PDA

View Full Version : Founders helm is a Unfair advantage pt. 2

Seminole
12-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Its a unfair advantage in late level pvp, and lower level pvp. Its like an extra ring. Especially now that vanity bonus is gone for vanity slot. If you want to show off that you are a founders iis completely fine, sts keep the vanity but take off the bonus. Lets take a inside look into the Founders helm Dilemma.

The Cause:
Founders helm vanity has caused many people to sell/buy their founders account for money. So basically those who are breaking sts rules are getting an advantage in pvp. This is not what founders was intended for. It has caused endless debate in-game and controversy in tournaments. It has caused turmoil amongst all players especially for lower-levels. It has caused people to brag and even make founders only guilds. It has caused many to look the same. Founders helm is STASHABLE. Which allows the user to switch it out between all their toons, giving an advantage to every toon they possess and not their main char in which they first created the account with.

End level Stats:
Although 5 damage 5 armor 5 dps may seem like nothing, this is simply not the case. Combine 5 damage with a crit, it turns into 10 damage. Mages crit 100 percent of the time when fully buffed. With 10 spell attacks, you are doing an extra 100 damage. Now consider 5 armor. This 5 armor takes into effect immediately even before a crit. Causing up to 100 damage less when you consider end-level crit with every 10 attacks. Now consider 5 dps. Add crit to that dps. With every 10 attacks in dps you are doing an additional 100 damage. This is the issue we are dealing with in end-level pvp. Final result is you are looking at a total of an additional 300 damage/damage saved in a normal encounter in late level pvp. I wont even discuss early level pvp because as we all know founders helm is more of a nuisance creating even more of a advantage to the user

The fake people:
I can assure you people will read this thread, and want to act like a total tough guy claiming it doesnt make a difference, or they can beat founders, or how to get over it, or how they dont care blah blah blah. Well im not over it, and neither is a majority of players.We have to consider the facts at hand, which is without a dought founders helm is a unfair advantage at all levels of pvp. The other people against this thread that will disagree are those who have founders. Rightly so, they want to keep the bonus, so they will claim how they never wear the helm when in actuality they do. Time has passed and people stopped complaining, the founders people were happy. Until again when they have to defend their bonus stats.

Reality:
If we are to reward people with an advantage in pvp, why not reward those in leaderboards with the same advantage? Why not reward those who have spent more time in PL (600 hours+)? Why not reward those who have spent more plat then anyone else.(When i say reward I mean reward in a pvp vanity bonus, not some useless statless vanity gear) I dont see why this is only an exclusive item for those who merely happened to make an PL account. This type of logic only puts the rest of us behind. There are others who have put in more dedication, time and commitment then founders players, yet recieve nothing in return as far as pvp advantage. There is also many who have a founders but never created an account at the deadline. How did this happen? What is going on here sts? I believe this is a small step in balancing all levels of PVP.

Conclusion:
So this is my story and im sticking to it. If anything I feel better now that I vented, but I really hope a change is near. I hope for everyone to have the same oppurtunity in low level pvp and late level pvp. Yes this is a dead topic, but it is a dead topic in which EVERYONE is effected. It is a topic in which many of us feel left out and unappreciated. I find founders helm to be unjustifiable and a setback to PL.Since STS is now promoting the idea of "nomore bonuses for vanities", I think now is a better time then ever to bring this situation to the table and find a solution.

Seminole
12-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Since my topic was a hot topic and Parth epicallly owned everyone in proving they are "fakes", I would like to continue this debate:)

BlueSkied
Deja deja deja deja vu

AbsolutePally
How about a ban then you don't have to worry about it anymore?

Seminole
12-09-2012, 05:18 AM

Thought you quit? Glad to see you still around.

Artemis
12-09-2012, 05:19 AM
ooo, tip. Creating another thread after the first one was locked is a Nono, lol

Seminole
12-09-2012, 05:19 AM

Since you are still here how about a 1v1? with our level 71s

Waug
12-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Lol lol, atleast correct yourself this time

combine 5 dmg+ 1 crit = 10 dmg

Montanabro
12-09-2012, 06:19 AM
You say you want to "continue this debate" but you also say "So this is my story and im sticking to it." I'm confused. Are you two different people?

Cobraguy
12-09-2012, 06:55 AM
This isn't going to end well....
IBTL....

Seminole
12-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Lol lol, atleast correct yourself this time

Sigh....

Okay obviously you dont have the intellect of a 9th grader like myself. So let me break it down for you.

Anytime you crit, you DOUBLE your damage.

Therefore if you are doing an extra 5 damage. (Founders helm add 5 dmg)

And you crit

It becomes 10 extra damage.

Endgame every class will crit most the time.

End game mages always crit

Therefore a endgame mage with founders will do an extra 10 damage per every hit with founders.

5+5=10

5 damage and a crit = 10 damage.

Hopefully this clears that up

MightyMicah
12-09-2012, 08:19 AM
It's risky recreating a thread that got locked. I suppose last time it was locked due to trolling. Lets try and keep this thing constructive this time y'all!

Waug
12-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Okay obviously you dont have the intellect of a 9th grader like myself. ah a 9th grader, that's why, lolol

Anytime you crit, you DOUBLE your damage. ah, I'm suggesting you to chew it again, in case you forget it, latter

Therefore if you are doing an extra 5 damage. (Founders helm add 5 dmg)

And you crit

It becomes 10 extra damage
and who said, you'll crit?

Endgame every class will crit most the time.

End game mages always crit

Therefore a endgame mage with founders will do an extra 10 damage per every hit with founders.

they'll crit, for their existing high crit, not for that extra 1 crit, and FYI, endgame mages will crit always even without founder, if not dodged. Cuz mages crit already got capped.

5 damage and a crit = 10 damage. therefore this conclusion is total wrong, if you missed any point, saying again, an extra crit will give you a chance of critically hitting an enemy 1 out of 100 hits. Therefore, your 1 crit is giving you +5 dmg (oh sorry not 5, that would be your effective damage, means much more than 5) among 100 hits.

Jsaieagle
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Didn't the dev has closed the original thread? Will you make a pt. 3 if this thread is closed?
][_, ][\/][ //-\\ (( ))

Gaunab
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
and who said, you'll crit?
they'll crit, for their existing high crit, not for that extra 1 crit, and FYI, endgame mages will crit always even without founder, if not dodged. Cuz mages crit already got capped. therefore this conclusion is total wrong, if you missed any point, saying again, an extra crit will give you a chance of critically hitting an enemy 1 out of 100 hits. Therefore, your 1 crit is giving you +5 dmg among 100 hits.

You really aren't getting it. he never talked about "1 extra crit" because founders doesn't give crit. It gives 5 dmg and 5 armor.
At current endgame bears have 80 crit, birds are at 90-100 crit and mages at 100+. So they will crit almost every single time. So that additional 5 basedmg does infact become +10 effective dmg. That's all the OP is saying and he is correct by his logic.

It get's wrong when he is putting dps into the equation tho. Dps is a "fake stat". Average base dmg/weapon speed. So the number of dps founders adds depends on your weapon. You don't do basedmg attacks and additional dps attacks. Almost every damage is done from spells and that was already included in your first part.
You can't just put dmg into the equation twice.

Waug
12-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Edited

tHelonestud
12-09-2012, 10:04 AM
You can cry
Or you can win

iRusher
12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Thread locked soon calling it

dudetus
12-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Okay obviously you dont have the intellect of a 9th grader like myself. So let me break it down for you.

U totally cracked me up :Dd!

Register
12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm confused. What the heck are trying to accomplish? Have founders removed? If the "dilemma" is so unjustifiable, then quit. That's your only option other than getting over it. I'm sure you want this "argument" about founders to be over with as much as I do, but I'm certain that you don't realize the only reason the "argument" continues is because people like you have to whine about it......Please, give it a rest.

Zeus
12-09-2012, 01:50 PM
We had to deal with it for 2 years, it's really not a big deal. It does not stop a win, especially considering how regen is so high.

I'm just adamant about the issue of "fake founders".

Jcyee
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
really? lol

nothing you do will eliminate the stats on the founders helm so theres really no point in making another thread about it thats going to be locked

FluffNStuff
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I like turtles.

razerfingers
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey naab quit raging about a little bonus for people that helped get the game started. Rage moar pl0x. I dont care if you wanna get your point across apparently nobody cares anymore xP

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Delphina
12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Thread locked. Please do not repost a closed thread. Thanks!