PDA

View Full Version : Elite chests question

Shadowkiiller
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Am I going the be able to use the elite chests I save now for after the update and get better loot or am I better off oppening them right now.

Azedrab
12-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Was wondering that too. What will become of Elite mode after the cap raise? Will it remain farmable as is?

Commanderkeen
12-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Am I going the be able to use the elite chests I save now for after the update and get better loot or am I better off oppening them right now.

I believe I saw a post from a Dev saying chest items are scaled at whatever level you are, so saving them seems like it would work out just fine. That's is STS don't nerf elite before level cap raise.

Genuinous
12-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh please leave them the same. I already have about 40 chests stored on 3 chars :D

TheAnonymous
12-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I hope they don't allow them to scale to 21 as saving them from an easy boss e.g. Elite Jarl to use for the end game items is foolish :(

Shadowkiiller
12-09-2012, 12:04 AM
I hope they don't allow them to scale to 21 as saving them from an easy boss e.g. Elite Jarl to use for the end game items is foolish :(

I also think its pretty cheap if people are almost instantly allowed end game gear

Edit: decided to open all my chests no matter what only good thing i got was
Lv 16 Mighty juggernaut helmet of will

Squishyness
12-09-2012, 01:18 AM
i hope it will be the same

Reggin
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
They would likely introduce mega chests or something, so scaled elite chests will make lower tier pinks instead of new top tier pinks.

I'm sure they'll scale, just unlikely sts would let you get 21 cap best items from 16 chests.

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
They would likely introduce mega chests or something, so scaled elite chests will make lower tier pinks instead of new top tier pinks.

Oh? What little bit of knowledge do you have that the rest of us don't that would suggest that?

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Airikay
12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I was kind of hoping when the new level cap raise came out all Elite levels would be made to 20-21. So even Jarl would be set to a Level 20 after update. That way the elite chest would also be scaled up to 20-21 with no issues. Otherwise if we have chest every cap raise, this time next year we will have the Super Duper Extremely Awesome Best Elite Chest.

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Most likely, the chests are already coded to drop level appropriate gear.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Reggin
12-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Wouldn't you like to know... lol... #calledit

Oh? What little bit of knowledge do you have that the rest of us don't that would suggest that?

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Carapace
12-13-2012, 12:03 PM
To reiterate what was stated in a previous post, there will be a new type of chest that provides the new content loot. All current elite chests will scale up to a maximum level of 16, and arguably are not worth holding onto in excess as they will not provide new higher level gear as your character progresses through the new content.

This particular loophole is one we have a handle on :)

Carapace
12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I was kind of hoping when the new level cap raise came out all Elite levels would be made to 20-21. So even Jarl would be set to a Level 20 after update. That way the elite chest would also be scaled up to 20-21 with no issues. Otherwise if we have chest every cap raise, this time next year we will have the Super Duper Extremely Awesome Best Elite Chest.

All current Elite content will now shift into level 20-21 from 15-16, and drop the new chests so all the previous content will still be playable and fun at the new level cap :)

*Zero*
12-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Nope Sam said New chests coming in Dead City.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78972-The-Dead-City-will-have-new-Banded-Chests-no-need-to-horde-current-chests