have to farm it. Honestly if you got it, would you be the better person and sell it for less?

Phoenician1
12-08-2012, 01:07 PM
To correct you, $200 would make you have about 3 million and not 600k. And, farming can make you rich in no time. My guild member RaveCandy made 5 million in 2 weeks of farming. Good luck.

(with tongue firmly in cheek)
.....yeah, but does he still have a GF/wife or a job now? :highly_amused:

Deathpunch
12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
If you can't buy it you have to farm it. Honestly if you got it, would you be the better person and sell it for less?

I would use it. If I got a second one, I would sell it for less than what everyone else is, though. Heck, other than the listing price, it's pure profit.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Astrocat
12-08-2012, 01:35 PM
(with tongue firmly in cheek)
.....yeah, but does he still have a GF/wife or a job now? :highly_amused:

No worries for this. He only farms about 1 to 2 hours a day.

PYTHON
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I made a similar point in the thread enjoy while u can.
http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs50bf81f53a386.png (http://www.videogamesigs.com)

Energizeric
12-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Short answer: Don't get that weapon that costs 600k. That is an elite rare weapon that very few players will be able to afford. Get a cheaper one.

OMG, these complaining threads are starting to sound like the ones in the PL forum. Please don't destroy this game like how all the complainers destroyed PL. Having expensive rare items in the game is a GOOD THING! It gives most folks something to work towards. There are plenty of good items to choose from in the CS. You don't have to have the most expensive one. When you go car shopping do insist on having a Bentley or a Ferrari? Or do you just get a Toyota or Ford like most people do? And yes, some people will play hours and hours each day to save up enough to get those items, and for them they deserve to have those good items because they worked hard for them.

You can buy a very nice set of pink items for around 10-20k. No that stats will not be as good as the 600k items, but they will surely be good enough to have fun playing and have nice enough gear.

brainiac120
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Short answer: Don't get that weapon that costs 600k. That is an elite rare weapon that very few players will be able to afford. Get a cheaper one.

OMG, these complaining threads are starting to sound like the ones in the PL forum. Please don't destroy this game like how all the complainers destroyed PL. Having expensive rare items in the game is a GOOD THING! It gives most folks something to work towards. There are plenty of good items to choose from in the CS. You don't have to have the most expensive one. When you go car shopping do insist on having a Bentley or a Ferrari? Or do you just get a Toyota or Ford like most people do? And yes, some people will play hours and hours each day to save up enough to get those items, and for them they deserve to have those good items because they worked hard for them.

You can buy a very nice set of pink items for around 10-20k. No that stats will not be as good as the 600k items, but they will surely be good enough to have fun playing and have nice enough gear.

See what you're saying but The prices really are ridiculous. Most don't have time to farm and don't have money to spend on platinum. People should focus on which prices will people buy items for. Very few people will actually buy it because of the price. And the money to put it in the CS can be brutal. One super expensive item next to no one will buy, or a lot of inexpensive items people will actually buy. Think people!

alexleonel
12-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Wow

alexleonel
12-08-2012, 03:59 PM
A lot

alexleonel
12-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Of money

Astrocat
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Wow

A lot

Of money

Try not to tri-tri-triple post.

Muhmota
12-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Apparently its seems most people have never played a mmo before. High end items are always ridiculously priced. And. To achieve these items you must be able to invest 20+ hours a week raiding or have lots of gold. You don't get them from playing casually a few hours a week. Unless your lucky. If they were available to everyone it becomes pointless to play a mmo. It's what keeps you playing.

Simple as if can't afford the time or real money for high end items. You just get to look at them. Same as real life. It takes work or money.

gison
12-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Too Bad,
Farm it. How do u think people get rich? They farm, and farm and farm.
Lazy rich people would buy plat & jut convert it to gold and bam! Ur rich.

Lovee
12-08-2012, 04:35 PM
'Godly' items are meant to have 'Godly' prices! If every equipments are going to be priced at one that's affordable to everyone then it won't be 'Godly' anymore. Furthermore, it's really easy to earn money. You just need to know how :)

yongaries
12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Yes... this is mmo. If its so affordable then I rather play other games. Trying to get the item I want keep me playing. Get to be godly is not the fun but getting to it is.

Daniel Thomas H
12-08-2012, 06:54 PM
people might be using auction house to store the item? im not reallly sure 600k for a weapon is absurd.

Limsi
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Farm with patience my lad, personally even if I purchased plat to get hold of an elite weapon, I never ceased to farm.Good day and goodluck!

McBain
12-08-2012, 08:49 PM
No need to buy the top-tier pinks right now. You honestly don't even need pinks at all at this level of the game, but there are some that are pretty cheap.

Suentous PO
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
The problem sometimes corrects itself. If things are truly overpriced no one buys, prices drop, or merchers loose money putting stuff in auction.
If anyone will pay around a certain price then that's where it will be priced.

Energizeric
12-08-2012, 10:26 PM
The problem sometimes corrects itself. If things are truly overpriced no one buys, prices drop, or merchers loose money putting stuff in auction.
If anyone will pay around a certain price then that's where it will be priced.

Yes, but this has not happened. I can't comment on rogue or warrior weapons, but the mage weapon of choice is the Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault. I've been watching these in the CS, and I can tell you that folks are buying them for 400-500k each. Every day I see only 3 or 4 in the CS, and they are always by different sellers at slightly different price points.

I'm guessing that some players bought gold for plat initially which caused the influx of gold into the game. Then once the gold was there, it just keeps passing its way around.

kateku
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Dont buy, let the price drop and it will come soon. :02.47-tranquillity:

Suentous PO
12-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Yes, but this has not happened. I can't comment on rogue or warrior weapons, but the mage weapon of choice is the Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault. I've been watching these in the CS, and I can tell you that folks are buying them for 400-500k each. Every day I see only 3 or 4 in the CS, and they are always by different sellers at slightly different price points.
Goes to my point. Then if the're there selling, that's what their worth. Looks overpriced by the ppl who have been here before iOS, and I think it will stabilize later, if not drop because new stuff is coming out.

I'm guessing that some players bought gold for plat initially which caused the influx of gold into the game. Then once the gold was there, it just keeps passing its way around.
This is what's trippy to me. In pl, you'd be nuts to buy gold for plat. Here it's a better exchange ratio. That is untill more floods the game.

rivington
12-09-2012, 01:31 AM
no one asks you to use the best weapon

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 03:32 AM
'Godly' items are meant to have 'Godly' prices! If every equipments are going to be priced at one that's affordable to everyone then it won't be 'Godly' anymore. Furthermore, it's really easy to earn money. You just need to know how :)

Although finances aren't a problem for me, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how to get rich. Start a new thread for it or why not create a guide! After all, "its easy" right?

FlameClaw
12-09-2012, 03:40 AM
You see them in Auction, right?

Well, in my point of view, STS aren't guilty. They only make the game and tried to balance it with all their best. The one selling in Auction isn't STS, but players! Arcane Legends players.

Also, if that thing is so unique and rare, how come someone sell it for a little price?

All amount of money is affordable. 1k, 1m, 1b, all of them are affordable. You only need to farm, sell, patients.

If there's someone who don't agreed with this, then how about a little survey to all readers?

If you got a weapon, the rarest and strongest from all weapon, how much will you sell it? 1k? 5k?
For me, I certainly will sell it for 500k-2m.

There must be someone who don't wanna sell it but keep it for him/herself. I'm sure of it. It's all up to you to judge.

Also, people also playing games because they have a goal. Like me, my goal is to make a guild. Other people will have a goal. Like being in the LB, being the richest, being the strongest, being the coolest, etc. One of them are because they want to buy something. If all things are cheap, what will be their goal? Heck, they leave the game because they have no goals and BOOM! Arcane Legends ruined. Arcane Legends ruined, STS ruined. STS ruined, and so the other games.

But it still your decision to agreed with this or not. Just remember if you make a decision remember the survey!

Yes, gentlemen, I change this thread into a survey thread!:cool:

Lol joke. Be cool, gents. Don't be so serious. Chill out. :rolleyes:

FlameClaw
12-09-2012, 03:44 AM

Although finances aren't a problem for me, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how to get rich. Start a new thread for it or why not create a guide! After all, "it's easy" right?

Easy right? :rolleyes:

primaeva
12-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Dear TS: here's a little lesson in economics that you will understand someday, or later in life.

Current prices are not determined by any one party. In this game, it takes maybe a few hundred or maybe thousands of people to arrive at your price of 600k.

Let's create a scenario of four people, Buyer A, Buyer B, Seller A, Seller B.

SA puts up Flamestrike for 800k.
BA and BB refuse to pay the price (cannot afford, or deem it's not worth it.)
SB puts up Flamestrike for 700k, in an effort to get a quicker sale than SA. This is called undercutting.

BA and BB don't buy once more, but are slightly more willing.
SA decides to reprice at 650k, to undercut.
BA and BB refuse to buy.
SB prices it at 600k.

BA hesitates. BB, who has slightly more gold because he's been farming hard instead of whining on forums, snaps it up.

Only SA's Flamestrike is left at the price of 650k.

Either SA will lower the price till BA buys it, or BA will farm enough till it can afford 650k. It's highly possible they will meet in the middle.

Now if a lot of buyers are present, more than sellers, It will keep the price constant or push it UP due to more people willing to fork out slightly more to finally get the Flamestrike.

If a lot more sellers are present, they will continue to undercut each other until they get their own sale and prices will go DOWN.

If you've been watching the CS for weeks and the price is stagnant at 600+k, it means that for weeks, the buyer and seller crowd has been making just the right amount of deals to the point where number of sellers equals number of buyers at 600k.

And there's where you get your price.

Let me assure you that the current CS system encourages undercutting more than it should. It costs about 20+k just to list an item for that much. The system is already in the favour of the buyer-- making your complaint rather invalid, really. The current market price is indeed what the item is worth, and it's the consensus of the thousands of people who play the game.

Your unwillingness to farm up and put in as much toil as 99 other sorcerers is no one's concern. The economy is balanced.

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 05:28 AM
This thread turned into some sort of government rendez-vous XD

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Dear TS: here's a little lesson in economics that you will understand someday, or later in life.

Current prices are not determined by any one party. In this game, it takes maybe a few hundred or maybe thousands of people to arrive at your price of 600k.

SB puts up Flamestrike for 700k, in an effort to get a quicker sale than SA. This is called undercutting.

BA and BB refuse to buy.
SB prices it at 600k.

BA hesitates. BB, who has slightly more gold because he's been farming hard instead of whining on forums, snaps it up.

Either SA will lower the price till BA buys it, or BA will farm enough till it can afford 650k. It's highly possible they will meet in the middle.

Now if a lot of buyers are present, more than sellers, It will keep the price constant or push it UP due to more people willing to fork out slightly more to finally get the Flamestrike.

If a lot more sellers are present, they will continue to undercut each other until they get their own sale and prices will go DOWN.

If you've been watching the CS for weeks and the price is stagnant at 600+k, it means that for weeks, the buyer and seller crowd has been making just the right amount of deals to the point where number of sellers equals number of buyers at 600k.

Let me assure you that the current CS system encourages undercutting more than it should. It costs about 20+k just to list an item for that much. The system is already in the favour of the buyer-- making your complaint rather invalid, really. The current market price is indeed what the item is worth, and it's the consensus of the thousands of people who play the game.

Your unwillingness to farm up and put in as much toil as 99 other sorcerers is no one's concern. The economy is balanced.

These are lies. You must have more than 2 letters in your toons name. BA and SA don't exist.

seriously though. This is a bit verbose but accurate. Put in some bullet points and repost as Economy [GUIDE] to help the part of the planet having a hard time grasping this.

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 06:25 AM
These are lies. You must have more than 2 letters in your toons name. BA and SA don't exist.

seriously though. This is a bit verbose but accurate. Put in some bullet points and repost as Economy [GUIDE] to help the part of the planet having a hard time grasping this.

Learn to read. BA and SA were examples.

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Learn to read. BA and SA were examples.

*blank stare, head shake, sigh*

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 06:36 AM
*blank stare, head shake, sigh*

Good idea. I was about to do the same.

CrimsonTider
12-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Let's see how all the supporter's of "high" prices like them if STS took out the ability to buy gold with plat, or made the exchange rate closer to that of PL.

Also, I understand the concept of "rarity". However, these "rare", overpriced items are seen all over the game. We also have prices close to PL in this game. With lower liquidation rates, pet feeding, and high elixir prices, please explain to me again how AL players have PL gold... oh yeah, plat.

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 06:57 AM
let's see how all the supporter's of "high" prices like them if sts took out the ability to buy gold with plat, or made the exchange rate closer to that of pl.

Also, i understand the concept of "rarity". However, these "rare", overpriced items are seen all over the game. We also have prices close to pl in this game. With lower liquidation rates, pet feeding, and high elixir prices, please explain to me again how al players have pl gold... Oh yeah, plat.

y u dont get sum plat dude.???

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 07:49 AM

BA and BB refuse to buy.
SB prices it at 600k.

Your example is faulty because SB would only actually undercut by one gold.

-----

primaeva
12-09-2012, 08:10 AM

Lol unless it gets stickied, let's just copy-pasta these examples to every thread that pops up. I'll format it later though.

@Deathpunch: not sure if sarcasm... but CS shows about 5-10k of undercutting on said item Flamestrike rod. Anyway, even if it was undercut by 1, the mechanism still applies.

A last point. The difference between the 15 and 16 rods is 200-300k. To the TS: use the 15 and leave the 16s to those who deserve them. I haven't spent a dime on plat and I'm approaching 10m in assets.

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 08:31 AM
@Deathpunch: not sure if sarcasm... but CS shows about 5-10k of undercutting on said item Flamestrike rod. Anyway, even if it was undercut by 1, the mechanism still applies.

Hmm. Did you not read my tapatalk sig? It's always sarcasm, unless I don't intend it to be.

Besides, it isn't really a supply and demand issue. Contrary to what I sometimes think, people on here aren't stupid, they understand the concept, the problem is that there's too much gold out and about from plat sales, and maybe from ally farming during limited release. It's an inflation issue. We see PL prices in the cs while we get SL returns on liquidation. It's unbalanced. Personally, I'm not concerned about what gear I got, if my toon has decent gear, I'm content. I'm just saying the economy is off.

-----

CrimsonTider
12-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Hmm. Did you not read my tapatalk sig? It's always sarcasm, unless I don't intend it to be.

Besides, it isn't really a supply and demand issue. Contrary to what I sometimes think, people on here aren't stupid, they understand the concept, the problem is that there's too much gold out and about from plat sales, and maybe from ally farming during limited release. It's an inflation issue. We see PL prices in the cs while we get SL returns on liquidation. It's unbalanced. Personally, I'm not concerned about what gear I got, if my toon has decent gear, I'm content. I'm just saying the economy is off.

-----

Isn't it amazing how such a simple comment isn't so simply understood?

Worship
12-09-2012, 09:10 AM
This is probably because of 1-2 things..

1. It is a really rare legendary weapon.
2. Putting it there for an extra stash slot, this happened alot in SL and PL

Rare
12-09-2012, 09:15 AM
See what you're saying but The prices really are ridiculous. Most don't have time to farm and don't have money to spend on platinum

After reading this, I don't think you see what he's saying.

Swagcity
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Prices pretty fair to me at the higher levels ie 15 and 16. I spent 30 minutes farming the other day and made 800k . I hardly spend anytime farming but I know this isn't the case for all. Top gear should sell for top price tho and with people buying gold they got money to spend. Which helps farmers who get lucky but hurts casuals until they get lucky.

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 09:56 AM
*takes some popcorns*

goodxlife
12-10-2012, 07:49 AM
The prices are already getting rediculous. People put Crap items up on auction for like 5k and that's for common stuff. There are way too many merchants trying to scam people and it happened on pl, sl, and dl so all I'm saying is that either sts needs to increase gold imcome or put a limit on pricing of certain items.

*Zero*
12-10-2012, 07:57 AM
In the time it took you to make this thread you could've farmed a elite chest and maybe have gotten a elite pink. Just sayin.

Deathpunch
12-10-2012, 12:39 PM
The prices are already getting rediculous. People put Crap items up on auction for like 5k and that's for common stuff. There are way too many merchants trying to scam people and it happened on pl, sl, and dl so all I'm saying is that either sts needs to increase gold imcome or put a limit on pricing of certain items.

Who's scamming? Report them if you have proof. Over pricing "crap" items isn't scamming, if that's what you're referring to. Besides, increasing the income won't solve that problem. All that will do is drive prices higher as people have more spending cash and are less reluctant to hold on to it because they can make it back quicker.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM

It is not scamming if people know what they are getting and paying for and receive it as they saw it.

Just because the price is not what you think it should be does not mean someone is being scammed.

Heyha
12-11-2012, 01:10 AM
To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the system nor the prices. In the first place, sensing that an item is ridiculously priced comes from a subjective view of people with differing wealth hold. The problem lies in the fact that the game being on the app store attracts casual players who perceive this game as a 30minsgoalreachednofarmstillprofit game which is inherently a flawed view of any decently structured mmo with AL being included as 1.

Since everyone view things differently, no common objective can be arrived until only 1 group of people with similar views is left in the game.

DontNerfMeBro
12-11-2012, 01:34 AM
To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the system nor the prices. In the first place, sensing that an item is ridiculously priced comes from a subjective view of people with differing wealth hold. The problem lies in the fact that the game being on the app store attracts casual players who perceive this game as a 30minsgoalreachednofarmstillprofit game which is inherently a flawed view of any decently structured mmo with AL being included as 1.

Since everyone view things differently, no common objective can be arrived until only 1 group of people with similar views is left in the game.

Good post. Could use more hostility tho.