PDA

View Full Version : Hauntlet records unbeatable

ohHaiii
12-09-2012, 03:29 AM
My team has ran hauntlet 500+ times, and our strategy pretty solid. Buy our times got blown outta the water, i dont get it

Urqui
12-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Higher damage & aim for the mages first

ohHaiii
12-09-2012, 03:38 AM
Lol 1 mage that has 200+ dmg and his aim is fine

Urqui
12-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Lol 1 mage that has 200+ dmg and his aim is fine

Wow, that's insane lol:D
There was a thread from a couple days back about people helping other's beat hauntlet times, just can't find it D:

ohHaiii
12-09-2012, 03:42 AM
np bro dont need help;p

gundamsone
12-09-2012, 03:44 AM
What people have to understand is that our teams have been on leaderboards for pretty much the last 3 weeks up until this week.

I respect those who are better than us but this team composed of the 4 players seem to beat our records based on a pattern

For example we set the record for pure at 1min 15s and they blindly do very few runs and get 1st to 5th spots bumping us down.
We tried again and brought it down to 1min 10s and they get another half dozen runs right after us all within 1s of 1min 10s.

Anyone who has attempted to put together a Hauntlet team knows that completion times are very "random" and it's definetly odd for a new team to shatter the record with just a few runs.
It took us about 2 hours and 40 + runs to get 1 run down at 1min 10s. Our team members are maxed in every aspect so no it's not the gear and I highly doubt we're using the wrong strat.

That being said another pattern I noticed is that they're only slightly beating the records (our records) b/c it'll be do-able and believable in the public's eyes.
I personally pmed one of their members and asked them why they didn't achieve 1min 09s last week. If you can get 1min 09s why stop at 1min 14s was my question?
Ofc the guy couldn't answer me but my guess is that they did not know if 1min 09s was doable legitiamte time when the record was at 1min 14s.
The other member pmed me saying something along the lines of we suck because what they've accomplished what we have in a mere "50" runs which took us hundreds upon hundreds of runs and dozens of hours.

Today the new enhanced record has been shattered down to 59s. The same team took 1st to 10th spot. But what's funny about it is that it's also 5s faster than the previous record.
My assumption is that since they did beat pure 5s faster, that means enhanced is also do-able at 5s faster.

I could be wrong but a bunch of us are highly suspicious of this team.

Urqui
12-09-2012, 03:45 AM
lol okay:tickled_pink:

Shizzler
12-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Yeah that can't be right, there's no way. Must be a hack. Closest my team got was 1:06 and somehow 5 seconds later they got 59 seconds... "Coincidence"? Hell no.

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Yeah that can't be right, there's no way. Must be a hack. Closest my team got was 1:06 and somehow 5 seconds later they got 59 seconds... "Coincidence"? Hell no.

I agree. Aliens are causing global warming because they can't adapt to earth's temperatures... yet.

ohHaiii
12-09-2012, 04:21 AM
aliens? really bro???

Megabird56
12-09-2012, 04:30 AM
I hate when ppl try to call out specific players as possible cheaters on forums or public chat in-game. Its so rude, especially when there is no evidence of it. How delusional to think that if you are not on top, they must be cheating.

If you think theyre cheating, report it, instead of trying to cast suspicion upon people in a public arena just so you can make yourself look like the "true" leader.

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 04:31 AM
aliens? really bro???

No. sarcasm. really... bro.

kateku
12-09-2012, 04:36 AM
What people have to understand is that our teams have been on leaderboards for pretty much the last 3 weeks up until this week.

I respect those who are better than me but this team composed of the 4 players seem to beat our records based on a pattern

For example we set the record for pure at 1min 15s and they blindly do very few runs and get 1st to 5th spots bumping us down.
We tried again and brought it down to 1min 10s and they get another half dozen runs right after us all within 1s of 1min 10s.

Anyone who has attempted to put together a Hauntlet team knows that completion times are very "random" and it's definetly odd for a new team to shatter the record with just a few runs.
It took us about 2 hours and 40 + runs to get 1 run down at 1min 10s. Our team members are maxed in every aspect so no it's not the gear and I highly doubt we're using the wrong strat.

That being said another pattern I noticed is that they're only slightly beating the records (our records) b/c it'll be do-able and believable in the public's eyes.
I personally pmed one of their members and asked them why they didn't achieve 1min 09s last week. If you can get 1min 09s why stop at 1min 14s was my question?
Ofc the guy couldn't answer me but my guess is that they did not know if 1min 09s was doable legitiamte time when the record was at 1min 14s.
The other member pmed me saying something along the lines of we suck because what they've accomplished what we have in a mere "50" runs which took us hundreds upon hundreds of runs and dozens of hours.

Today the new enhanced record has been shattered down to 59s. The same team took 1st to 10th spot. But what's funny about it is that it's also 5s faster than the previous record.
My assumption is that since they did beat pure 5s faster, that means enhanced is also do-able at 5s faster.

For god sake, how did you know if they didnt try for dozen times? How do we know if you really did dozen times?

If we say your record is all cheating do you like it?

Just admit that your team lose thats all. They did better thats all.

Accept it and move on, not everything goes your way.

gundamsone
12-09-2012, 04:38 AM
For god sake, how did you know if they didnt try for dozen times? b/c you'd be scattered all over the board from 2nd to 25th spots and if you have read my entire post the 1 guy admitted to only running a few dozen runs for their records.

How do we know if you really did dozen times? I got coco/shilo and few hundred coins and we try to find the best to go for these records

If we say your record is all cheating do you like it? I've been called a cheater before but I took my time explaining how our team does it and i've even offered to help others get a better time but I admit that we lost but these are just my personal opinions. For me 59s is godly.

and I agree this shouldn't go public but if no one takes notice then maybe this game will be ran by cheaters one day.
again i'm not calling these guys cheaters and what i've said are only my opinions and I guess my opinions mean nothing to the people who don't spend few hours a night attempting these records

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 08:07 AM
I agree. Aliens are causing global warming because they can't adapt to earth's temperatures... yet.

AL Gore, the inventor of the internet, is an alien? Hmm... Learn something new everyday.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

ToPBoY
12-09-2012, 10:43 AM
*hands a Kleenex to saber*

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Posts accusing other players as cheaters are simply public displays of the posting player's frustration at their inadequate performance.

Use the report feature if you feel someone is exploiting the game. Devs will sort out violations. try to keep your dignity in the mean time and try harder.

I went from a 1:54 to a 1:37 because instead of messy PUGs, I ran with 1 awesome rogue for a few runs. It would not have made sense to me before we did it; there IS a process of adapting.

BodMaster
12-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Guess I'm apparently now a hacker... this is the most childish and pretty much the pettiest thing I've ever heard in all my time in StS. (Oct 2010)

You've been beat.

Move on, or try again.

+ 1 to Kateku. (Outa thanks)

@Sabre,

If you call highly suspicious, spam PM'n members with ridiculous accusations, continually calling us hackers, making out that you've contacted Sam to try get us banned you are sorely mistaken.

That's harassing our members, and making silly accusations.

@Str, Stop the water works, and raging in Kraag to anyone you can get to listen.

Take it as friendly and a competitive challenge.

When we ran the first time, we were hardly fully geared, some missing rings/pendants etc, most importantly our mages were missing Clever Flame strike of Assault. (Which I have borrowed to one of them, as I got it in an Elite Silver Chest :D)

Worship
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Jealousy for the best time? Why does it even matter?

Treat
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Our team is constantly changing our strategy, our pets, our skills, and our builds. It takes us hours at a time as every round someone seems to do something silly (usually me). :o I guess we got lucky with our strategy for once. I swear though once we get it we can't beat it again ourselves. Much of the skills depend on percentages. If the percentage hits then we got lucky.

In reply to gundam,
Like I said, we do spend hours. Every round we change our strategy. I say the reason we did better this time was because we changed our weapons, our skills, and I personally got new pendants. Our stats changed quite a bit and it was found to be beneficial. It's all about changing things around. I was welcomed into the team that was previously formed and I am greatful as I have definitely become a better player thanks to the people I run with. I just follow their direction as I trust them with their opinions when it comes to the game. Also, your opinions can be quite hurtful but I won't let it get to me. I thought AL seemed cute. I came to the game seeking fun. So I'm sorry if I upset you, forgive me. I was just having fun with people who have been very kind to me. I'm still learning along the way and i am so thankful for all their help. We didnt keep track of how many times we ran I just know it felt like all night and hours did pass. We end up playing so late that some of our team practically fell asleep.

That being said, I believe in all of you :) we still made a lot of mistakes and there is still improvement to be done. There are so many players out there that haven't attempted and I hope everyone gets the chance to. I never really posted on forums before but once my exams are finished I would love to help anyone if someone needs another player!

ProSophist
12-09-2012, 11:45 AM
"The best thing about being the best is tasting the sweet, sweet tears of all the haters."

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 11:46 AM
"The best thing about being the best is tasting the sweet, sweet tears of all the haters."

Mine are bitter.

-----

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 11:46 AM

I was thinking about this too ^^

BodMaster
12-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Lol Pro.

Have to make those runs a little earlier lol, 3am - 7.30am was a little OTT lol. (Was falling asleep, Treat actually fell asleep lmao)

FearZo
12-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Happy Holidays! Best Team Na ,Eu. Idk about asia lol!!!

Matutd
12-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Bodmasta is obviously a hacker. I'm far better than him and my best time is like 1:50 or so. In fact, anyone better than 1:50 is a hacker. That is all

Cero
12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
rawr, i cant wait to see this guys fight on pvp:)

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I was thinking about this too ^^

That's so Pro of you.

DontNerfMeBro
12-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Bodmasta is obviously a hacker. I'm far better than him and my best time is like 1:50 or so. In fact, anyone better than 1:50 is a hacker. That is all

lol. wait. that's a joke, right?

Matutd
12-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I assume by that reaction that your time is better than 1:50? Hacker!

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I assume by that reaction that your time is better than 1:50? Hacker!

Lol, me too, then, as my time is below 1:50.

note: we are joking, we are not hackers.

-----

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 01:33 PM
That's so Pro of you.

At least someone sees it. ;)

FearZo
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Bump !

MasterGT
12-09-2012, 02:45 PM

I respect those who are better than us but this team composed of the 4 players seem to beat our records based on a pattern

lmao really?

Matutd
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
You're not supposed to admit to being a hacker. Quick, edit your post

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Whom?

Matutd
12-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Whom?
I was supposed to quote deathpunch, but I'm terrible with this android app

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 03:11 PM

No worse than you accusing. Hopefully, everyone understand we are JOKING! I R NO HAX.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

BodMaster
12-09-2012, 03:26 PM

Lmao! I R Hax0r!

rawr, i cant wait to see this guys fight on pvp:)

Can't wait buddy!!!

Going to be good to see "The Clash of the Titles".

Matutd
12-09-2012, 03:31 PM

No worse than you accusing. Hopefully, everyone understand we are JOKING! I R NO HAX.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.
Yeah.... Joking....

McBain
12-09-2012, 04:07 PM
The butthurt in this thread is palpable.

Ephesius
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Well now theres 4 chances of knowing who my alt is. Sry but we will be #1 every season. Did I forget to mention I am pro at arcane legend

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Well now theres 4 chances of knowing who my alt is. Sry but we will be #1 every season. Did I forget to mention I am pro at arcane legend

Zomg... -.-

Rare
12-09-2012, 08:00 PM
It wreaks of something in here.

BodMaster
12-09-2012, 08:11 PM

Lul?

javier995
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Dang bro you were right, this was a good laugh!

Pft, hax? That's your excuse for them beating your record?

So what happens when/if you break their record? Will you be a hacker too? I will tell Samhayne myself if that happens! Because, with your logic, of that record is beat then you and your team are hackers!

Oh btw, Grats to those who beat the record ;). Hope you guys get better and get it a couple seconds lower ;)

Good luck Bod :p <3

Deathpunch
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM

I bet that makes the ladies swoon. /sarcasm

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Justg
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
We'll talk more about this with you guys tomorrow. Lots of drama on the forums this weekend.