PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] An idea concerning old gear and vanities

Deathpunch
12-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Something occurred to me today while I was eating a taco. What if you allowed us to equip any class allowable armor/helmet into the vanity slot, in effect turning any armor/helmet into a vanity. Obviously, you would have to code in that the stats wouldn't be applied, just the image files, but it would definitely open up a lot of customization of our toons. Not to mention the sneakyness of looking equipped with low level gear when pvp'ing.

Or, if that isn't any good, how about posting an Alchemist in Kraag that could convert your gear into actual vanities? It would strip them of all stats, make them account locked, and you could pay with plat, or preferably, gold.

I suggest this because there are a couple sets of armor that look killer, but we all know no one will wear them after cap update because the new gear would be better stat-wise, even if it is uglier.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Battlegrinder
12-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I've suggested the "convert normal into vanity" idea before (sadly, without response), but never considered the first "equip as vanity" suggestion. I'm kinda kicking myself about forgetting that, especially since I play Spiral Knights, which has that exact feature.

In any case, this is an awesome idea, and STS should definitely implement it in their games.

Deathpunch
12-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I've suggested the "convert normal into vanity" idea before (sadly, without response), but never considered the first "equip as vanity" suggestion. I'm kinda kicking myself about forgetting that, especially since I play Spiral Knights, which has that exact feature.

In any case, this is an awesome idea, and STS should definitely implement it in their games.

Yeah, I've suggested something sort of like this before in SL. No response. Lol!

-----

Lovee
12-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow, this would definitely make my day :)

Lightningspeed
12-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Great idea!

Shonex
12-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Great idea, +1 from me :)

parnasofication
12-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Even more better if they retain 10% of their stats. For example, a level 16 mighty juggernaut helmet will give 2 str, 1 int and 24 armor. Make it founders, forerunners and elite item 16 exclusive. No armors go to waste! :)

Deathpunch
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Even more better if they retain 10% of their stats. For example, a level 16 mighty juggernaut helmet will give 2 str, 1 int and 24 armor. Make it founders, forerunners and elite item 16 exclusive. No armors go to waste! :)

Nah, no stats on vanities.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Ozusaunake
04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
why was this idea never considered?

Orageunas
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
why was this idea never considered?
cos money...

Samhayne
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
We have talked about such a vanity system where any item could be made into a vanity version, for some time now.

Unfortunately, doing what you describe in the current item system would require that we make duplicate versions of each item into a vanity item. That isn't a very good way to do it, so then we're looking at tech time to create a new vanity system. When we consider doing that vs. other things we could do (like the big new system coming in the near future) vanity stuff doesn't stack up with more universally appealing things that add depth to gameplay and character development.

Carapace
04-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Something occurred to me today while I was eating a taco. What if you allowed us to equip any class allowable armor/helmet into the vanity slot, in effect turning any armor/helmet into a vanity. Obviously, you would have to code in that the stats wouldn't be applied, just the image files, but it would definitely open up a lot of customization of our toons. Not to mention the sneakyness of looking equipped with low level gear when pvp'ing.

Or, if that isn't any good, how about posting an Alchemist in Kraag that could convert your gear into actual vanities? It would strip them of all stats, make them account locked, and you could pay with plat, or preferably, gold.

I suggest this because there are a couple sets of armor that look killer, but we all know no one will wear them after cap update because the new gear would be better stat-wise, even if it is uglier.

-----

Unfortunately the reason this is not the case is that each armor set has to be made to custom fit the model for the other two classes. Each of the individual armors and helmets are made with a similar theme, as seen by the current bundle and Noble sets for example, but are themselves different models and set up/custom fit differently for their respective base character models.

It's a question of time and resources, and ultimately would not currently be worth the time investment. not to say it might not be possible in the future, but it is perhaps unlikely.

Thanks for the feedback!

LwMark
04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
In PL we had dragon items, then after a while, yu guys decided to make them craftable.
To bad yu cant just make ONLY the season 1 items craftable, thats what the peeps want, we wana be able to wear our badazz founders warriors sets , forerunner,crier and heraldic. They are sooooo awesome, its like they are a wasted, it just stinks. Maybe add a Fallenprince type character like in PL who says somethin like hey i see u have the coveted founder gear an have a option to craft them.
And if you didnt wana do all the forerunner,crier amd heraldic just ONLY do the founders gear. Thats what the people want. So it would only be a couple item sets ud have to make doubles of.
Trust me people would pay gold and plats to be able to get the founders gear craftable

Honestly imo the warrior set looks best set in game, and its just wasted away :/

So just do it for only the founders gear!? :)

Make it like if u have the helm and armor, u can turn it in to get 1 piece costume (like pl costumes from halloween)

Just sucks when people are rippin through the elite maps kickin butt, we cant rock these wasted sweet awesome items :/

U guys made the purple founders as vanities but honestly those were left in store way to long.

Or maybe u guys should add a veteran system like the other games or if u made ur account a specific date, grant them a set. WITH NO STATS THOUGH.

idk :/

Ozusaunake
04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
We have talked about such a vanity system where any item could be made into a vanity version, for some time now.

Unfortunately, doing what you describe in the current item system would require that we make duplicate versions of each item into a vanity item. That isn't a very good way to do it, so then we're looking at tech time to create a new vanity system. When we consider doing that vs. other things we could do (like the big new system coming in the near future) vanity stuff doesn't stack up with more universally appealing things that add depth to gameplay and character development.

What if you made it so anything in the vanity slot is useless, so it doesn't necessarily change the item but it doesn't go towards your stats?

It's a question of time and resources, and ultimately would not currently be worth the time investment. not to say it might not be possible in the future, but it is perhaps unlikely.

Thanks for the feedback!

I really think you should consider what most of your players want though. You say it's not worth the time investment, but instead of making expansions every 2 or so months (which is more effort than most of the suggestions I've seen) you should start using some of the better suggestions and putting them into the game. In the long run, you wont lose players if you listen to the players, you'll only gain more.

Deathpunch
04-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, at least I got an answer. May not have been the one I hoped for, but it was an answer. Now I can go back to ignoring these games.

Sent from my HTC One X+