PDA

View Full Version : Guess Barrel Deaths Contest - New Acc Abuse

Flamberge
12-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Anyone sense that more new account made up just to join this contest? I'm not against those players that recently make forum account just to join this contest. But this contest can be easily cheated, some people make more new account to guess and increase their possibility to win. I do hope STS got some way to figure this out. I hope people that win is the luckiest one, not the cheater.

Bless
12-09-2012, 10:42 AM
You must be new to sts

Obviously sts gonna check acc creation and ip address

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 10:43 AM
I said this many times. I know, there's many many accounts made yesterday. So, for sure someone is getting in trouble soon.

Delphina
12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Hello!
We have ways of checking for cheating. Do not worry about that.

Also, I am not sure if you have noticed but we have a lot of new players in Arcane Legends. We posted this on Facebook and what player wouldn't create an account for a chance to win 2 k in plat?

Flamberge
12-09-2012, 11:05 AM
You must be new to sts

Hi there. I've been playing STS game since March 2011. I'm bringing this topic up merely to warn the others. And I know there is a lot of way to change IP.

Worship
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Remember that thread of that one person who made like 20 accounts and kept saying: Sorry for spam, need 3 posts for a signature.
They did that just to get a better shot at this contest.

Aeroflame
12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
im gonna end up pulling "the price is right" trollocation on these guys. hehehehe

CriticalCyr
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Is this death count already a set number or is it still rising now and won't be tallied until the end of the guessing deadline?

Cahaun
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Remember that thread of that one person who made like 20 accounts and kept saying: Sorry for spam, need 3 posts for a signature.
They did that just to get a better shot at this contest.
That was probably the most obvious sight that something was going on about it. :p

Cero
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
next thing you know, a dude farm deaths on gold mine barrels to raise the count and catch up on his guess.

rofl

Zaonabiuibil
12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
next thing you know, a dude farm deaths on gold mine barrels to raise the count and catch up on his guess.

Rofl

:O genius

Astrocat
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM

rofl

XD but they stopped the count sooooo :3

CriticalCyr
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Ah, okay. Thanks, Astro!

Otukura
12-09-2012, 08:17 PM
You must be new to sts

they don't care about acc creation
i can change my ip in under 5 seconds

Wizard_Mike
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Even if a person made a million accounts to post a million different answers, it wouldn't help him any. To make a valid entry into the contest, you have to put your character name in the signature. That automatically limits the contest to one entry per game account.

I mean, I guess people could make multiple accounts to make multiple guesses, but it would become immediately obvious when you see multiple accounts using the same character name, haha. And even if they used different character names for each guess, it's pretty easy for Spacetime to see they all go to the same account. I imagine there will be some checking and verification to eliminate any would-be cheaters from the running.

Actually, now that I think about it, a person wanting to make another person look like a cheater with the hope that it would get that person removed from the contest could create an account and post a guess using the name of the character they want to target. Like, for example, someone wanted to make Balognabill (made up name for sake of example) look like a cheater, he could use a new account or two to post guesses using Balognabill in the signature. That way it would look like Balognabill is trying to cheat the system. It seems far fetched, but I can imagine that could muck things up a bit.

Hopefully the folks at Spacetime have foreseen all the possible weirdness and have plans for keeping things straight. :)

CriticalCyr
12-10-2012, 02:56 AM
If that were the case, they could look back on the order of the postings and see that bolognabill posted his own submission first and just only count that submission. Rather than disqualifying him entirely, they could save time and paperwork by ignoring all the other balognabill signatures after his.

Flamberge
12-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Again I had mentioned this, that I had nothing against those new players that recently make forum acc to join contest.

There is a lot of way to cheat this one. And I'm curious on how STS gonna decide a winner. Hopefully someone who deserves it.